Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2012, 12:24 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,839,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
Well...this isn't NYC or LA for Christs sake. You can tell by peoples posts.

Oh right, I see them! If you look VERY closely here you will see the zombies coming out of the pond.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2012, 02:15 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,485,232 times
In every gun debate the Lefties love to wail about the death toll due to the Rights "LIFESTYLE" choice of owning guns.

So let's ADD up the deaths by lifestyle choices:

Right:

Gun deaths annually=12,000

Left:

Aids=11,000
Abortion=1,200,000
Recreational Drug Deaths=37,500
DRUG Traffic related Deaths=Incalculable

*This counts as it's the left's drug lifestyle that creates the drug cartels and their war over distribution.

Old 12-19-2012, 02:44 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,422,794 times
More than half of gun-related deaths are suicide. Said the CDC.

Old 12-19-2012, 02:50 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,264,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Ever see a mass shooting at a gun show?
No, but a an 8-year-old boy was ripped to shreds at a Massachusetts gun show while he was firing an Uzi ... under adult supervision.

Merely collateral damage in the name of your rights to play with machines of death, of course.

Old 12-19-2012, 02:51 PM

2,266 posts, read 3,718,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Never say never, but in my experience, no. 99.9% of exhibitors in gun shows that I've been to are licensed, and are required to, and do conduct background checks. I've seen people with signs on their back "For sale, such and such, $xxx", a transaction which, if done would be sans background check, but I've never seen an exhibitor selling firearms that was a private party.
I've seen one or two at shows in the last 10 years, but that's it. 99.9% of the exhibitors selling firearms are dealers that make you fill out a 4473 and run a NICS check. A show is not "made up of private people selling guns and knives".

Old 12-19-2012, 02:53 PM

^^^^@ the Queen: 1.2 million kids were killed by people too irresponsible to use BC....doesn't THAT upset you? or just the ONE anecdotal death you spent hours searching out?

Oh GEESH! Okay...that 8 year old was in the care of a POLICE Chief(former)

And it was a HIGHLY regulated fully automatic weapon that MOST of us cannot purchase! Talk about a stretch!

FWIW everyone involve was irresponsible IMHO

...Mostly the father.

This just goes to show that the POLICE are more prone to accidents than the average gun owner...and facts back that up!

Last edited by Cyborgt800; 12-19-2012 at 03:02 PM..

Old 12-19-2012, 03:06 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,982,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
No, but a an 8-year-old boy was ripped to shreds at a Massachusetts gun show while he was firing an Uzi ... under adult supervision.

Merely collateral damage in the name of your rights to play with machines of death, of course.
I seem to recall quite a few children dying on amusement park rides. Are you calling for the closing of amusement parks? Because if you aren't, you are a typical hypocritical liberal.

Old 12-19-2012, 03:07 PM

1,922 posts, read 2,779,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
I tried very hard, but I can't think of any reason why a law abiding citizen would want to own an assault weapon. If your true motive for owning a gun is to protect yourself, why isn't a normal gun good enough? What's next, your own miniature nuclear bomb under the guise of "Second Amendment rights"? Where does it stop?

Do you have any clue how many 'assault weapons' are owned by law abiding citizens? I don't have my stats handy, but it's like 99.9999% of owners.

Old 12-19-2012, 03:11 PM

1,922 posts, read 2,779,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post

Remember this story queen?

A New York nanny accused of the stabbing deaths of two young children pleaded not guilty to murder charges Wednesday in a judicial proceeding conducted in the hospital where the 50-year-old woman is handcuffed to her bed as she recovers from self-inflicted wounds.
Yoselyn Ortega was indicted two weeks ago on two counts each of first- and second-degree murder in the killings of Lucia Krim, 6, and her brother, Leo, who was days shy of his second birthday, in their parents' luxury apartment.

Now, what I'm having a tough time deciding (and I hope you can help me) is if we should ban Nannies, or just knives. Or perhaps both?

Which one did the killing in this case? Personally I'm blaming the knife.

Old 12-19-2012, 03:19 PM

Oh the exaggeration and misleading details!
Quote:
No, but a an 8-year-old boy was ripped to shreds at a Massachusetts gun show while he was firing an Uzi
First it was NOT a gun show...it was a shooting EVENT hosted by a POLICE CHIEF!
Secondly...the boy was NOT "RIPPED TO SHREDS" ....YOU added the hyperbole to add emotion...in fact the boys father at first couldn't see WHY his boy was lying on the ground! I suppose if he was RIPPED TO SHREDS that would've been obvious!

What about all those babies screaming in terror as they're ripped from their mother's wombs? What do you think about THAT? MILLIONS each YEAR!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies