Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 08:46 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,477,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
Cloward and Piven studied Alinski to destroy capitalism with “crisis strategy” overwhelm the system with the “weight of the poor” get everyone on welfare and government assistance and entitlement to collapse. Used strategy to expand voting roles and welfare roles wherever they can, overload the system, increase the tax burden on the middle class, bring capitalism one step closer to destruction. The left keeps pushing these programs when all they have done is tear apart the black families in America and create generational cycles of poverty.

Ah yes...our wonderful Dear Marxist Leader on his way of destroying America!!!! I just luv all this Hope and Change....

Riot Breaks Out At Housing Assistance Event In Metro Detroit « CBS Detroit

While there is no excuse for this behavior, the distribution was poorly planned and badly flawed.

In many other places, they never hand out Section 8 vouchers publicly. There is usually a waiting list years long, and the waiting list is rarely open.

At the rare times the waiting list is open, anyone can apply for a lottery to determine who gets on the waiting list.

No vouchers are handed out and there is no guarantee of getting on the waiting list, hence no fights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2013, 08:47 AM

3,406 posts, read 3,452,473 times
It comes down to pride and work ethic. If you have both and you cant find a job you either get the skills ( school or trades) to get a job or you move to where there are jobs. Only those lacking both pride and work ethic stay on the public dole their whole lives... Assistance is to help you get off if it when it is set up right. You want off because you want to support yourself and your family that is pride. You get off it because you cant sit and collect money that is work ethic. Sadly both are very lacking in alot of our fellow americans now adays and when you dont have either you are lost. Having one buth not the other can be worked with. You can teach pride if you have a work ethic. You can teach a work ethic if you have pride in yourself.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:49 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,349,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
Cloward and Piven studied Alinski to destroy capitalism with “crisis strategy” overwhelm the system with the “weight of the poor” get everyone on welfare and government assistance and entitlement to collapse. Used strategy to expand voting roles and welfare roles wherever they can, overload the system, increase the tax burden on the middle class, bring capitalism one step closer to destruction. The left keeps pushing these programs when all they have done is tear apart the black families in America and create generational cycles of poverty.

Ah yes...our wonderful Dear Marxist Leader on his way of destroying America!!!! I just luv all this Hope and Change....

Riot Breaks Out At Housing Assistance Event In Metro Detroit « CBS Detroit
You do realize that the part of town that was held in is has been kindly and historically referred as Taylortucky for a good reason.....

Old 01-13-2013, 08:50 AM

The rental subsidies provided through these vouchers are a drop in the bucket compared with the vast subsidy Michigan renters and their landlords have been giving homeowners ever since Proposal A was approved in 1994.

Proposal A created an 18-mill 'nonhomestead tax' on rental property, which amounts to about $1,500 per year on a typical rental house, thereby subsidizing homeowners by about the same amount. But the Legislature also created a nonhomestead tax in case Proposal A had been rejected by voters, so the people did not vote to create a nonhomestead tax.

So if you're a homeowner, you're already getting a generous subsidy, and you didn't even have to wait in line to get it.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:50 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,572,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
It comes down to pride and work ethic. If you have both and you cant find a job you either get the skills ( school or trades) to get a job or you move to where there are jobs. Only those lacking both pride and work ethic stay on the public dole their whole lives... Assistance is to help you get off if it when it is set up right. You want off because you want to support yourself and your family that is pride. You get off it because you cant sit and collect money that is work ethic. Sadly both are very lacking in alot of our fellow americans now adays and when you dont have either you are lost. Having one buth not the other can be worked with. You can teach pride if you have a work ethic. You can teach a work ethic if you have pride in yourself.
If it were that easy, more people would do it.

Lest you are assuming certain people are inherently lazier than others (which it sounds like to me).

Old 01-13-2013, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
You do realize that the part of town that was held in is has been kindly and historically referred as Taylortucky for a good reason.....

Lets see if you know why its called that.

I gre up in metro detroit and know the answer. Lets see if you do.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post

What if you can't afford school?

Old 01-13-2013, 08:53 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,369,489 times
If I had time to search the forum I bet I could go back a few years and find the exact same story over and over again. Gvt announces they are handing out HUD vouchers and a whole slew of people show up and there is chaos. It would seem that the gvt would see a trend here, is our gvt stupid? Do not answer that I already know they are.

And they say the same thing "we are working on finding a better solution blah blah" ad nausem. Could it be the gvt does not want a solution? stories like this is free publicity on the theme " look how great the needs of the poor are they will disespect, fight, and injure people just to get a HUD voucher".

If I have my facts straight the people who showed up have already applied for the voucher or in some of the cases I have read showed up for the application. Lets just say they have applied why is not the gvt just going over the apps and see which family has the greatest need? Why all this played out drama of making people show up. I say agenda of look how we help the poor and it is not enough.

I mean really people I am not educated and I could solve this problem in 20 minutes.Example, make a anouncement if your last name begins with a AB or C show up on this day, etc, etc. Of course it would have to be clear that it is not first come first serve basis. See how easy that was? this is not rocket science. And that is just 1 of my ideas, dam no wonder I am not in gvt

Old 01-13-2013, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
If it were that easy, more people would do it.

Lest you are assuming certain people are inherently lazier than others (which it sounds like to me).
Yes i am. Its how they were raised. I have had plenty of employees over the years who thought all they needed to do was show up, punch in, and sit on the butt. They took offense if you actually asked them to do any work related stuff. We now have a whole generation or 2 of kids filled with alot of "what you going to do for me" instead of "what can i do for you" attitudes.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
What if you can't afford school?
Student loans that big gov will forgive over time if they cant pay it back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies