Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 01:33 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,122,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Hmm...let me see. Does it matter whether money earned in the United States is taxed before it is sent overseas?

I'll let you try to answer that one yourself.
Yes why does it matter? They still get taxed regardless through all the various local, state, and federal levels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2013, 02:08 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Here is a tip...when you see that L before a number...that means pound, as in British money?

Why would anyone run a story from England on what migrants are sending home then bash Obama?

Migrant can mean a legal worker.

How is Obama responsible for migrant workers in the UK?
Why should we NOT talk about the problem that exists right here in America? Are liberals that narrow-minded and/or obtuse that they need to see a thread title with $$$$ in order form what they consider a logical point?

Get a grip.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
The government can't tell me how to spend my discretionary income, that is mine... Why should the gov tax remittances? That makes as much sense as taxing wealth.
Actually, the government CAN tell you how to spend your discretionary income. It's called Obamacare.

Oops!

Didn't think about that did you? And just think.....you VOTED for that crap!

Old 01-31-2013, 02:26 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,267,905 times
Quote:
Actually, the government CAN tell you how to spend your discretionary income. It's called Obamacare.

Oops!

Didn't think about that did you? And just think.....you VOTED for that crap!
I didn't forget about it at all. Obamacare doesn't tell me how to spend my money anymore than my taxes do.

Can the government tell me when I can buy a car?
Can the gov tell me how much I can spend on a car?
Can I be told what kind of jacket I buy or how much I spend on the jacket?
What about electronics, food, charity, gyms, make up, music, movies? Can the gov tell me how to spend my money on any of these things? No, they can't.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I didn't forget about it at all. Obamacare doesn't tell me how to spend my money anymore than my taxes do.

Can the government tell me when I can buy a car?
Can the gov tell me how much I can spend on a car?
Can I be told what kind of jacket I buy or how much I spend on the jacket?
What about electronics, food, charity, gyms, make up, music, movies? Can the gov tell me how to spend my money on any of these things? No, they can't.
The government just told you last year that you must buy health insurance. What if you didn't want health insurance? The government just told you it doesn't care what you "want." Your discretionary spending just took a hit via government mandate. And if you don't use your discretionary spending to buy it? The IRS will take it from you anyway through a "tax."

So much for your theory that the government cannot tell you how you can spend your hard-earned cash.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:34 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,481,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
How migrants are sending £335BILLION to their struggling families back home... more than three times the world's total aid budget

This should stop!

[these migrants should be bringing their struggling families and their problems here!!]

Old 01-31-2013, 02:41 PM

1,469 posts, read 1,802,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Whether it's taxed or not, it is money leaving the US system. It's money not spent in the US.
How much ? $2.5 billion as of 5/2012 averaging $350/week is what goes to Mexico alone.

People come here to earn a living but don't spend here except for the basic necessities.

Then I guess United States should open up their borders for the family to come here so the working person doesn't have to send money to support their family and the money will stay in America

Are we now going to get mad for people taking trips overseas, hell they can spend those American dollars right here! There's lots of stuff to see in the good U.S. of A., how dare they make those countries rich and not thinking about the economy!!

Old 01-31-2013, 02:42 PM

2,419 posts, read 2,990,547 times
What I find interesting is that these migrant workers and earn enough to live and still have enough to send back to family. What does that say for the rest of us who earn a lot more and are still in debt?

Old 01-31-2013, 02:43 PM

2,419 posts, read 2,990,547 times
Quote:
The government just told you last year that you must buy health insurance. What if you didn't want health insurance? The government just told you it doesn't care what you "want." Your discretionary spending just took a hit via government mandate.
How do you feel about required automobile insurance?

Old 01-31-2013, 02:43 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,267,905 times
Quote:
The government just told you last year that you must buy health insurance. What if you didn't want health insurance? The government just told you it doesn't care what you "want." Your discretionary spending just took a hit via government mandate. And if you don't use your discretionary spending to buy it? The IRS will take it from you anyway through a "tax."

So much for your theory that the government cannot tell you how you can spend your hard-earned cash.
Well then it is no longer discretionary now is it? What the new law does is give you the option of having healthcare or paying a tax that cannot exceed the price of healthcare. If you did not want to have healthcare then your choice is taken away, but you aren't going to face jail time for failure to pay and the gov still can't tell you what to do with your discretionary income.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies