Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2012, 03:36 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
Did you ever hear that old joke about the difference between theory and reality?
It's not my business and I don't want to know about your personal business. I believe this is some kind of discussion board where people can and do discuss the issues of the day.
One day a coworker came to me and after a time told me she was pregnant, it was a difficult situation, and told me she was considering abortion. Well, because of my belief, I felt I should try and convince her to not have an abortion and I provided her with lots of information regarding this subject. She ended keeping the child, raising the child. One day she told me the reason she shared her problem with me was that she knew I would try to talk her out of it. She has told me that child is the best thing that ever happened in her life. I know she has had a rough life.
Yeah, yeah, yeah.
So she didn't want an abortion and didn't have one.
So you say.

Welcome to I’m Not Sorry · I'm Not Sorry . Net
Welcome to I’mNotSorry.net, a site where women can share their positive experiences with abortion. The stories posted on this site may contain graphic descriptions of medical procedures, as well as attitudes that may not be in current vogue. We welcome visitors of all opinions as long as they are respectful of our views.

Looks to me like people are content with their decisions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2012, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
However you try to rationalize it, it's better for the kid to be born than never be at all. I mean if his life sucks so much he always has the choice of ending it.
Why?
Tell that to the kid in foster care with their 8th family and he's been abused by 5.
Tell that to the kid who doesn't get adopted and is on the streets at 18, frequently unable to care for themselves.
And listen to what idiots in the real world and on CD have to say about those losers who suck from the system.

No, it's not always better; in fact, it's frequently worse.

Old 12-21-2012, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Tiger View Post
I feel terrible for all the families and people that knew these children and just how horrible this tragecy is but it is less horrible compared to the millions of babies that are killed before being born. What a silly and unscientific (but deadly) concept that a baby in its mother's womb is not a "person" until being born.
Hyperbole much?
They're not babies until they're born (or viable).
What is scientific about calling a fetus, blastocyte, etc. a baby.
It's not.
Remove the little parasite from the womb and see how it fares.

Science, try it.

Old 12-21-2012, 04:09 AM

3,382 posts, read 8,651,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Hyperbole much?
They're not babies until they're born (or viable).
What is scientific about calling a fetus, blastocyte, etc. a baby.
It's not.
Remove the little parasite from the womb and see how it fares.

Science, try it.
So by the definition of science, are parasites not living organisms?

Old 12-21-2012, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post
So by the definition of science, are parasites not living organisms?
Who said they weren't living.
They don't meet the definition of "baby" - but you knew that.

Cancer is a living organism, too.

Old 12-21-2012, 05:27 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,824,295 times
Why is it that pro-abortionists never take into consideration what the effect of pre-emptive removal of millions of human beings from the world and what the effect of this messing with nature would have? Think of it...who would these millions of people be? No one knows or cares to know. In my primitive mind I really believe in fate and divine plan..that when two people meet and conceive a child that the child was MEANT to be. It is not an accident that two particular people out of the billions...meet and create. There is something insidiously intrusive in so far as fate is concerned...That we as a species are highly organized to the point that we can convince people to deny the entry into this world of human beings who are the products of our bodies.

If human beings are in fact spiritual creatures...and eternal or divine.>> Where are these millions of spirits who were denied entry in the material world? Are they waiting in a kind of purgatory or exile engineered by humanity and not by GOD? Just saying...abortion is the denial of human divinity.

Old 12-21-2012, 05:32 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,824,295 times
In plain language, abortion is the debasing of human beings to a level less than animals. Common animals do not destroy or consume their own young. It is almost as if to ensure some sort of better future...woman and men consume the product of their own body - We in effect eat our own young...thinking that by doing so we guarantee some sort of better outcome and a more positive life......Frankly I have never met a man or woman that did not regret having or insisting on an abortion.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:20 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
My gosh, from what I have read there are people lined up at abortion clinics everywhere offering to help those girls and I believe you people call them NUTS!!!!
Your soapbox is a slippery pile.
How many of those "offering to help" are actually offering to help in any real way?

How many are offering to pay ALL medical bills?
How many are offering to pay ALL lost wages?
How many are offering to adopt a child and pay for at least 18 years of food, shelter, education, etc?
How many are personally offering to drive the woman to every doctors appointment?
How many are willing to do more than spout off bible quotes, and hand her a phone number to the nearest womens shelter/church?

Not many.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:37 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
In plain language, abortion is the debasing of human beings to a level less than animals. Common animals do not destroy or consume their own young. It is almost as if to ensure some sort of better future...woman and men consume the product of their own body - We in effect eat our own young...thinking that by doing so we guarantee some sort of better outcome and a more positive life......Frankly I have never met a man or woman that did not regret having or insisting on an abortion.
Do you really question everyone you meet on whether or not they had an abortion? How rude? and very weird...

Are YOU in charge of other people's regrets?

All people have all kinds of regrets...are you trying to take care of them all???

How do you explain all the women who DON'T regret having an abortion???

Old 12-21-2012, 06:39 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Many animals can spontaneously abort if the conditions are not right (drought, lack of food etc) gazelles and armadillos, and iguanas can hold fertilized eggs until the conditions are optimal, to name just a few. And many animals also consume their young. There was a story not too long ago about hippos that were believed to be self aborting due to drought. The females were otherwise healthy, and no physical reason could be found for the number of females dropping fetuses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies