Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2013, 10:11 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,226,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Whatever...people like you are sick. What do you want. Pictures of dead 6 years olds all over the news. Whats wrong with you?
What's wrong with your reading comprehension? Put down the merlot.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:11 PM

90,296 posts, read 121,020,755 times
You wanted similar pictures.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:14 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,578,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
She said those were the pictures at Columbine. She didn't request those photos just more photos.
So what, is she disappointed that more people didn't stop in the midst of the chaos of children being murdered to take candid photos and video for her to flip through at her leisure?

Just sick. Seriously, what is wrong with people? And what IS the point of this thread?

Old 01-21-2013, 10:15 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,054,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
It's much more than the media making mistakes. The live video from the helicopter shows conflicting information from the official story as well as the police radio transmissions. The media is using photo's and video that are not even from the same day or location. The parents interviews conflicts with the official story. Nothing makes sense and no one is trying to explain or answer the questions. This is going viral on the internet and growing with millions of people not believing the official story and they want real answers.
Yes and anyone asking questions are deemed loony tunes by the folks who will believe whatever the guy on the box in front of them says no matter what. It is astounding the ignorance of many. I mean they found two other bombs in the building in Ok city and folks think that if you question that official story you are a lunatic too. I guess they are afraid what the answer might actually be which is their dear government has been lying to them for years about anything and everything.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:16 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,542,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
What's wrong with your reading comprehension? Put down the merlot.
Talk to the

Old 01-21-2013, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Fortunately people don't believe everything they read on the Internet.

I saw that Anderson Cooper video. When ONE person on TV does something, that is NOT a "movement" by "the media." Then you say all this media attention has resulted in more information released, and immediately after that you say the new information is "full of holes." You're never going to be satisfied because a dramatic conspiracy is much more interesting that the ragged truth which is not all tied up in a nice, neat bow for you.
Like I said earlier Cooper magically found the diary of our Ambassador who was murdered in libya too and folks believe that without any questions asked. Cooper is.......well never mind.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:17 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,226,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
No m'am, that is not what I wanted. I was asking about the difference in the NUMBER of photos, and in the type of media coverage, especially considering that even MORE people have the ability to take photos and videos of events as they unfold than they did ten years ago.

There were twelve hundred parents (at LEAST) involved in the Sandy Hook situation, not to mention neighbors, onlookers, media, first responders, etc etc.

Listen, I have personally known TWO sets of people who were involved in horrific accidents, and who told me that even in the midst of chaos and death, they saw people standing on the sidelines holding their phones up recording the events as they unfolded. Is that wrong? Is it right? I'm not judging - just wondering at the lack of photos of SIX HUNDRED kids being led out of class, what surely must have been mobs of parents and onlookers gathered together, etc etc.

I'm not saying I WANT those photos - any more than I WANTED to see people jumping to their deaths on 9/11. But eyewitness accounts, and photos, have become a very common part of these sorts of events - whether we like it or not.

It's oddly lacking in the Sandy Hook scenario. I just want to know why. I'm a curious person.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
You see, I don't think the media is keeping the truth from me. I don't see "the media" as a great monolithic ONE which conspires about what they should tell the public.
Then you will remain blind. The media works for the government nowdays. Once they found out they could get a president elected they have gone off the deep end.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:23 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,578,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
No m'am, that is not what I wanted. I was asking about the difference in the NUMBER of photos, and in the type of media coverage, especially considering that even MORE people have the ability to take photos and videos of events as they unfold than they did ten years ago.

There were twelve hundred parents (at LEAST) involved in the Sandy Hook situation, not to mention neighbors, onlookers, media, first responders, etc etc.

Listen, I have personally known TWO sets of people who were involved in horrific accidents, and who told me that even in the midst of chaos and death, they saw people standing on the sidelines holding their phones up recording the events as they unfolded. Is that wrong? Is it right? I'm not judging - just wondering at the lack of photos of SIX HUNDRED kids being led out of class, what surely must have been mobs of parents and onlookers gathered together, etc etc.

I'm not saying I WANT those photos - any more than I WANTED to see people jumping to their deaths on 9/11. But eyewitness accounts, and photos, have become a very common part of these sorts of events - whether we like it or not.

It's oddly lacking in the Sandy Hook scenario. I just want to know why. I'm a curious person.

What kind of person sits around "wondering" about how many photos are taken in the midst of a mass killing of children?

I think that most people will chalk it up to the overall COMPASSION of the community and the RESPECT that these people had for each other. I know that my first thought would not be to whip out my cell and hit record when I know that countless children are dead or dying.

What is wrong with people? Seriously, is your life that void of meaning that you sit around and "wonder" why more people didn't take picture and videos of grieving parents/children/school staff?

I have never heard of anything so morbid and twisted.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:24 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,352,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
This whole thread is ludicrous. There were pages of photos in the Miami Herald in the immediate aftermath of the shootings. And there were photos of the funerals, as they took place. And then the photos stopped, because there were no more to print.

Primary school students do not carry smartphones. Teachers who are protecting their students while in fear of their own lives do not pull out their smartphones to shoot photos for the insatiably curious public. Parents who are terrified for their young children do not pull out their smartphones as they are frantically trying to find their child(ren). From what I understand, the school was accessed by a single road and that was immediately blocked by local/state police. So, who's left to take the photos that the OP so desperately wants to see??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies