Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 11:46 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,881,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
His 700 Club has 1 million viewers, are you going to blame the mainstream media for that too, or just Obama? I don't see how his comments are the fault of the left. No one is forcing him to say anything.
Oh, what a convincing argument. 1 out of 310 Americans watches his crap. And don't pull that Obama **** with me, if you were to look into my posting history, none of my rhetoric is inherently against the left, nor Obama.

In this case, I do find it pathetic that the op, has taken the words of one individual and applied them across the board to the entire Christian right.

I'm not shy to point out hypocrisy when I see it, regardless if it came from nutjobs on the right or nutjobs on the left.

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-20-2013 at 04:15 AM..

Old 01-18-2013, 11:55 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,570,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I guess I must have missed that sermon by Jesus, "Honor your wife,........ except if the wench is ugly"

Ugly Wives Ruining Marriages says Pat Robertson - YouTube
The young turk is a joke. They don't dare play the whole clip, just cherry pick and laugh.
Pat is saying women should make an effort to be appealing to their men, or they may find theselves complaining that he doesn't pay any attention to them. Play the whole thing, not cute soundbites, then embellish. This looks like high school giggles. Who watches this stupid show anyway?

Old 01-19-2013, 10:14 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
The young turk is a joke. They don't dare play the whole clip, just cherry pick and laugh.
Pat is saying women should make an effort to be appealing to their men, or they may find theselves complaining that he doesn't pay any attention to them. Play the whole thing, not cute soundbites, then embellish. This looks like high school giggles. Who watches this stupid show anyway?
I suggested this back in post #32......it's more exciting for those against him to blow it out of proportion. He could've very well addressed men in the same way.......wouldn't be logical to get it!!!

Some must follow PR they sure always know when he says something.......

Old 01-20-2013, 04:26 AM

2,468 posts, read 1,920,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I suggested this back in post #32......it's more exciting for those against him to blow it out of proportion. He could've very well addressed men in the same way.......wouldn't be logical to get it!!!

Some must follow PR they sure always know when he says something.......
In light of their recent assault on women's rights and efforts to legitimize rape it just looks bad.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:30 AM

2,468 posts, read 1,920,226 times
I wonder what Republican women think when men representing their party talk like this and other stuff like vaginal probes, rape etc

Old 01-20-2013, 01:26 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,259,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
I wonder what Republican women think when men representing their party talk like this and other stuff like vaginal probes, rape etc
Pat Robertson does not represent the Republican Party.

Is Lady Gaga the spokesperson for the Democratic party? Does anything Lady Gaga says or does represent EVERYBODY who voted for Obama?

Old 01-20-2013, 01:38 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,245,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I guess I must have missed that sermon by Jesus, "Honor your wife,........ except if the wench is ugly"

Ugly Wives Ruining Marriages says Pat Robertson - YouTube
Probably a publicity stunt? He says outlandish things much like Limbaugh, Coulter and other right wing people do just to garner attention and controversy. Just another talking head. The righties suck it up, every drop.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:51 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
In light of their recent assault on women's rights and efforts to legitimize rape it just looks bad.
Oh please, there never was an assualt on womens rights. It was "partial birth abortion" the right was addressing.........what's wrong with ending abortion from happening when a women is in the second trimester, unless lives are in danger.

As far as the rape statement the guy was not wise to say it, but I do believe some doctors stood behind what he said..........you do know most abortions are not those of rape, most are from being irresponsible at having sex.

Some women get rid of babies due to the baby being conceived from an affair.

Old 01-20-2013, 02:01 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,466,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Over and over again the message from conservatives is attempting to marginalized and demonize some group of people. This is not a surprise
Which, of course, is entire unlike the Democrats' message that rich people are greedy, white people keep poor people down, men keep women down, Christians are trying to impose a theocracy on everyone else, conservatives are warmongers, etc. Yeah, liberals do a bang up job of not demonizing or marginalizing people.

Look, what you're describing is a characteristic of human beings. People are predisposed to divide things into "us" vs "them" because it has been bred into them over thousands of generations where quickly identifying friend from foe was key to surviving. Much as it may burst your bubble of self righteousness, it's not a defining facet of conservatives.

Old 01-20-2013, 02:16 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,288,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Oh please, there never was an assualt on womens rights. It was "partial birth abortion" the right was addressing.........what's wrong with ending abortion from happening when a women is in the second trimester, unless lives are in danger.

As far as the rape statement the guy was not wise to say it, but I do believe some doctors stood behind what he said..........you do know most abortions are not those of rape, most are from being irresponsible at having sex.

Some women get rid of babies due to the baby being conceived from an affair.
No such animal; the right made up an emotional button name for a procedure that saves women's lives and managed to get it outlawed. Nice of them. Perhaps next they'll outlaw your brain surgery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies