Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2012, 11:55 AM

37,137 posts, read 42,228,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I am well aware of many of the problems in the child care/mental health part of it, but, I will never be in favor of, or, want to support with taxes or any other way the murder of an unborn human being.
You don't have to be in favor of anything. None of us get that choice and it's not a goal or requirement. It's the cost of living in our society, and learning the world doesn't revolve around us, our ideas, our whims. You have options but I doubt they would suit you either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2012, 12:00 PM

18,401 posts, read 19,027,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
Look, those kids are in foster care for many reasons. Sometimes the parent wants to keep the child and the government takes them away anyway. I am not saying there is not a good reason for that. Actually, I think the liberal/progressives types are argueing out of both sides of their proverbial mouths. These foster children that they are complaining about employee many, many people. Mostly all on some type of government payroll or subsidized by the government in one way or another. Remember ole Hillary a few years back and her "it takes a village comment"? I am well aware of many of the problems in the child care/mental health part of it, but, I will never be in favor of, or, want to support with taxes or any other way the murder of an unborn human being.
maybe you missed my question, I will ask again.

do you think a woman should be forced to carry a pregnancy to term if she doesn't want to?

Old 12-20-2012, 01:01 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,553,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
maybe you missed my question, I will ask again.

do you think a woman should be forced to carry a pregnancy to term if she doesn't want to?
Yes! Of course, they don't seem to be willing to volunteer to have babies!

Old 12-20-2012, 01:05 PM

34,092 posts, read 83,000,140 times
Quote:
...but, I will never be in favor of, or, want to support with taxes
or any other way (edit: legal abortions)
And you have the right to that choice.

Does that give you any rights regarding other peoples choices?
No. It doesn't.

Quote:
If I did not already know so many churchgoers who are patently sane,
I might begin to suspect that Christianity should be included in the DSM.

Old 12-20-2012, 01:35 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Quote:
HOW do YOU intend to force women to have babies??

Details, oh wise one....

Old 12-20-2012, 02:00 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
I wish you folks would take the time to read this. God Bless You All and Merry Christmas!

Abortion Defies Common Sense : The Integrated Catholic Life
Common sense simply tells me is that if you believe abortion is murder and you don't want a baby, then please don't indulge in any sexual act that can lead to pregnancy. Let common sense rule, not hypocrisy.

Old 12-20-2012, 02:10 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
What an utterly absurd response. Pro choice people want to ban abortion, but don't want to think about dealing with the serious consequences doing such a stupid thing would bring.

Old 12-20-2012, 02:22 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,340,548 times
Quote:
Look, those kids are in foster care for many reasons. Sometimes the parent wants to keep the child and the government takes them away anyway. I am not saying there is not a good reason for that. Actually, I think the liberal/progressives types are argueing out of both sides of their proverbial mouths. These foster children that they are complaining about employee many, many people. Mostly all on some type of government payroll or subsidized by the government in one way or another. Remember ole Hillary a few years back and her "it takes a village comment"? I am well aware of many of the problems in the child care/mental health part of it, but, I will never be in favor of, or, want to support with taxes or any other way the murder of an unborn human being.
And I will never be in favor of, or, want to support with taxes or any other way an unprovoked invasion of another country! or, the bail out of a mega bank!

If you get to pick, so do I....

Old 12-20-2012, 04:43 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,553,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
HOW do YOU intend to force women to have babies??

Details, oh wise one....
I admit this is probably not exactly answering your question, but, I had a bit of time to think about this. Here is my idea: Since it seems to be such an unquestionable "right" to do what one wants with ones own body, re: abortion, etc. My modest proposal is that we make suicide legal, without stigma, totally normal, like a walk in the park. No antidepressants, anxiolytics, counseling or otherwise trying to talk someone out of killing themselves. Failed suicides that end up in the ER are patched up and sent back out into society asap with perhaps a few tips on how to get the job done right the next time. Now I offer all this, with a hat tip to our esteemed president, in the interest of fairness. If you catch my drift. What's good for the goose is good for the gander and all that. Now I think the progressives should really go for this idea.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:50 PM

2,865 posts, read 3,632,658 times
About one million abortions every year in usa. This is what is called "The Silent Holocaust". Some of the same people that protest the execution of a convicted murderer will not think twice about giving a pass to the abortion of innocent children. It's called "A Women's Right To Choose" don't you know. There are a lot of dynamics involved besides that too. All that money made by selling those abortion byproducts and using "fetuses" for medical expirimentation. As well as the fact that it keeps down the global population which pleases the global elite to no end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies