Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2013, 09:55 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
{Originally Posted by BentBow The entire ORIGINAL intent of the Constitution, was the chains on the Centralized Government.
It was not I the Government.... It is We The People.}

You don't know your history very well.

Ok, if you say so, it must be true....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2013, 09:55 PM

1,567 posts, read 3,117,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Try me!
I think I have been and the results aren't promising.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:56 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
I oppose all fiscally liberal organizations like the Tea Party.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:57 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
Let's put it this way. If we didn't live in a welfare nanny police state, where the treasury is liquidated and I can no longer defend and protect myself, I'd be for open borders.
Again, you come across as a radical anarchist to me.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:58 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,785,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancat100 View Post
The entire point of the Constitution was to set up a framework where you WOULD be governed by other men. I think you missed that.
Fundamental error.

The Constitution is set up to provide a framework in which you are governed by LAWS, not by men. It is quite evident that you missed that.

The laws are passed by men, of course... but they are not men themselves.

Think for a while what difference this makes.

(Hint: Ever seen a law change its mind?)

Old 02-03-2013, 09:58 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
What tenet of the TEA Party do you oppose the most?

Edwin Starr- War (Lyrics) - YouTube

I despise....

In the forming of the Ron Paul grassroots organizing, that got labelled the tea party in 2006, we we anything but war mongers such as JFK LBJ, Reagan, Clinton Obama, both Bush's, McCain and Romney, were and are.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:59 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
WE The People.

Read the bill of rights, in the spoken word of the day it was composed and get back to me.
Let's put this **** to bed right now.

When you talk about the "intent" of the founders, you make it clear you really don't understand anything about our history. There was no singular intent or philosophy held by the framers, except for creating some form of effective government. Most people know about the differences between the Federalists and the Anti-Federalists, but even within those two factions were many differing opinions and infighting.

Our Constitution is nothing more than the single best workable compromise that these framers felt could be enacted. To act like there was any single guiding direction from these framers (especially when you're singling out the one philosophy you personally subscribe to) is nonsense of the highest order.

And this concludes tonight's history lesson.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:00 PM

1,567 posts, read 3,117,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Fundamental error.

The Constitution is set up to provide a framework in which you are governed by LAWS, not by men. It is quite evident that you missed that.

The laws are passed by men, of course... but they are not men themselves.

Think for a while what difference this makes.

(Hint: Ever seen a law change its mind?)
Quite right. Thank you.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:00 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,215,344 times
Quote:
Although not a church, Church was held in the house chambers for over a 120 years, from the beginning of this nation. Even before the Capitol as we know it was built. In Philadelphia, that had church in the capitol.
That proves nothing, even my old home town had church in the city hall, all new towns tended to do this. The point I was making is that the TP are merely fronting evangelical's crap and really have no political platform to run on other than Gays, Gunz, God and Abortion. Just look at the laws passed in 2010 and 2011 where they won state elections.

It is OK as even moderate theists reject the stance of the TP. Formed under the guise of taxed enough already was BS. Taxes did not rise and the real reason they formed was b/c horrors of horrors, a black man won the WHITE house. It brought the crazies out of the woodwork and because the GOP sided with these idiots, they signed their own death warrant.

Rove is forming a PAC to oppose the TP so even twits like him realise they made a huge mistake embracing the evangelicals. The GOP's own people are saying they are the party of stupid and we not in the USA see this clearly too.

Personally I think it is too little too late she cried.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:01 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,785,325 times
Interestingly, all the objections (honest ones) I've seen from people who say they object to the TEA party, are either on matters they TEA party has nothing to do with (same-sex "marriage", sometimes misnamed "gay marriage"), or on stands the TEA party has not taken at all.

In other words, nobody has ANY objection to anything the TEA party has actually said or done.

That's quite a record. Clearly, the TEA party is doing a lot right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies