Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 02:56 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,169,687 times

Advertisements

I would think of anyone who is justified to support gun control legislation it would indeed be a person who was a victim of gun violence.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:57 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Most don't make a big public to do about it..they just do it.
You're joking.

This woman was shot in the head and you believe she shouldn't speak out and take a stand? If not her.... whom? You? You give your opinions here frequently. She's not allowed to do the same?

Yes. That's how America works. No one dismisses the First Amendment more than those who cling to the Second.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:59 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Most don't make a big public to do about it..they just do it.
Really?
How is what Ms Giffords and her husband are doing different than, say, what Susan Komen's sister did?
"Pinking" every darn thing is a pretty "big public to do," wouldn't you say?

Old 01-08-2013, 03:01 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,507,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
Why shouldn't a victim get a seat at the table? The have the perspective of personal experience that should be part of the political process.

For example, where would this country be without victims of racial abuse taking a stand during the civil rights movement?
These victims are pushing to take away everyone's civil rights.

Old 01-08-2013, 03:04 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
You're joking.

This woman was shot in the head and you believe she shouldn't speak out and take a stand? If not her.... whom? You? You give your opinions here frequently. She's not allowed to do the same?

Yes. That's how America works. No one dismisses the First Amendment more than those who cling to the Second.
She wasn't a big advocate before her accident but is now and using her victimhood to push the issue.
It's just my opinion.

I don't like people who have agendas and are not true to them.
You think she got a call from the Dem party on this or did it on her own ?
She's just the advocate to take Brady's place whose accident is long forgotten.

Just remember.."Whatever it takes".

Old 01-08-2013, 03:04 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,169,687 times
Let's hope someone doesn't get shot in the head themselves. They might try to change some laws. That would be terrible. Like victims of drunk driving trying to get tougher drinking & driving laws. What a bad idea.

Old 01-08-2013, 03:05 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,401,046 times
The term " common sense" is a term anti gunners use over and over hoping that if they say it enough people with be brain washed to it, yet there is little common sense in what Biden, Feinstein, Bloomberg, and Obama offer.

Bloomberg? You gotta be kidding me, Obama taps Bloomberg as a source for opinion? Keep that little tyrant in NYC and AWAY from the rest of America. A MAYOR has no right to determining national legislation specially HIM.

Old 01-08-2013, 03:10 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
You think she got a call from the Dem party on this or did it on her own ?
I think she and her husband talked about it during her recovery. From being shot in the head.

Really? So there's a big conspiracy from the Democratic party? That's your belief? "Hey, Gabby. Sorry about getting half your head blown off. Listen we've been working on taking away everyone's guns so we thought we'd give you a call and see if we could use your name on the letterhead."

Old 01-08-2013, 03:10 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,466,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Bloomberg? You gotta be kidding me, Obama taps Bloomberg as a source for opinion? Keep that little tyrant in NYC and AWAY from the rest of America. A MAYOR has no right to determining national legislation specially HIM.
Crime rates in NYC are at historic laws. I'd say he must be doing something right.

Old 01-08-2013, 03:12 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,213,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I think she and her husband talked about it during her recovery. From being shot in the head.

Really? So there's a big conspiracy from the Democratic party? That's your belief? "Hey, Gabby. Sorry about getting half your head blown off. Listen we've been working on taking away everyone's guns so we thought we'd give you a call and see if we could use your name on the letterhead."
I doubt you have to twist the arm of a gun shot victim to support gun regulation, especially if the victim got shot in the head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies