Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 01:14 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,509,804 times

Advertisements

Let the TSA into schools that way your kids will be disarmed and fully protected, molested and tested!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 01:18 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,325,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles123 View Post
America with no teachers with guns = no teachers shooting their students.

America where every teacher has a gun = A few cases a year where a teacher gets fed up and shoots a student.
At the very least pistol whips a kid here and there.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:19 AM

20,011 posts, read 22,963,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Again, armed police officers and trained military personal GET KILLED.

And this is not the future of our schools or society in general and it sickens me that some suggest it out of a misguided notion to "save the children". There will not be a rambo patrolling every school in the USA because why stop at schools? Why stop at airports? See the slope now?
There's an old saying- when you have a problem as a big as an elephant where do you start? Both ends.

Start by protecting kids. Start by allowing trained personnel the right to carry CCW everywhere. Not everybody- trained and capable persons. Start at the other end by looking at societal issues. Address issues that erode our fabric as a society- whatever they may be. We have a LOOOONG way to resolve the later, and not time to waste on the first.

No offense but my heart stops at 6 year olds getting peppered by .223 rounds to the body. If there is any 'innocent class' I want to protect it is them. They are our future, and they may be the generation that resolves this issue. They deserve my blood in exchange for theirs.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:20 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,959,897 times
Quote:
Again, armed police officers and trained military personal GET KILLED.

And this is not the future of our schools or society in general and it sickens me that some suggest it out of a misguided notion to "save the children". There will not be a rambo patrolling every school in the USA because why stop at schools? Why stop at airports? See the slope now?
Actually, 30 years ago, I would have been in your corner on this, but our society has changed. The rules have gone out the window. I know what you are saying and in principle I agree, but, we have to get this under control. It is becoming and epidemic.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:21 AM

37,199 posts, read 42,415,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Actually, 30 years ago, I would have been in your corner on this, but our society has changed. The rules have gone out the window. I know what you are saying and in principle I agree, but, we have to get this under control. It is becoming and epidemic.
Not really. It just feels that way. The issue I see is that people are more brazen, have access to things that destroy more lives (assault weapons, bomb making abilities, etc) and are usually not stupid. And it's not just a school issue. It's a society issue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_..._United_States

Old 12-18-2012, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Not really. It just feels that way.
It is that way...

Old 12-18-2012, 01:25 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,325,423 times
Quote:
It is that way...
Violent crime is lower now than it was 30 years ago.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:27 AM

37,199 posts, read 42,415,439 times
Quote:
It is that way...
It just feels that way. Really.

The only difference is that more people can be killed quicker and faster becasue of modern tech.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:33 AM

Quote:
It just feels that way. Really.

The only difference is that more people can be killed quicker and faster becasue of modern tech.
Yes, overall crime statistics have steadily been on the decrease, but mass casualty crimes have taken a dramatic turn in the other direction. It has nothing to do with "modern tech". The weapons that have been being utilized have been around and in circulation for years. This has the potential for spiraling out of control. We have the opportunity now to change the playing field on these preditors that would walk in and take the lives of our children and grandchildren. There is NO legislation that will bring this to a halt. There is no magic "FIX IT" button...

Old 12-18-2012, 01:57 AM

20,011 posts, read 22,963,613 times
Quote:
Yes, overall crime statistics have steadily been on the decrease, but mass casualty crimes have taken a dramatic turn in the other direction. It has nothing to do with "modern tech". The weapons that have been being utilized have been around and in circulation for years. This has the potential for spiraling out of control. We have the opportunity now to change the playing field on these preditors that would walk in and take the lives of our children and grandchildren. There is NO legislation that will bring this to a halt. There is no magic "FIX IT" button...
There may be no magic fix-it button, but there are people like concerned soldiers, sportsmen, parents and citizens that want this to stop and stop now.

You're either with us, or against us. (To quote a famous Texan)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies