Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 10:07 AM

8,628 posts, read 9,132,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Don't be fooled -- Obama has expanded NAFTA and he's encouraging massive illegal immigration -- not because he just happens to prefer foreigners who come here illegally over the American people but because his beloved corporations want cheap labor.

Obama is a globalist. Just like Bill Clinton is.

We can't just keep robbing the fewer and fewer working Americans of all their income to keep the never-employed living a grand lifestyle. It's not sustainable and in many parts of the country, the birth rate is much higher with the food stamp - Medicaid crowd -- the welfare recipients are growing very fast in numbers.
I agree but you still don't get it. Both Bushes are at the very least are as equal in the blame game. As you will notice in the first video I provided, poor Ross is sandwiched between those really at fault and it isn't a one party blame in the least. Make no mistake Ross Perot is absolutely correct.

Giant Sucking Sound - Ross Perot 1992 Presidential Debate.flv - YouTube

Bush Sr. New World Order Speech (rare) - YouTube

George Bush Sr. New World Order Live Speech Sept 11 1991 - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2013, 10:14 AM

3,405 posts, read 3,448,872 times
I wish h ross didnt purposly tank that election. He could have won if he wanted too. If he wasnt threatened. Imagine how things would be different today.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:15 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,717,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
Federal Regulators Admit That Clinton's Mortgage Scam Caused the Economic Crisis...
So says Rush Limbaugh, who of course, knows of such things....

Perhaps he is unaware that the Community Reinvestment Act became law in 1977 to reduce discrimination in lending practices, known as red lining. It has been changed several times, since.
Clinton, like Reagan, was a champion of reducing regulation of the banking industry to allow U.S. commercial banks to compete on a global basis. This made him quite popular with the Republican controlled senate and house.

Bush 2 was also a champion of deregulation. So much went down during the Bush years, regardless of who controlled both chambers and did so because too many were making too much money.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:22 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,680,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
I agree but you still don't get it. Both Bushes are at the very least are as equal in the blame game. As you will notice in the first video I provided, poor Ross is sandwiched between those really at fault and it isn't a one party blame in the least. Make no mistake Ross Perot is absolutely correct.
No --- I'm no Bush fan -- I know they were also globalists -- just like Clintons and Obama.

I just find it amazing how liberals are so gullible that they don't see what is going on. They think Obama really really cares -- and fail to notice his recent expansion of NAFTA and his open borders -- he's meeting with the Mexican government to decide our immigration laws -- that's as globalist as it gets.

Obama has them so very fooled -- his big campaign donors were the same big corporations that he pretends to dislike. And they couldn't see that the big Obama-Pelosi bailout went to banks and big corporations and they mean to destroy the American taxpayer.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:25 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,454,776 times
From the back and forth between the D's and R's here it should become quite obvious that both sides participated in laxing regulations over the years which resulted in a crashed, crippled and debt ridden society.

History repeats itself. We did the exact same thing that led to the Great Depression.
Study the decade of the "Roaring 20's" and you'll see we've been down this path before.

Last edited by HappyTexan; 01-13-2013 at 11:01 AM..

Old 01-13-2013, 10:43 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,932,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
From the back and forth between the D's and R's here it should become quite obvious that both sides participated in laxing regulations over the years which resulted in a crashed, crippled and debt ridden society.

History repeats itself. We did the exact same thing that led to the Great Depression.
Study the decided of the "Roaring 20's" and you'll see we've been down this path before.
Well said and quite true!!

Old 01-13-2013, 10:47 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarasotaBound1 View Post
You are mis-interpreting my comment. I'm not saying that the government should not help. So stop there...

People in general want to help other people and they are willing to contribute up to a certain amount. When a government beurocrat decides that we need to 'help' more, we have issues. Not only is this simply excuses, it's a way to extort money from the massess. Having said that here is how handouts are bad. I grew up on a single bread winner household with 6 of us. We lived on a minimum wage with zero gov help and i have a bachelor and master degrees. Anyone with a strong body telling me they cannot get a job is full of it.

As a society, you either give, take or both. You either produce, consume or both. Clearly, if you only consume, you are taking from someone else because you give nothing in return. Since everyone pays for these benfits, capital (which should be going to produce other things) goes into consumption. Since many do not drop off willingly, part of the work-force loses skills required to produce.

From the individual level, as you see it, it's all good - i care about myself. From the grander higher view of society, you are simply consuming and giving nothing in return. With others out there in need and having a strong body to give back, how can anyone in this form defend handouts?

I've always said it, i'm blessed with having a decent job, but my 2 hands will never stop working, irrespective of what the job is. Let's stop being full of ourselves and think of how me consuming a meal may be taking it from a 3 year old child.
And what makes you think that that "decent job" will last throughout your entire life? Are you not planning to retire ever?

You said: "my 2 hands will never stop working"

Old 01-13-2013, 11:01 AM

3,405 posts, read 3,448,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
And what makes you think that that "decent job" will last throughout your entire life? Are you not planning to retire ever?

You said: "my 2 hands will never stop working"
It means even when he retires he will stay busy doing something. It might not be something he considers a job. Something he enjoys, for pay or not.

Old 01-13-2013, 11:07 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,875,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
No --- I'm no Bush fan -- I know they were also globalists -- just like Clintons and Obama.

I just find it amazing how liberals are so gullible that they don't see what is going on. They think Obama really really cares -- and fail to notice his recent expansion of NAFTA and his open borders -- he's meeting with the Mexican government to decide our immigration laws -- that's as globalist as it gets.

Obama has them so very fooled -- his big campaign donors were the same big corporations that he pretends to dislike. And they couldn't see that the big Obama-Pelosi bailout went to banks and big corporations and they mean to destroy the American taxpayer.
What's going to be interesting over the next year is this:

Between Mexico and Washington is one very large state - Texas. Texans in general are very alarmed by the recent events and rumblings in Washington.

And between the liberal coasts on both sides of our country is a huge swath of mostly rural, and mostly conservative states - many of which are strongly considering legislation, lawsuits, etc against recent and probable rulings, laws, and executive orders emanating from our current administration.

Last night I had a very vivid dream that I looked out one window and saw a raging wildfire bearing down on our town. Out the other window there were hoards of people in the street pushing, yelling, and impeding traffic. Even if someone wanted to get out of town, it was impossible. It was too late.

I don't have to be Freud to figure out what that dream means psychologically.

Old 01-13-2013, 11:13 AM

45,210 posts, read 26,424,445 times
Maybe someone will do a "Redistribution Gone Wild" series.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies