Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2012, 09:31 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,052,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
She is pro gun-control and yet pro-choice. When it concerns my right to own and to self defense she's all for the government stepping in. When it's down to her wanting an abortion, oh no, government regulation is bad bad.

Do you see the hypocrisy here?
I, for one, do not want a ban on gun ownership.

However, both abortion and gun ownership need to be regulated to some extent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2012, 09:34 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,064,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
so full of pro life you only care about the fetus that grows yet could care less about the woman. what a compassionate and empathetic person you are
A woman who decided to get a back alley abortion made a choice. She can live (or die) with the consequences. Her baby made no choice and is it at the mercy of her whims.

Quote:
third world american taliban thinking. women will not be dragged back. like a man we have the right to control our own bodies, make our own choice.
Abortion laws are already becoming stricter since Roe V Wade. And maybe in a couple decades will be decided on a state by state basis.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:43 AM

Quote:
A woman who decided to get a back alley abortion made a choice. She can live (or die) with the consequences. Her baby made no choice and is it at the mercy of her whims.

Abortion laws are already becoming stricter since Roe V Wade. And maybe in a couple decades will be decided on a state by state basis.
Talk about hypocracy.

On the one hand you are for more government restrictions on abortion........on the other hand you are against more government restrictions on gun ownership.

How can you argue that abortion kills.....yet not argue that guns are meant to kill?

If you want abortion banned....you should also want guns banned.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Talk about hypocracy.

On the one hand you are for more government restrictions on aboirtion........on the other hand you are against more governmnet restrictions on gun ownership.
Who said I was for government restrictions on abortion? The little voices in your head? I'm merely pointing out to the gung ho gals that your rights are slowly being eroded too

Old 12-21-2012, 09:54 AM

Quote:
If you want abortion banned....you should also want guns banned.
That's not necessarily the case since abortion by necessity requires the destruction of life. Gun ownership does not. But I can see your side and I'm fine with up to 15-20 weeks it being legal. But whatever I will let you fight for the right to abortion, it doesn't concern me at all. One way or the other, I don't have a big dog in this fight.

I'm concerned with protecting people's fundamental rights.

One is the right to self defense (no restrictions on guns is a starting point for this right).
One right is to free speech.
One right is for us to alter our own bodies (no laws against drugs etc).

I'll let you fight the abortion fight.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:58 AM

Quote:
That's not necessarily the case since abortion by necessity requires the destruction of life. Gun ownership does not. But I can see your side and I'm fine with up to 15-20 weeks it being legal. But whatever I will let you fight for the right to abortion, it doesn't concern me at all. One way or the other, I don't have a big dog in this fight.

I'm concerned with protecting people's fundamental rights.

One is the right to self defense (no restrictions on guns is a starting point for this right).
One right is to free speech.
One right is for us to alter our own bodies (no laws against drugs etc).

I'll let you fight the abortion fight.
OK.....since I am happy owning my simple revolvers......I guess I shouldn't care if they ban your automatics.

Got it.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:58 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,226,365 times
The pro abortionist and pro choice all argue in the same circular argument.
Pro abortionist cry it a woman right ;Pro life will believe the human inside the woman is grossly being denied rights
pro abortionist argue its the law : pro life will argue so was slavery
pro abortionist will say pro life only cares about kids before they are born, pro life will say pro abortionist want to kill kids before they are born
pro abortionist will decry pro life as woman haters disregarding many pro life people raise kids,
Pro life will decry pro abortionist as kid haters because they say they kill kids while disregarding many pro abortionist raise
Pro abortionist and pro life argue the same circles
Finally pro abortionist will deny the term pro abortionist relates to them

Old 12-21-2012, 10:03 AM

Quote:
OK.....since I am happy owning my simple revolvers......I guess I shouldn't care if they ban your automatics.

Got it.
At least you're a gun owner

Old 12-21-2012, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Who said I was for government restrictions on abortion? The little voices in your head? I'm merely pointing out to the gung ho gals that your rights are slowly being eroded too
Little voices in my head? Didn't you say you were against abortion after 15-20 weeks? Does that mean you want government regulation or not?

Why is gun regulation bad, but abortion regulation OK.....as long as you agree with it?

We are well aware that our rights are being eroded.....and are fighting to stop it.

Only a few radicals want a complete ban on gun ownership.....unlike the Republican Party, which is actively trying to completely ban abortion, even in cases or rape and incest. Wanna trade places?

Old 12-21-2012, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Little voices in my head? Didn't you say you were against abortion after 15-20 weeks? Does that mean you want government regulation or not?
Being against something and wanting government regulation are too different animals.

But we have to decide when aborting becomes murder. Clearly there is a line when the fetus becomes a viable, sentient human being. If you're ok with abortion at all stages then you must be ok with infanticide in early stages as well.

I'm all about protecting individual rights to do what they want with their body. The problem with abortion is there is a stage when there is more than one body in question.

Such a case never comes up with guns (when you use guns to rob or murder, it's already a crime). Such a thing never comes up with drugs (you only harm your own body).

But the right to abortion, at one point, clearly involves another sentient life. So it's not as cut and dry as you like to think. If you're raped, get an abortion right away. It's easier on your body too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies