Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2013, 04:48 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,672,549 times

Advertisements

Oooo...is it possible that was a different event? You have to be so cynical and diabolical to not believe that 27 people weren't killed that you might as well check yourself into a mental ward.
Here this might help ya:

The Insanity Test

Old 01-21-2013, 04:54 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooterposh View Post
This is kind of sick..not enough photos of other people's loss and tradegy...I know some people get off on that kind of thing..didnt know they wrote on CD..but then strange things do appear on CD....
Are you really this daft? Do you honestly think that I was asking about the photos out of morbid curiosity?

Old 01-21-2013, 04:55 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I think about the relentless media coverage of the tragedy in Columbine - the photos of distraught parents, bloody children climbing out of windows, interviews with staff, and students recalling in horrific detail the events of that morning. The aerial shots as the events went down, the videos from inside the school, interviews with family after family after family.

In this digital age, I find it simply amazing that there aren't more photos of groups of students and parents, crowds of people assembling, during the events of that morning.

Anyone else find that odd? And please don't say that our media has developed a sensitivity to the feelings of others. If so, I'd say it was sudden and in complete unison - which is pretty unbelievable.
(smdh)

Old 01-21-2013, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
You're just similar to all the people who claimed that 9-11 events in NYC and DC were all an elaborate government conspiracy, or that the holocaust was a Jewish / liberal conspiracy - people who take a well-documented tragic event and twist it toward their own biased agenda, which is requires way more twisting and turning to believe.
Really? You think it's outlandish or paranoid to ask legitimate, probing questions about current events?

All I can say is that I certainly hope you're not trying to build a career in law enforcement or journalism.

What interests me is that people who question the version that is presented to us by the media and/or the government are so often accused of being kooks, or paranoid. For the record, please note that I did not make ANY accusations.

Let me use a little example of why this rubs me the wrong way.

I am a faithful, honest wife. I share an open, drama-free relationship with my open, honest husband. If I came home from the grocery store one evening and he said, "Wow, you were gone a long time - what happened?" I would not be caught off guard or defensive at all. I'd say, "Oh my gosh, the lines were terrible - is there an ice storm forecast or what?" and that would be it.

However, if I was having an affair, and I had an underlying sense of guilt and paranoia, I'd most likely have a different response - more like, "What - you don't trust me? SHEEZE!"

But - a question of concern, or one of interest? What's the problem? It wouldn't occur to me to get defensive - because I have nothing to hide.

Old 01-21-2013, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Wow... did you ever stop to think they weren't taking photographs because they were worried they were alive...not exactly something to elicit a photo op.

I for one will be happy to point out the obvious.... this is a stupid, paranoid thread, that is the only thing odd to be found. Well that and people actually are stupid enough to believe this crap. I suppose Obama's patsy shot the theater up in Aurora?

It's people like this that should belong on a "too crazy" to own a gun list.
Thanks for inadvertently making a point of what many people are legitimately worried about. I'm sure you didn't mean to do so - but again, thanks anyway.

Old 01-21-2013, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Worse than morbid, really.

I've had to turn away every time they've shown pictures of those beautiful, smiling babies before they were killed; I sure as hell don't need to see pictures post slaughter to know and to understand the horror of what happened.
No one is asking for pictures of murdered children. Please get off your high horse.

Old 01-21-2013, 05:16 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
No one is asking for pictures of murdered children. Please get off your high horse.
Umm yes, well you did. You asked for pictures of bloody children in your opening post.

Sadly, it seems that you didn't enough gory details to satiate your thirst. Have some respect for the victims and their families. Is that really too much to ask? Is everything a conspiracy to you people.

Quote:
I think about the relentless media coverage of the tragedy in Columbine - the photos of distraught parents, bloody children climbing out of windows, interviews with staff, and students recalling in horrific detail the events of that morning. The aerial shots as the events went down, the videos from inside the school, interviews with family after family after family.

In this digital age, I find it simply amazing that there aren't more photos of groups of students and parents, crowds of people assembling, during the events of that morning.

Anyone else find that odd? And please don't say that our media has developed a sensitivity to the feelings of others. If so, I'd say it was sudden and in complete unison - which is pretty unbelievable.

Old 01-21-2013, 05:18 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,184,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
No......what "intelligent" people realize is that, in a crisis situation such as a mass shooting, there is a lot of chaos and confusion. Add to that the rush to be the first media outlet with the "news," and a lot of misinformation is often released.

I don't know why anyone "intelligent" would have a hard time understanding that.

I can remember the morning of September 11, 2001 and what a mass of confusion that was - and really was for many days, weeks, and even months.
Considering the media took more then a week to come up with the "Distraught Dad in the woods" story, I'm not sure how anyone could chalk that up to them reporting in a crisis situation. Were they really still suffering from mass confusion and chaos and trying to be the first to report the news a full week plus after the shooting? They just came out with the "swat officer from neighboring town hunting in the woods directly behind the school" story a few days ago. I won't be surprised when that story changes in a few weeks since it makes absolutely no sense at all.

Old 01-21-2013, 05:21 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,184,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Elvis came into my office today for a flu shot.
Wow, you see Elvis more then anyone. You might be able to win some kind of record for most sightings post death. And who knew that an old southern boy like Elvis would choose such a liberal part of Colorado to settle down in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies