Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2012, 08:30 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,945,731 times

Advertisements

This thread has now been taken over by the right wing nut jobs,. Seems they have found another place to spread their hate, bigotry , lies, They like baiting Liberals with outlandish talk, in hopes someone will bite.
The thread has lost it's meaning as the OP Intended, enough has been said, too much actually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2012, 08:55 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,462,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
This thread has now been taken over by the right wing nut jobs,. Seems they have found another place to spread their hate, bigotry , lies, They like baiting Liberals with outlandish talk, in hopes someone will bite.
The thread has lost it's meaning as the OP Intended, enough has been said, too much actually.
Apology accepted. At least you were man enough to admit when you were flat out wrong.

Old 12-19-2012, 08:56 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,485,232 times
^^@darstar^^^But you're done with a rhetoricaly inaccurrate baiting title huh?

Old 12-19-2012, 09:00 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,481,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Well explain otherwise. Tell me, why would a law abiding citizen want to own an assault weapon?
Why not? I drive a car that could go 150mph even though the highest speed limit in most places is, what, 75mph? But it doesn't matter. I wanted it and now I have it.

[i drive responsibly - what's it to you?]

Old 12-19-2012, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Apology accepted. At least you were man enough to admit when you were flat out wrong.
Well, ether way we are making progress....You don't mind that you are a Right Wing nut job,at lest its a start!

Old 12-20-2012, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
^^@darstar^^^But you're done with a rhetoricaly inaccurrate baiting title huh?
Baiting, I thought it was debating ? No. You are right it's baiting. You do know it's the second mouse that gets the cheese ?you should feel honored. Right wing Nut Job ?, no that's your title too Lots of NOs in this......should make you guys right at home, proceed.......

Old 12-20-2012, 12:44 AM

My last post should have read: ^^@darstar^^^But you're OKAY with a rhetoricaly inaccurrate baiting title huh?

Anyway....you can call us names of you want....it just shows that you must resort to name calling childishness when you are unable to fend off fact with your emotional anecdotal and often fantasy arguments.

Old 12-20-2012, 01:00 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,207,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
The thread hasn't lost it's meaning, it is simply demonstrating that many if not most people here disagree with the OPs assertion. That doesn't make them hateful, bigoted, or liars. It makes them patriot Americans that believe in and cherish and are willing to defend our Constitutional rights.

Old 12-20-2012, 02:04 AM

It's funny that you anti's do all of the spreading of your hate, bigotry , lies, They like baiting Gun rites people with outlandish talk, in hopes someone will bite.

....And then accuse US of it!

I dare you to go back through and find something with hateful, bigotry or lies from the pro side.

What you may find at best is some sarcasm in response to your outlandish lies and bigotry...

Old 12-20-2012, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
In every gun debate the Lefties love to wail about the death toll due to the Rights "LIFESTYLE" choice of owning guns.

So let's ADD up the deaths by lifestyle choices:

Right:

Gun deaths annually=12,000

Left:

Aids=11,000
Abortion=1,200,000
Recreational Drug Deaths=37,500
DRUG Traffic related Deaths=Incalculable

*This counts as it's the left's drug lifestyle that creates the drug cartels and their war over distribution.
Ok, you want an example, well here it is, all your labels; Let's take your numbers and where. You say 12,000 annually killed by guns. Way to simplistic just giving a number and then pigeon hole the cause by politics ? Thats stupid talk, when half the number is caused by self extermination. Aids,Abortion, no connection to left thinking , I would like to hear from where you got this? Same goes for drug use , when the cause and effect is greater with prescription Meds. How do you break down who is to blame there, when booze is also a drug.
I am just saying when you try to blame any group for death numbers, including gun use you open up miles of discussion that goes nowhere. The last I knew this thread was about assault weapons, which at this point can't be discussed until there is an agreement what guns are considered such. What we do know, is the number of gun related deaths needs to be reduced. , especially when a pattern develops in public places, schools, etc. In stead of trying to blame one side or the other , what would help is working together. What if we could reduce the numbers ,say 12,000 to 8,000 by removing some kinds of guns from public access ,?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies