Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 04:57 PM

9,962 posts, read 18,552,491 times

Advertisements

I just totally disagree with this fundamental concept that we are all safer if we are all packing guns.

We're pretty close to that now and it doesn't seem to be working.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 04:57 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,875,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Ok so let's say the teacher is mental...

Going nuts and not having a gun around is safer than going nuts and having the gun right there.
Otherwise normal people don't snap and shoot students out of the blue.

Anyone that mental is more than mental enough to bring a gun to school. The rule in the book that says "teachers can't bring guns to school" is not much of a deterrent.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:58 PM

37,198 posts, read 42,397,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Good! Then I'm quite certain you will never hear about a nutcase going to those schools and killing 25 kids.
And it will be because someone is carrying a gun or becasue statistically the odds of someone going to a school and shooting 25 kids is so low? I bet most of the schools that don't get crazy people shooting the place up also don't have teachers with guns. Funny how that works.

Old 12-17-2012, 05:07 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,987,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
That is an irony. Don't trust them because they are brainwashing the kids into a "liberal" mindset, but ok...carry a loaded weapon into class, we trust you to make sure nothing bad happens.

I don't care though. It's not my kids teacher or class or school.

What does the fact of programing someone to a given ideology have to do with thinking them to be violent or murderous? Are you saying we should be worried about liberals? Should we be concerned? Are they violent thugs who would murder children? Hmm... You make an interesting point... maybe we should look into your suggestion of their behavior since you seem to deem them as such.

Old 12-17-2012, 05:07 PM

39,950 posts, read 26,676,618 times
Quote:
What if the teacher goes nuts?

I hope they screen the teachers for psychological drugs.

In an era where teachers are having group sex with children, why do you trust them with guns?

Well...what stops a teacher that goes nuts from walking into a school and slaughtering a bunch of kids with a gun now? The sign on the door?

Old 12-17-2012, 05:42 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,084,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
On the one hand, the righties tell us that teachers are overpaid, lazy, unionized scum who can't find real jobs...

and now they want them to carry weapons.
In Chicago, yes, they are compensated very generously. Too bad Black on Black violence among the youth there is so high otherwise more teachers across the country might want to teach there.

Teachers in Texas barely make a livable wage, but the QOL is also better. Illinois is full of scum bag liberal politicians who rub elbows with the mob. We have one of them as president right now.

Last edited by Metro Matt; 12-17-2012 at 05:50 PM..

Old 12-17-2012, 05:49 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,231,382 times
Quote:
The connection is that mentally unstable people can be teachers. I wouldn't trust them around my child with a gun.

Mentally unstable people can be parents too. Sounds like your child might have one. If one, ONE of those adults had been armed at the school in Ct., the entire outcome most probably would have been different. Something people like you can't seem to grasp.

Old 12-17-2012, 05:53 PM

20,484 posts, read 12,881,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
About darn time!

Texas School District Will Let Teachers Carry Guns

A tiny Texas school district may be the first in the nation to pass a law specifically allowing teachers and staff to pack heat when classes begin later this month.

Read more: Texas School District Will Let Teachers Carry Guns | Fox News
Your article is 4.5 years old.

Old 12-17-2012, 06:10 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,506,407 times
Quote:
I just totally disagree with this fundamental concept that we are all safer if we are all packing guns.

We're pretty close to that now and it doesn't seem to be working.

REALLY? Care to back that up with FACTS? I WILL...;
FBI Violent Crime Stats--Gun Ownership Up/Crime Rates Drop - Handguns

FBI: Reported violent crime down for fifth year | The Detroit News | detroitnews.com

FBI: Violent crimes fall for 4th year in row - CBS News

FBI Stats: Gun Sales Up, Violent Crime Down

Quote:
Ok so let's say the teacher is mental...
...Then WHY are they teaching in the first place?

Old 12-17-2012, 06:20 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,393,352 times
LOL @thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies