Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2012, 02:42 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,998,309 times

Advertisements

Better ban legos!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2012, 02:53 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,480,154 times
^^^^^ Let's not forget that a very high percentage of gun violence is committed by previously convicted felon(illegal to possess firearms already.) who were let out of jail to commit MORE crimes!

Old 12-20-2012, 02:57 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,578,434 times
My s/o owns a couple of guns that could be considered assault weapons. He knows he'll likely never need them, but he just likes collecting them, just like some people like collecting coins, or model cars.

Old 12-20-2012, 02:57 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,445,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
FWIW....it's made of Legos and shoots Legos!
Where is a good semi-automatic chainsaw when you need one? How am I going to protect myself from moose and bear when I am in the woods cutting down trees?

Old 12-20-2012, 03:02 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,480,154 times
^^^^ I've never shot bear....but I always enjoyed watching my GF's shoot bare!

FWIW:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8YuPPWuGW8&feature=share&list=FLuFeEhRGyv LS0IG466Bxt4w

Old 12-20-2012, 03:04 PM

20,708 posts, read 19,351,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
By your logic, everyone needs to just escalate their weaponry. Nuclear weapons for toddlers anyone?

And by your logic how do you intend to retrieve these weapons?

Old 12-20-2012, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Yeah China is such a great place. Let's imitate China, where it's the government killing people (or putting them in prison camps).

The Nazis limited firearm ownership to Nazi supporters. Jews and those who could pose a threat to the Nazis were not allowed guns. Moreover, the most effective guns for fighting against the Nazis were not allowed generally (i.e., machineguns).

It somehow doesn't surprise me that a supporter of gun restrictions is lavishing praise on totalitarian regimes.
Yeah, gotta love the praise for China on how this time everyone survived the knife attack. I guess when the state murders several hundred people in 1 incident its not gun violence. That doesn't count.

BBC NEWS
Although the Party claimed nobody was killed on the Square itself, several hundred people were killed by the army and police on nearby streets as the troops lost control and opened fire on unarmed protesters.

Hooray for China when your children may survive a knife attack and grow up to be dead college students.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:51 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:
FWIW....it's made of Legos and shoots Legos!
That's too bad since I wanted one to send to my x wife and tell her it's a hair dryer LOL At first that's what I thought it was.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:56 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:
^^^^^ Let's not forget that a very high percentage of gun violence is committed by previously convicted felon(illegal to possess firearms already.) who were let out of jail to commit MORE crimes!
True, very true, the one i shot spent time for 6 different crimes all drug and violence. he was wanted for 6 more. At my place that was crime 7 for the 6 he was wanted and at the next hose because i didn't shoot well enough, he was taken into custody after the cops broke both his thumbs because he refused to stop choking a woman's infant.

I wish I knew that before i shot.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Yes, correct.............. the "No True Scotsman" argument.

The US is a dying empire, strangled by the cancer of liberalism. Citizens, as the founding fathers knew, need to be armed in order to protect themselves from an oppressive government. Obama is the definition of a totalitarian government, therefore firearms will be needed now more than ever. Of course, the libs will be wanting more and more to eliminate firearms ownership, such that the population can be rendered harmless to the will of the Feds. I wonder if the citizens of Nazi Germany and the USSR, in retrospect, thought that disarming citizens was a good idea?

Dying from the cancer of liberalism? How old is liberalism? What was it that ruined all those other empires? I think the burden of proof is on you to prove the US is the exception. Strange that you think the masses are behind this when the ultimate solution of banning guns will be no such thing because the ruling class will certainly have arms one way or another. Banning guns will be the equivalent of the Praetorian guard that sold the emperor's seat and saw the end of civil government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies