Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2013, 09:35 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,976,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
We should put all males on the list because they are all potential rapists.
We should put all females on the list because they are all potential prostitutes.
We should put all CPAs on the list because they have potential for tax evasion,
We should put all newspaper wiriters, editors, and publishers on the list, they
have the potential to mislead the public with hyperbole instead of facts.

If we could save one life, it will be worth it.
Here is their list...... This list has been created by the NY State hand gun registry
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=...m&source=embed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 09:38 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,080,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
All my guns are on a "list" in Florida too, because every time I buy one, they take down the serial number and store it in a database with my name and address. I do not think the list is public though.
Finn I have no idea about Florida and other states have taken measure to insure registrastions are not public information. In the state of NY if you own a handgun it's public information hence the reason for it being publicized.

-------edit-------

Just to note this is a list of people permitted to own a handgun, the paper also requested information on what handguns were owned but that was denied. Each hand gun you own in NY has to be registered with the handgun permit.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:40 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Finn I have no idea about Florida and other states have taken measure to insure registrastions are not public information. In the state of NY if you own a handgun it's public information hence the reason for it publicized.
OK so, it is public info in NY. Thanks.

Quote:
Just to note this is list of people permitted to own handgun, the paper also requested information on what handguns were owned but that was denied. Each hand gun you own in NY has to be registered with the handgun permit.
Their laws differ from FL laws. You don't need a permit to own one here, only if you want to carry concelead. Also, here you don't have to register them, although when you buy a gun from a licenced dealer, they take down the serial number and store it in a database with your name and address.

Old 01-02-2013, 10:14 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
Surely you wouldnt mind posting your home address, name and phone number on these forums right?

If not, why do you live in such fear?
You mean like a phonebook? You can find my name and number there.

Old 01-02-2013, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Does it list valuable private property you own that is very desirable to steal?

Old 01-02-2013, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Does it list valuable private property you own that is very desirable to steal?
You mean like a car, TVs, computers etc which every home has? Some people post signs on the front lawns warning criminals that the homeowner is also a gunowner. The idea is to discourage the thief. You are saying it could work both ways, that the presence of a gun might actually attract the criminals.

Old 01-02-2013, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You are saying it could work both ways, that the presence of a gun might actually attract the criminals.
Certainly it could, that gun is no deterrent if you're not home is it?

Old 01-02-2013, 10:40 AM

24,422 posts, read 23,084,509 times
Just fire the reporter and managing editor of the newspaper already. I'd have cancelled my subscription immediately.

Old 01-02-2013, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Certainly it could, that gun is no deterrent if you're not home is it?
No, it is not, which makes one question the wisdom of putting such signs on the front lawn.

Old 01-02-2013, 10:47 AM

1,137 posts, read 972,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well why dont you list it here for everyone to see, just like the paper did for gun owners?

Why are you afraid of posting it? You shouldnt live in fear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies