Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 02:46 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekingcreativity View Post
Then I guess United States should open up their borders for the family to come here so the working person doesn't have to send money to support their family and the money will stay in America

Are we now going to get mad for people taking trips overseas, hell they can spend those American dollars right here! There's lots of stuff to see in the good U.S. of A., how dare they make those countries rich and not thinking about the economy!!
I have no problem with it. This is the America most people want.
Just don't cry when "consumer spending" isn't soaring.
Don't whine about Americans not working because with $2.7 billion leaving the country the immigrants sure aren't having any problems finding jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2013, 02:48 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
How do you feel about required automobile insurance?
Apples and oranges comparison. Especially as it pertains to discretionary income. You are not required to buy a car. Therefore there is no car insurance requirement.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Well then it is no longer discretionary now is it? What the new law does is give you the option of having healthcare or paying a tax that cannot exceed the price of healthcare. If you did not want to have healthcare then your choice is taken away, but you aren't going to face jail time for failure to pay and the gov still can't tell you what to do with your discretionary income.
It took your discretionary income to buy insurance. So, yes, it is discretionary.

And if you don't buy insurance, your discretionary income is reduced by the amount of tax the government levied against you. And if you don't buy insurance the next year? Your discretionary income will again be reduced the amount equal to the tax.

Did you folks really have no idea what you were supporting when Obamacare was being debated? Why would you give the government the right to dictate what you can do with your money?

Old 01-31-2013, 02:56 PM

1,469 posts, read 1,802,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Here is a tip...when you see that L before a number...that means pound, as in British money?

Why would anyone run a story from England on what migrants are sending home then bash Obama?

Migrant can mean a legal worker.

How is Obama responsible for migrant workers in the UK?

You forget, Obama is a Pitous, dictator, world renowned king!! Hell if the aliens on the planet pluto has a shooting or has a high unemployment, it's Obama's fault

Old 01-31-2013, 02:58 PM

Quote:
You forget, Obama is a Pitous, dictator, world renowned king!! Hell if the aliens on the planet pluto has a shooting or has a high unemployment, it's Obama's fault
Is that what they teach in public schools in Fort Worth?

Old 01-31-2013, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Is that what they teach in public schools in Fort Worth?

Goodness, I guess you were never taught sarcasm or that must not exist where you're from

Old 01-31-2013, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Goodness, I guess you were never taught sarcasm or that must not exist where you're from
No, just doing my part in holding liberals' accountable for their worthless ideology.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
No, just doing my part in holding liberals' accountable for their worthless ideology.

So who are the liberals that you speak of?

Old 01-31-2013, 03:08 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,122,688 times
Quote:
Apples and oranges comparison. Especially as it pertains to discretionary income. You are not required to buy a car. Therefore there is no car insurance requirement.
So you like the government spending on mass transit then?

Old 01-31-2013, 03:14 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,267,905 times
Quote:
It took your discretionary income to buy insurance. So, yes, it is discretionary.

And if you don't buy insurance, your discretionary income is reduced by the amount of tax the government levied against you. And if you don't buy insurance the next year? Your discretionary income will again be reduced the amount equal to the tax.

Did you folks really have no idea what you were supporting when Obamacare was being debated? Why would you give the government the right to dictate what you can do with your money?
Why do you assume I had anything to do with the election or congress? I don't even like Obamacare, it won't do anything to address the cost of healthcare.

Obamacare raises everyone's tax liability with some exceptions thrown in, now you can reduce this tax by purchasing healthcare. When your taxes are raised you usually don't have a choice how it is spent or in paying, but discretionary income by definition is the amount of an individual's income that is left for spending, investing or saving after taxes and personal necessities.

I still have control over my discretionary income, I can't see why you wouldn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies