Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2013, 04:18 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,422,622 times

Advertisements

We gotta arm every man, woman and child in Murica!!! That'll solve everything:

Fort Hood shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-08-2013, 04:21 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post

Sorry..that was labeled as just another case of "workplace violence" and shows you how set up "free gun zones" can be when it happens right in a military base doesn't it ?

The shooters know there will be no shots fired in defense.

Old 01-08-2013, 04:21 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Does it include some program to get the mentally ill help? It was a crazy man who shot her. Where is the mental help in this country other than letting people who need help walk the streets with a gun?
Well, here's a newsflash for those of you so knowledgeable about 'crazy': Giffords is a legal gun owner. Yet she can't think without lengthy pauses, can't speak without stammering, and can't walk without wobbling. Is she crazy? No. But is she all there? No! Should she have a gun in her condition? What constitutes crazy? Some kinds of 'crazy' are caused by.............BRAIN INJURY! Yet she is the legal owner of a gun.

Typical democrat! They yelp and hollar, yet fail to recognize when it's THEM! I can just hear them sputtering and trying to come up with excuses for why it's OK for Giffords to be a legal gun owner, but not her crazy assailant.

Old 01-08-2013, 04:22 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,568 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Should victims of slander start demanding the repeal of the First Amendment? Or how about the victims of illegal search and seizures advocate for the repeal of the Fourth Amendment?

Victim status does not give anyone the right to deprive others of their constitutionally protected inherent individual rights.
slander is illegal and there for, not part of the first amendment. You have the freedom to give your opinion, you do not have the freedom to lie.

and do i even need to respond to the second part, was this entire comment satire ?????????

Old 01-08-2013, 04:22 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
I wish this lady and her coat-tail riding husband would disappear from the public eye for good. I can think of NO ONE who gives a damn what he/she thinks.

"Who should we ask? Why, lets ask GABBY GIFFORDS!!"

Old 01-08-2013, 04:25 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
She wasn't a big advocate before her accident but is now and using her victimhood to push the issue.
It's just my opinion.

I don't like people who have agendas and are not true to them.
You think she got a call from the Dem party on this or did it on her own ?
She's just the advocate to take Brady's place whose accident is long forgotten.

Just remember.."Whatever it takes".
Well, so sad for you that she now has an AGENDA. Oh yes, since she got SHOT in the head ~ maybe she got passionate about it. Good Lord - do you even read what you write?

Old 01-08-2013, 04:26 PM

513 posts, read 581,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post

We gotta make all of Murica a gun-free zone. That'll solve everything. Oh wait...

Old 01-08-2013, 04:27 PM

A blind man in NJ gets his guns back after shooting himself in the leg.
His defense..discrimination because he was blind.
New Jersey is fairly liberal.

I'm all for responsible gun ownership but I wouldn't want to live on the same block as this blind guy with a gun.

New Jersey judge rules blind man who lost his guns after shooting himself will get them back* - NY Daily News

Old 01-08-2013, 04:28 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,462,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
slander is illegal and there for, not part of the first amendment. You have the freedom to give your opinion, you do not have the freedom to lie.

and do i even need to respond to the second part, was this entire comment satire ?????????
In case you were not aware, it is also illegal to shoot someone unless it is in self-defense.

Like I said, victim status does not give anyone the right to deprive others of their constitutionally protected inherent individual rights.

Old 01-08-2013, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Well, so sad for you that she now has an AGENDA. Oh yes, since she got SHOT in the head ~ maybe she got passionate about it. Good Lord - do you even read what you write?
SHE has no agenda but is being used by those that do.

The Dems go for emotion, not logic and they've got a battle ahead of them if they want to ban guns.
Anti-gun means no guns..right ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies