Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2012, 07:33 PM

1,880 posts, read 2,310,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
If I intended to do you harm, could you fend me off? I highly doubt it..90+% of you couldn't do anything but become a victim...UNLESS you had a gun! With a gun we are equal...you at least would have a chance anyway.
If you came to visit me in Australia, I could at least try and fend you off knowing you wouldn't have a gun - because it is highly unlikely that you would be allowed to bring it into the country.

I could try kicking you in the balls - that is at least one thing you can't do to us females lol.

Having said that, I do know there are other more effective ways of fending of attack and, knowing you would be unlikely to be armed being a visitor to our sunny shores, I might at least have some sort of change fending you off, even being a female.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 07:41 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,357,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
Are you telling me the Bushmaster is the same as a " hunting rifle", like all the deer hunters use ? I doubt that is the case, but its been a long time since I sold my Bushmaster, with multi clips. If I recall right each one held 9 rounds. It would seem to me that a ,223 Gun would be great for hunting due to its ability's in rough terrain. maybe not though due to the size of the bullet head. and its fast velocity.I guess the goal is to strike the prey with a disabling force that only comes from a 3006 or 30-30 rifle.( or something bigger in a metric size.) Where I grew up in Iowa, big rifles were banned. You could only hunt with shotguns and "slugs" ? in place of shot.
A Bushmaster is a modern sporting rifle and people do hunt with them, I know many people who do, they also target shoot and shoot competition, my brother in law hunts deer with a .223, he relies on a good placed shot.
It's not what is considered a traditional deer rifle like a bolt action but bolt actions do come in .223, i have a single shot rifle i shoot in .223. But yes the rifles people call assault rifles are actually modern sporting rifles.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:45 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,445,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
A Bushmaster is a modern sporting rifle and people do hunt with them, I know many people who do, they also target shoot and shoot competition, my brother in law hunts deer with a .223, he relies on a good placed shot.
It's not what is considered a traditional deer rifle like a bolt action but bolt actions do come in .223, i have a single shot rifle i shoot in .223. But yes the rifles people call assault rifles are actually modern sporting rifles.
.223 is fine for deer, but under powered for elk, bear, and moose hunting. Last thing you want to do is pump the thing full of holes and have it bleed to death in pain. Far better to end it quickly.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:48 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,945,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Umm, ever hear of bombs? You think a gun ban would have stopped Mcveigh?

Most of this country is not sick of the second amendment. A minority of loudmouths from the usual anti-gun areas does not constitute a majority.
It's not a minority , the Country is split, depending on how you ask the question, somewhere a little more towards gun control.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:52 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,422,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
It's not a minority , the Country is split, depending on how you ask the question, somewhere a little more towards gun control.
Half of the liberals just want a ban on automatic weapons. On wait, they're already banned.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:53 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susankate View Post
If you came to visit me in Australia, I could at least try and fend you off knowing you wouldn't have a gun - because it is highly unlikely that you would be allowed to bring it into the country.

I could try kicking you in the balls - that is at least one thing you can't do to us females lol.

Having said that, I do know there are other more effective ways of fending of attack and, knowing you would be unlikely to be armed being a visitor to our sunny shores, I might at least have some sort of change fending you off, even being a female.
A good part of the why gun owners are so angry is we have seen what gun control means in your country. We have other boards where gun owners chat with x gun owners from your country too.

In the USA we don't want what is the way in your country.

And you talk like making a gun is a feat of magic. I assure you it is simple machine milling from a common parts diagram any machinist worth his salt can do.

Once for a kick I made a Zippo Lighter into a .22 single shot weapon and it still could be used for fire.

The tooling was all very simple and the parts were common to cars.

I don't know how big the guy is you are talking too, but I am older and I have a bad back, so he probably could hammer on me too.

If he wanted my life he might well have it and maybe my wife's to, other than she shoots better than I do, and has her own guns.

I also have sisters one a MD, and she packs a Smith and Wesson S&W .357 every day, since druggies think nothing of knocking off the hospital pharmacies in the USA.

Another Gun Free Zone....

Once I had a Kiwi Gal show up here.... met her on a motorcycle board. her idea was to come to any place on the east cost in the USA and ride her motorcycle to the west coast. During her stay here she asked if she could try shooting some of my guns and i just let her choose.

She picked a Ruger Single Six which is a cowboy looking .22 and a AK-47 clone in 7.62 x 39.

You may have even heard of Max, as she was into the pink cancer ribbon thing and took a mc tour in your country too. And that just makes me wonder if we were to ever meet which of my guns you might select and hope to shoot too.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:57 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Half of the liberals just want a ban on automatic weapons. On wait, they're already banned.
No their not John.... You can still get them in certain states, and NH is one.... However you have to have big bucks, you need to pay a steep tax and you have to pass a different back ground check and get signed off.

Then the company you own, I say you own, because 1, the gun is owned by a Trust, and I say owned because these cost so much, but you can get to have them or better my way rent them..

In modern times only 2 both Ak-47 built illegallyb were ised in the Cali bank robbery /street shoot out.

Good thing there is a LAW huh?

Old 12-18-2012, 07:57 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
Pretty soon you will have a massive rebellion.
Lead by the state of Texas. It's where we would draw the line.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:58 PM

8,564 posts, read 10,987,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
Cali-dood YOU CAN'T answer...LOL...

You cannot have an HONEST discussion! Go back to fantasy land....stay out of MY rights!

...I'l TELL you what kills people...liberal's removal of GOD from everything! Well...you won...no more morals being taught!

And now you're scratching your empty little heads wondering why people do terrible things...

People do terrible things because they can without much reprocussion from any one, and that includes law enforcement, and the courts.
Bob.

Old 12-18-2012, 08:00 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Any one with half a brain can see the writing on the wall, and it spells in big letters, "GUN CONTROL IS ON THE WAY".

Bob.
Hey Bob... wanna buy some good Coke ? It's also illegal but I can get some in about 30 minutes if I so desired.

Gun Control... good luck with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies