Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2013, 04:56 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,667,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Because too many politicians have been terrorizing people about how horrible gun are (when they're not), and have been saying the best solution is to get rid of them all.

They haven't done that with cars. Probably because politcians use cars themselves. While they simply mooch off others (i.e. armed guards, armed neighbors, etc.) to keep them safe and so they think they don't need guns themselves.

The sole purpose of guns is to kill. (yes, yes, some people use them for target practice, but what is the practice for.)

The sole purpose of cars is to get from one place to another. The fact that there are many car accident deaths is an unfortunate result of the fact that it's a primary mode of transportation used by most people nearly every day.

There's a difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 04:57 PM

490 posts, read 651,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You think there are NO laws on guns ? Are you serious ?

Tell me..what new gun law would prevent stuff like this short of confiscation ?
I never said that. Clearly we need to address current gun laws but since you guys ignore that there is a problem it slows down the entire process.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:59 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,619,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilsav View Post
I never said that. Clearly we need to address current gun laws but since you guys ignore that there is a problem it slows down the entire process.
What law would prevent incidents like this ?

What law would prevent a teen from stealing their parents' gun ?

Old 01-20-2013, 05:02 PM

Quote:

Maybe there is no law. Maybe people should not have so many guns in a house filled with children. Or when they have a son with emotional problems. Maybe people should realize that a gun in the house is an ever-present danger, and act accordingly.

Old 01-20-2013, 05:07 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,619,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Maybe there is no law. Maybe people should not have so many guns in a house filled with children. Or when they have a son with emotional problems. Maybe people should realize that a gun in the house is an ever-present danger, and act accordingly.
So this was another case of teen mental illness ? They already know that ?

Old 01-20-2013, 05:09 PM

46,376 posts, read 27,204,962 times
Quote:
The sole purpose of guns is to kill. (yes, yes, some people use them for target practice, but what is the practice for.)
You contradict yourself in the same sentence....I have not shot a single thing in 17 years, however I have about 6 guns.....do a lot of target practice and do not plan on hunting any more. The practice is to get better, you do understand there are long range shooting competitions.....right.....shooting 1000 yard shooting competitions, right?

Quote:
The sole purpose of cars is to get from one place to another. The fact that there are many car accident deaths is an unfortunate result of the fact that it's a primary mode of transportation used by most people nearly every day.

There's a difference.
Wrong, there are cars that can go from 0 - 320 MPH in as little as 6 seconds.....what are these cars needed for....the obviously do not obey the speed limit, they only hold 1 person, and use about 20 gallons of gas in those 6ish seconds....

Old 01-20-2013, 05:10 PM

33,575 posts, read 37,205,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
Democrats are loving this. When the fact of the matter is innocent people are getting killed and democrats don't give a **** they just want to ban all guns.
Bull crap..You know as well as I do that they do not want to ban all guns...Repeat a lie often enough and you begin to believe it yourself.

Old 01-20-2013, 05:11 PM

490 posts, read 651,262 times
Quote:

I tell ya what there are none. There is absolutely nothing that can be done so let's just do nothing and hope it all goes away.

Old 01-20-2013, 05:11 PM

13,609 posts, read 21,420,438 times
Quote:

Well that's weird, every time I shoot at a target I am not thinking " die mother %%%%%% die!" What I am thinking is like any bowler or dart shooter would think, make the best score I can....

Old 01-20-2013, 05:12 PM

Quote:
So this was another case of teen mental illness ? They already know that ?
To me a teen who shoots 5 members of his family to death has emotional problems. And I think, just as with Adam Lanza and most of the other mass killers, evidence will come out that this kid did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies