Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2012, 06:01 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,341,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I say we go one further and legalize the killing of those dependent on society for survival. After all, they are merely parasites with no value and as the host supporting them we should get a choice in the matter, right?
Define "dependent."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2012, 06:10 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
Look, those kids are in foster care for many reasons. Sometimes the parent wants to keep the child and the government takes them away anyway. I am not saying there is not a good reason for that. Actually, I think the liberal/progressives types are argueing out of both sides of their proverbial mouths. These foster children that they are complaining about employee many, many people. Mostly all on some type of government payroll or subsidized by the government in one way or another. Remember ole Hillary a few years back and her "it takes a village comment"? I am well aware of many of the problems in the child care/mental health part of it, but, I will never be in favor of, or, want to support with taxes or any other way the murder of an unborn human being.
So unwanted and abused kids are good for the economy?
Really, you don't give one whit about the kids, after all, they're already born.
How shameful, what would your god thingie do?

Did you read about the catholic church and abortion?
I provided links since you wouldn't look for the truth.

Quote:
Yes! Of course, they don't seem to be willing to volunteer to have babies!
Imprison women to breed? You don't actually care about people, just fetus.
What a very sick and demented view of the world.

Old 12-20-2012, 06:16 PM

Quote:
I admit this is probably not exactly answering your question, but, I had a bit of time to think about this. Here is my idea: Since it seems to be such an unquestionable "right" to do what one wants with ones own body, re: abortion, etc. My modest proposal is that we make suicide legal, without stigma, totally normal, like a walk in the park. No antidepressants, anxiolytics, counseling or otherwise trying to talk someone out of killing themselves. Failed suicides that end up in the ER are patched up and sent back out into society asap with perhaps a few tips on how to get the job done right the next time. Now I offer all this, with a hat tip to our esteemed president, in the interest of fairness. If you catch my drift. What's good for the goose is good for the gander and all that. Now I think the progressives should really go for this idea.
For ford's sake, this is your thread, can you at least try to have some semblance of being on-topic.
You, again, don't give a whit about people who are born and care only about fetii.

What say you about the catholic church approving abortion up to 4 months in the past?
Seems you're mum on the topic.
Then again, I have included facts, not supposition and opinion.

Old 12-20-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
About one million abortions every year in usa. This is what is called "The Silent Holocaust". Some of the same people that protest the execution of a convicted murderer will not think twice about giving a pass to the abortion of innocent children. It's called "A Women's Right To Choose" don't you know. There are a lot of dynamics involved besides that too. All that money made by selling those abortion byproducts and using "fetuses" for medical expirimentation. As well as the fact that it keeps down the global population which pleases the global elite to no end.
And those of you who are anti-choice, anti-women support war.
I think that those already alive deserve consideration, those who are potential people, not so much.
How many unwanted and defective babies, teens, have you adopted?
What? None?

Old 12-20-2012, 06:20 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Because it allows the pro-abortion people to fool themselves into believe it's not a baby and killing the fetus is okay as long as a group of judges say so. Easier to have an abortio. than the idiot dudes from keeping their zippers up and stupid dames from spreading their legs and having to support a baby.
Then what are you trying to get across? That you want all abortion to be banned?

Old 12-20-2012, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Because it allows the pro-abortion people to fool themselves into believe it's not a baby and killing the fetus is okay as long as a group of judges say so. Easier to have an abortio. than the idiot dudes from keeping their zippers up and stupid dames from spreading their legs and having to support a baby.
Pro-abortion?
Who is pro-abortion?
Many of us have a handshaking relationship with reality.
That's a good thing. More people should try it.
Abortions have been around for centuries, since women could get pregnant.
You might want to educate yourself and read a bit about abortions in the US before RvW.
Coat hanger abortions occurred.
Ignorance, as they say, is obviously bliss.

Last edited by chielgirl; 12-20-2012 at 06:30 PM..

Old 12-20-2012, 06:22 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
Yes! Of course, they don't seem to be willing to volunteer to have babies!
Wow. Controlling women to an extent the Taliban would be proud to have you join them. They're several thousand miles to the east of wherever the heck you are now. Got a passport?

Old 12-20-2012, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I say we go one further and legalize the killing of those dependent on society for survival. After all, they are merely parasites with no value and as the host supporting them we should get a choice in the matter, right?
Isn't that exactly what most of the anti-choice, religious ferverts, and the insane faction of conservatives want?

Old 12-20-2012, 06:31 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,708,101 times
[two pro-lifers conversing] "Abortions, whaaaat? Don't worry, sugar, some country who we're not really sure if they have WMDs or not.....well, we're gonna invade anyway. They'll be hundreds of thousands of deaths, including children, but don't worry, they believe in a different god."...."Thank heavens!"

Old 12-20-2012, 06:53 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,553,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
For ford's sake, this is your thread, can you at least try to have some semblance of being on-topic.
You, again, don't give a whit about people who are born and care only about fetii.

What say you about the catholic church approving abortion up to 4 months in the past?
Seems you're mum on the topic.
Then again, I have included facts, not supposition and opinion.
Library : The Roman Catholic Church and Abortion: An Historical Perspective - Part I - Catholic Culture

chielgirl, I think the articles you posted were dishonest and that is being generous. Please read the one above and get back to me. That article refutes quite nicely all of the nonsense from yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies