Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Gun owners, would your register your firearms with the government?
I would never register my firearms regardless of a new law 91 71.09%
Of coarse I would register my firearms under a new law 26 20.31%
I'm not sure what I would do... 11 8.59%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 07:42 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,912,795 times

Advertisements

What about guns you make yourself? Those do not require serial numbers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 07:43 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
What about guns you make yourself? Those do not require serial numbers.

I have a number of firearms that came with no serial numbers on them at all.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:19 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I see you're full of doubts...

Of course, you can refer to it as something other than a registry if that's your preference.

One of my neighbors holds an FFL.

He has to keep all of those 4473s in a binder, available for ATF to come in and inspect whenever they feel like it. And being close to the border, he tells me they've felt like it more frequently in the past few years. Says it's becoming a real hassle and since he only does gun sales as a sidleine business, he's not going to renew it when it expires.

Hey, we both fit that profile, if yer willing to be honest about it.
Well there. you know the FFL KEEPS the 4473 form and that NICS does not get the make model and serial number, but never the less had to go spume gun grabber lies.

I guess at this point it is a safe bet to say you also know it is Illegal for Nics and or brady to store any info for more than a few days on the info they do get.

It is also illegal for BATFE to be inspecting your buddies books more often than once a year unless they have a real NEED.... I'ld say they are just jerkin his chain, unless they actually found something or you Buddy broke the law.

The only other thing it might be is you Buddy is a wanna be BATFE Man and so thinks the 4473 forms he has are a cool registry. Does he often times wears a blue coat with a big yellow set of scales on the back with big yellow letters as BATFE?

I worked behind the counter in a gun store for years and never even heard of BATFE coming into my shop.

So I have assisted sales because it was my job, and I have called NICS a thousand times and I KNOW what NICS wants and what NICS wants is all they want.. They don't beg off more info than what they want.

I filed away 4473 forms. I logged new guns coming in off the UPS Trucks, and I logged guns out to retail buyers..... A few guys I never bothered calling Nics for because I Decided they were not buying any gun in my store period. Some people here tell me I can't do that.. LOL

But it you come in the shop and looked drunk to me or asked about a gun and wanted it with just one bullet you were GONE. So I don't know about all this 'I can't', because i can and I did.

You can go back to eating melba toast now.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I have a number of firearms that came with no serial numbers on them at all.
Yup so do I.... And that speech you gave about the 7 hours thang .. That did remind me that the YUGO Under folder I bought a while back as a down payment on a boat i sold, came unpapered

Why I don't even have a picture of that one myself

Then thinking on it more it turns out not one of my 12ga are papered either, and neither is one of my govt model .45's since it came to me thru the Police . It was a part of a NRA to cops only, and the cops had to buy no less than 3.

At the time the were 3 cops in town and one, the chief didn't want one. That left the other 2 in a fit.

So with out even asking me if I wanted a gun or not they talked the chief into allowing me to be asked at all.

Like 2 puppies on my door step they begged me to buy and said they would buy my 1st box of ammo if I did...

I did.... I am sure I have other guns and some I never ever talk about on line and hardly ever see. These guns have no papers and they have no finger prints either.

The bullets in the mags don't have any finger prints nor doe the mags... That's because these guns belong to bad guys in case the bad guys don't have any guns. A dead bad guy needs a gun and he should have some drugs in his pockets too...

These grabbers make me 'feel' this way see.......

Old 01-25-2013, 08:34 AM

1,137 posts, read 972,037 times
Registration has no demonstrable effect on crime, or the prevention thereof.

Government has no need to know what I own.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:38 AM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The US Constitution allows me every right I need. The US Constitution clearly states, that I do not need a permit to carry a weapon. Any weapon. The US Constitution clearly states, I can carry a weapon at all times. It is my choice to do so, not a controlling government to tell me if I can or cannot. My government is restricted by the US Constitution, to touch my rights to carry, concealed or openly, any weapon.
Will not be infringed upon, is a pretty powerful statement, that empowers the people.
And that applies to everybody, right?

Criminals, the mentally unstable, the violent abuser, the mob, the gangbangers, the domestic terroists, and 14 year olds.

Right?

Old 01-25-2013, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
So it seems that maybe there's an issue with the term "registration"? If the 4473 was a registration then wouldn't one think that the feds would not need to travel to the FFL to view it, that they'd already have it on file like all other "registration" documents?
When I looked into buying a few years ago I asked the FFL about registration and was told "this form stays in our store in a locked filing cabinet and is not sent in to the feds in any way. I was further told that if there came a time where the laws changed and the FFL had to submit all these forms to the feds under some kind of registration push that there'd be a mysterious office fire that unfortunately wiped out all the records. Ooops, sorry 'bout that!
Yeah the 4473 is no registry.... I have never registered any thing that didn't have a instant fee, and after that a fee each year have you?

If there is a crime the BATFE can inspect the books, but usually there needs to have been a crime. Usually the BATFE has to have a ID on the weapon, because with out a ID on the weapon the BATFE would be chasing wild goose tail.

It goes something like weapon is discovered after a crime. At this instant cops and BATFE know the make and model plus have the serial number. Easy see?

The cops / BATFE call the factory and get the jobber that gun was shipped to. Cops/ BATFE call the Jobber, and he tells BATFE /Cops where he sent the gun to, a FFL DEALER.

BATFE /Cops will either call the dealer or go there... If depends on the crime. If the cops think the dealer was involved they just show up.. The BATFE /Cops rattle the books around a while, and if the FFL is the criminal they trash his shop ....

If not they act nice, and go see the first retail buyer.... That buyer better have the gun, or know who does, or have reported it stolen.

NICS does not get the make model and serial number. NICS doesn't even ask. NICS only gets your SS number if you offer it. I would say to not offer it unless you have a name like John Smith, and in that case I would offer it... The last thing you want is to get denied, because of being confused with someone else.

On the other hand like I said if you have a name different enough that your birth date should do it then you don't need to offer a SS number.

At one point there were 2 other guys in NH wit my exact same name, but our ages were off enough the system could not confuse us. At the time I was stunned to find that info out.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:42 AM

Whats scary is that at the time of this post, 23 people actually said they would register their guns if a new law is passed.

WTF is wrong with you people?

Old 01-25-2013, 08:44 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
Whats scary is that at the time of this post, 23 people actually said they would register their guns if a new law is passed.

WTF is wrong with you people?
Could it be that most people outgrow playing Army around 10 years old?

Old 01-25-2013, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I don't see a problem with it. My car is registered, and I'm cool with it.
You do not have a Constitutionally protected right to own a car
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies