Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2013, 01:55 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,412,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
This thread amounts to an overt exercise in liberal obtusity. Just take a look around and see who is defending the actions of those idiots in Michigan. Its obvious that liberals find no fault therein.....in fact....the second post of the thread blamed the 1% for the ills of society. That's why liberal credibility is non-existent. They simply don't live in any place remotely resembling reality.
Actually, RWNJs live in the past, completely. They have no real basis for their arguments in re food stamps and public assistance. Actually, seems that this thread is an exercise in far right wing fake outrage and conservative RWNJ obtusity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2013, 01:56 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
When the "race card" is applicable, then of course it is going to be raised. Anyone with any common sense can read through these posts and know exactly who the posters are referring to when they reference old stereotypes such as women having children in order to get public assistance, people having Iphones but needing public assistance, and able-bodied people who could work but won't work.

I'm not saying that I BELIEVE that the majority of people on food stamps are minorities who are not deserving; I'm saying that the sort of RWNJs here to oppose food stamps base their outrage on those stereotypes........and that seems to me to be racism.
No one DESERVES welfare! Get that straight. Welfare is given through the good graces of the American people to take care of those who are unable. But gracious Americans are being abused and the lazy are getting a free ride too.

If we could get the lazy off the dole then the good gracious Americans would not mind a bit even if some of that money was divvied up and given to the people who are truly in need.

As for mommy's popping out babies. A lot of those kids are taught to stay on the dole. Many are educated in the attitude of "we are owed". Maybe the kids should be taken off the mother because she surely is not teaching good morals and ethics. We are taking care of them anyway so why not take them to live with people can teach them good morals, good work ethics and give them a chance. That would really be taking care of them.

Old 01-13-2013, 01:57 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I can't speak for everyone, but most people I talk to realize that there are more white people on food stamps than there are minorities on food stamps.

Just sayin'.

The thorn in MY side is that our government seems to encourage people to get on the dole, so to speak, and to STAY on the dole. I don't care what color they are. My own sister in law (who is white as a white cotton sheet by the way) rode out her two YEARS of unemployment without a shred of guilt or any sort of burning urge to go look for work. Funny how the very minute her benefits ran out, she got a job and has had one ever since.
I have a family member like that also. Unemployment handouts and the many extensions allowed him to vacation a number of times on Florida beaches. He very much enjoyed the free ride, but like your sister in law, once the government stopped sending the free money, he got a nice job. He misses those nice lengthy vacations however.

Old 01-13-2013, 01:59 PM

3,406 posts, read 3,452,473 times
Quote:
When the "race card" is applicable, then of course it is going to be raised. Anyone with any common sense can read through these posts and know exactly who the posters are referring to when they reference old stereotypes such as women having children in order to get public assistance, people having Iphones but needing public assistance, and able-bodied people who could work but won't work.

I'm not saying that I BELIEVE that the majority of people on food stamps are minorities who are not deserving; I'm saying that the sort of RWNJs here to oppose food stamps base their outrage on those stereotypes........and that seems to me to be racism.
This RWNJ is not racist! I beleive non profit food shelters, food banks, churches, and programs like meals on wheels do a better job for less $ than the big federal govt when it comes to feeding the hungry! Whats racist about that! Not all hungry are black and minorites! Based on ebt lists theres as much or more signed up white than black anyways! So feel free to call me a nut job but i got alot more compassion for the hungry than a lib like you. I dont want to just keep feeding the hungry. I want to get that same person to the point where they can pay for thier own meal! Thats the difference between me and you! You seem to want to feed them forever!

Old 01-13-2013, 02:01 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times
Quote:
Actually, RWNJs live in the past, completely. They have no real basis for their arguments in re food stamps and public assistance. Actually, seems that this thread is an exercise in far right wing fake outrage and conservative RWNJ obtusity.
Actually in the past, many fewer people were living on government handouts but today that number is very high and growing very fast. Even college students get government handouts like food stamps. Imagine!!

New types of disabilities are being added faster than you can count them, now one doesn't have to be disabled at all to live off welfare and in Section 8 and on food stamps. One can have two perfectly working arms and two good legs and an IQ over 70 and can qualify for welfare handouts.

Life on welfare is so great that more people on welfare handouts are having kids than working taxpaying couples in many cities. If you can't realize that's unstatinable, you can't realize much of anything.

Old 01-13-2013, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
EXCEPT work for a living. If they're working then they would be at work not rioting over housing vouchers.

Let them live at home with their parents. They want to vote for presidents that are making us like the third world, then they can accept living in multigenerational, multifamily homes.
"EXCEPT work for a living." Show me some proof that ALL people who apply for public assistance are doing so simply because they don't or won't work.

What world do you live in? Do you think everybody has a family they can "live with"? That, IMO, is sadly naive. What about the elderly on food stamps and other public assistance programs? Do you think they can live with "their parents"? And what about the children? They are living with their parents and the only way their parents can provide enough food is with food stamps.

Once again, this post seems to suggest that most people on food stamps are young, able-bodied, folks who are scamming the system. Please give me some facts to back up this notion.

Old 01-13-2013, 02:05 PM

The goal here is to make the welfare unsustainable by the working people where we are crushed under the weight of government handouts. This will only bring the people who are able and willing down to the same level as the people who are on the government dole. It's already happening.

And everyone lives poor ever after. (except for Obama and team)

Old 01-13-2013, 02:08 PM

Quote:
"EXCEPT work for a living." Show me some proof that ALL people who apply for public assistance are doing so simply because they don't or won't work.

What world do you live in? Do you think everybody has a family they can "live with"? That, IMO, is sadly naive. What about the elderly on food stamps and other public assistance programs? Do you think they can live with "their parents"? And what about the children? They are living with their parents and the only way their parents can provide enough food is with food stamps.

Once again, this post seems to suggest that most people on food stamps are young, able-bodied, folks who are scamming the system. Please give me some facts to back up this notion.

You are all cowards who hide behind the truly needy. When you try to defend people who are capable but too lazy your run and hide behind the elderly, the wounded, the unhealthy.

And we warned you that the kids will have to come back home to live and you all defended Obama and said you wanted that so you got your wish.

Old 01-13-2013, 02:08 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
Quote:
I have a family member like that also. Unemployment handouts and the many extensions allowed him to vacation a number of times on Florida beaches. He very much enjoyed the free ride, but like your sister in law, once the government stopped sending the free money, he got a nice job. He misses those nice lengthy vacations however.

I am very proud of my 26 year old son.

He is dyslexic and school frustrates him, so he did not attend college. He went into the Army instead. Now, six years and 20 months of combat later, he is getting out of the military with a nice little case of PTSD (which is under control, but he doesn't want to go back into combat).

He met with the placement counselor who assured him that he will qualify for unemployment and a wide array of other government/VA programs and handouts. And yes, he is going to take them up on that educational benefit (going to get his CDL so he can try to find work in the booming oilfield) and unemployment WHILE HE TRANSITIONS.

When they told him how long he would qualify for unemployment, he was shocked and mortified. He told them, "No WAY am I going to be unemployed for anywhere near that amount of time, I don't care if I have to wash dishes or be a trash collector!" He was dead serious. He will work ANYWHERE doing ANYTHING to avoid living on government handouts - and knowing him, I believe him.

Also, this young man has saved nearly $15,000 for just this sort of scenario. Not only that, when he bought a car, he saved up and paid cash for an older model truck. It has dents in it. It's not gorgeous. But it's got low mileage and it gets him from Point A to Point B. So he's basically debt free, has several months' of money saved up, and a plan.

Which is more than I can say for most people. All this at age 26. I don't expect him to have too much trouble finding a job. I'll keep you posted.

Old 01-13-2013, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Actually in the past, many fewer people were living on government handouts but today that number is very high and growing very fast. Even college students get government handouts like food stamps. Imagine!!

New types of disabilities are being added faster than you can count them, now one doesn't have to be disabled at all to live off welfare and in Section 8 and on food stamps. One can have two perfectly working arms and two good legs and an IQ over 70 and can qualify for welfare handouts.

Life on welfare is so great that more people on welfare handouts are having kids than working taxpaying couples in many cities. If you can't realize that's unstatinable, you can't realize much of anything.
We also have more people in this country now than we did in the past, and far, far fewer jobs. We are still coming out of a huge economic downturn.

Show me some proof of "new disabilities" being added and what they are. If this is true, there certainly should be numbers out there. I don't think it's is true at all. I personally know someone who is a judge who determines whether or not people qualify for disability in Florida. Believe me, they do not get disability easily here!

As for life on welfare being great, again, I don't know what world you live in, but the world I have seen, people living on welfare are not living in a paradise.

Has it ever occurred to you that those "working taxpaying couples" are not having children because they DON'T WANT THEM? Yes, the world is changing. Not everyone wants a house full of children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies