Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2013, 12:05 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times

Advertisements

I would never think I have the right to tell complete strangers anything about their personal lives. God really gives some folks some pretty big kahunas while simultaniously making them forget their manners.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:09 AM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
No surprise you'd use FOX as a source, and even less of a surprise they'd spin it and use misleading headlines. I'm familiar with that story, and there is a lot more to it! For one thing, we have no evidence it was "gays" who did anything... considering people of all orientations attend protests and support gay marriage, it just as easily (more easily if statistics apply) could have been heterosexuals. Second of all, that "innocent old lady" was an instigator who had stirred up trouble at previous protests. Finally, IIRC all they did was throw her styrofoam cross on the ground - hardly a violent assault. I don't condone any form of violent retaliation, but at least present the facts in totality and from an unbiased source.

P.S. What does this have to do with anything? Are you trying to make some connection between an isolated incident, which may or may not have been perpetrated by a homosexual, to these two women who were just trying to have a nice meal? I don't get your point here at all.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I have never "been shown" such to be true.
I'll have to assume this has been discussed before, based on Fiyero's post... and I will also assume some good evidence/debate was given to you, which you willfully ignored. But to keep it sweet and simple, that isn't the original language and is vague enough to be interpreted many ways - even if we're going with your chosen translation. Show me how it specifically speaks of lesbianism, otherwise the passage only means what you want it to mean (and what I, in turn, want it to mean).

Done, done, and done.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:16 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I'll have to assume this has been discussed before, based on Fiyero's post... and I will also assume some good evidence/debate was given to you, which you willfully ignored. But to keep it sweet and simple, that isn't the original language and is vague enough to be interpreted many ways - even if we're going with your chosen translation. Show me how it specifically speaks of lesbianism, otherwise the passage only means what you want it to mean (and what I, in turn, want it to mean).

Done, done, and done.
Why don't you define "lesbian" - so that we both have a frame of reference?

Old 01-14-2013, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The Bible instucts them to spread the Gospel. It is what it is. The world is becoming increasingly hostile towards Christians, and now we have reached a point where they are being told to not even talk about their faith. Ironically the very same people who attack Christians also demand that they be married in Christian churches.
Why would anti-Christians want to be married in a Christian church? That makes no sense whatsoever.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Why don't you define "lesbian" - so that we both have a frame of reference?
I dunno, two humans with vaginas who have intimate relations with one another (and not with men)? How would you define it?

Old 01-14-2013, 12:27 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I dunno, two humans with vaginas who have intimate relations with one another (and not with men)? How would you define it?
Romans 1:26

- "Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones".

Old 01-14-2013, 12:34 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,647,340 times
How did he "know" they were lesbians? Do his customers all need to declare their sexual preference when ordering off the menu?

Old 01-14-2013, 12:55 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Oh, I get it!

Must be nice to know that you don't have to examine your own actions or views because you already know you're right and other people are wrong.
Never said I was right. But I do know I'm not an idiot and I do know an idiot when I see one.

Top hot topics have always been religion and politics. Religion is far more personal and sensitive than politics. I guess that would be due to the fact that those who have a strong relationship with their religion keep in amongst themselves, and that is where it should stay. But when someone wants to step outside their like minded thinking congregation and tries to imposes their beliefs on me to tell me that I'm not living my life according to God, well..........I'm going to react. Who are they to pass judgement on how I live?? If I'm not hurting anyone, live honest, take care of myself, do what I believe is the right thing, then I don't need anyone getting into my life.

I don't want people knocking on my door to "save" me. The Catholic religion was redesigned to suit itself, not the people. There was no message from God to redesign it, the Church did so to suit itself. I went to a born again Christian service. The "priest" put his hands on my head and asked me if I felt that I wanted to speak in tongues (???). Told him no, and I was told it would come in due time. I didn't stick around to see if any snakes would be pulled out of the bag.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Romans 1:26

- "Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones".
As I said, the language is vague enough to where it could be interpreted a number of ways... you obviously think that means "they started doing other women," whereas I don't see that at all. Not only could the word "lusts" mean many things (I lust after cupcakes, for example ), but unnatural relations don't necessarily have to be with other women. Many acts can be considered unnatural, even those occurring between a man and woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies