Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2013, 06:19 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,295,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Nothing fudgin hysterical, at all when you have had 2 family members murdered in their own homes. If you want to call a husband or wife, selfish, for wanting to protect their home, and their loved ones, and being soulless, then so be it.

The possibility of someone breaking into your home today, and killing you, is real, criminals, mafia types, gang bangers, rapists, burglars, with always have guns. A homeowner has the right to protect their family, someone breaks into your home, and about to shoot you, you have a gun, will you use it and take his life, or have him take yours?
What does mocking a gun shot victim have to do with your silly post?

Gifford and her husband own guns, making jokes about her condition doesn't help your cause, but continue by all means, just makes it all easier for us anti-tea partiers

Old 01-08-2013, 06:19 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
She's being used, just like James Brady.
Her husband, the Space Shuttle pilot seems to believe in the cause 100%, unless you think he's dumb enough to be used as a tool as well.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:20 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan

I just don't like it when victims become advocates and use their victimhood to push politics.

No, he/she is not. The gun lovers are showing their true colors as a bunch of hysterical, selfish, soulless, hate-mongers.
I'm not a gun lover. I am actually for stricter gun laws.

Just because I don't fawn over faux advocates that come out of the woodwork after a crisis should have no bearing on my opinions on guns.

I've said the same about Michelle Obama and her newfound obsession with school lunches. Go look up my posts if you don't believe me.

Her husband could have started that PAC way back when she got shot or anytime since.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Her husband, the Space Shuttle pilot seems to believe in the cause 100%, unless you think he's dumb enough to be used as a tool as well.
Her husband was also a Naval officer, why do they slam Naval officers?

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Well neither of them have a job anymore so they both have plenty of time between their two PACs now.

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Unless these are comments from Gifford herself, your post is garbage.
I'd love to post comments for Gifford but there are none. How ignorant is that? She started a PAC with her husband called Americans for Responsible Solutions and they offer no solutions whatsoever.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I'd love to post comments for Gifford but there are none. How ignorant is that? She started a PAC with her husband called Americans for Responsible Solutions and they offer no solutions whatsoever.
So you post comments by others in a thread about her?

Old 01-08-2013, 06:23 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,654,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I'm not a gun lover. I am actually for stricter gun laws.

Just because I don't fawn over faux advocates that come out of the woodwork after a crisis should have no bearing on my opinions on guns.

I've said the same about Michelle Obama and her newfound obsession with school lunches. Go look up my posts if you don't believe me.

Her husband could have started that PAC way back when she got shot or anytime since.
What would make Giffords and her husband "faux advocates"? Certainly they have reason to be gun advocates. if anyone does.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:25 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post

Funny you should mention James Brady. Another man, who while suffering a tragedy, let his personal fears control his critical thinking.
Based on the thousands of posts on this topic in this forum, fear seems to be the common thread, regardless of which side of the issue.

Fear of home invasions,
Fear of confiscation
Fear of being murdered in a school or movie theatre

And all of the above are highly unlikely under any scenario.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:25 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Her husband was also a Naval officer, why do they slam Naval officers?

Do other liberals actually believe BS like this or do you just post it for the sheer shock value that it brings to the small minded leftist in the crowd? The "Why do you hate ________ " reply must be #1 in the ignorant liberal playbook, right before the "war on _______".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies