Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 09:40 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
When you think Tea Party, you need to think Ron Paul.
You mean the same Ron Paul who disliked the thought of gay people having equal rights so much that he tried to pass a law preventing the courts from hearing challenges to DOMA?

Yeah, he sounds like an ideal representative for the TEA Party crowd - an angry old bigot who waves around his pocket constitution and screams about freedom and liberty while working to deny freedom and liberty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2013, 09:41 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
This thread all but one of the GAGG platform has been covered. Pretty much this shows that the TP are no more than a front for evangelicals and their sick and archaic worldviews. I guess this pic says it all.

{This Is Not A Church...pic}

Although not a church, Church was held in the house chambers for over a 120 years, from the beginning of this nation. Even before the Capitol as we know it was built. In Philadelphia, that had church in the capitol.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:44 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,134,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
That would be the racist Maxine Waters...
No! It would be the Maxine Waters that takes racist to task!

God bless Mrs. Waters! She has fought tirelessly for the disenfranchised... When she finally leaves the House she will be missed...

Old 02-03-2013, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
You mean the same Ron Paul who disliked the thought of gay people having equal rights so much that he tried to pass a law preventing the courts from hearing challenges to DOMA?

Yeah, he sounds like an ideal representative for the TEA Party crowd - an angry old bigot who waves around his pocket constitution and screams about freedom and liberty while working to deny freedom and liberty.

Yep, keep up with the thread. I already explained that, when I stated more government is not the solution. Get government out of all marriage. The very thing that buys votes. The thing the republicans use to get the heterosexual, God loving vote.

Get them out of all our lives and bedrooms!

How is that for equality.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:48 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Yep, keep up with the thread. I already explained that, when I stated more government is not the solution. Get government out of all marriage. The very thing that buys votes. The thing the republicans use to get the heterosexual, God loving vote.

Get them out of all our lives and bedrooms!

How is that for equality.
If we did away with civil marriage contracts and the legal rights they confer, which would you do first: deport all the foreign born spouses of US citizens, or throw military wives out of base housing and bar them from base commissaries?

Old 02-03-2013, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Facts tell me we have legislative, judicial, and executive branches of a federal government as well as many state and municipal governmental bodies to oversee the governance of the people and that these institutions are composed of people.

You're coming across to me as some sort of radical anarchist.

How many laws can one make, until you start stepping and stomping on the Constitution and individual rights, given to all of us by our creator.

Every law that is created, is a restriction on some individuals freedom and rights. The very rights we have had since the founding of this nation.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
If we did away with civil marriage contracts and the legal rights they confer, which would you do first: deport all the foreign born spouses of US citizens, or throw military wives out of base housing and bar them from base commissaries?

Let's put it this way. If we didn't live in a welfare nanny police state, where the treasury is liquidated and I can no longer defend and protect myself, I'd be for open borders.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:52 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statutory Ape View Post
It is perfectly legal for gay people to marry in all States as long as it is to a person of the opposite sex.
If you're straight, would you love to marry a homosexual? Or if you're a homosexual would you like to marry a homosexual of your opposite sex?

Old 02-03-2013, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancat100 View Post
Have you studied American government or did you miss that course in high school?

Try me!

Old 02-03-2013, 09:54 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
What tenet of the TEA Party do you oppose the most?

Edwin Starr- War (Lyrics) - YouTube

I despise....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies