Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 07:12 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,747,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
The core principles or tenets, of the Tea party movement, are not bound to any political party. Wanting our government to spend tax dollars wisely, holding politicians accountable for their actions, wanting a smaller government which does not unduly interfere into our lives and respects our individual rights and liberties should be universally accepted by all Americans.

The folks who rebel against these basic principles are the ruling elite, the establishment politicians, who use the power and position of their elected office to enrich and empower themselves and their friends and cronies.

That is why both dems and repub establishment types politicians speak out against the Tea party, how dare normal, everyday citizens rise up and hold politicians and bureaucrats accountable. As long as the power elite in government give us a few scraps from their table, we should be silent and acquiescent before them. "Are there no unemployment houses, do we not give them Food Stamps and Welfare?"
Amen!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2013, 10:20 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,920,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Does it make you feel better to slander 50% of the nation, along with using a term that's offensive to intellectually challenged individuals? Grow up, for goodness sakes - you sound pathetic.
LULZ

Old 02-05-2013, 10:32 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,047,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Does it make you feel better to slander 50% of the nation, along with using a term that's offensive to intellectually challenged individuals? Grow up, for goodness sakes - you sound pathetic.
I agree, we shouldn't offend mentally retarded people by comparing them to liberal idiots. I personally apologize for ever using the term *******, I was wrong and I'll never do it again.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:32 PM

30,371 posts, read 51,981,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
LULZ
Okay, so it was a TRIPLE-threat insult...

Old 02-05-2013, 10:49 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,675,784 times
Mostly the boobery.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:52 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,433,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
Why all the hatred for the TEA Party?

Well first of all the phrase "tea bag" came from them, not from the left like they try to claim

Old 02-05-2013, 11:05 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,920,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Well first of all the phrase "tea bag" came from them, not from the left like they try to claim
Ha ha, yes ...the conservatives were too dumb to realize what it originally meant - here's a hilarious look at the terms use by the Tea Party and the fun that ensued in media:

Rise of an Epithet by Jay Nordlinger - National Review Online

Old 02-05-2013, 11:16 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,468,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
I think the *******S project themselves into others, so when they "describe" the TEA party or whoever, it is themselves they really are describing.
I think they have either an unwillingness or inability to grasp the concept that issues have multiple sides. There is their side and then there's the evil/stupid side. Very few liberals I've met are actually mature individuals when it comes to politics. You can find some liberal columnists who have considered opinions, but the general people I meet day to day don't. To them, Republicans are just evil. They can't give you a logical argument on what Republicans are wrong about on the issues, all they can do is hurl insults.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:22 PM

30,371 posts, read 51,981,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
I think they have either an unwillingness or inability to grasp the concept that issues have multiple sides. There is their side and then there's the evil/stupid side. Very few liberals I've met are actually mature individuals when it comes to politics. You can find some liberal columnists who have considered opinions, but the general people I meet day to day don't. To them, Republicans are just evil. They can't give you a logical argument on what Republicans are wrong about on the issues, all they can do is hurl insults.
If the posts from conservatives I've seen here qualify as "mature," I am proud to be the opposite of that.

Or do you think responses like "*******s are idiots" and "they hate everyone" qualify as intelligent responses that consider and respect other opinions? Your post is so full of irony, it's giving me a headache!

Last edited by gizmo980; 02-05-2013 at 11:44 PM..

Old 02-06-2013, 07:31 AM

1,229 posts, read 1,148,639 times
The idea that the government needs to be limited to the size that fits into a bath tub so they can drown it. The idea that Government does not have a place with health care or social programs. The idea that the fat over weight tea baggers are somehow self sufficient because they own a gun but don't know how to do more then unwrap the chocolate ding dongs they buy at the store. Its a myth as big as Jesus walking on water. Never happened. If you don't live on the prairie in a sod hut you built without running water and electric, or in a cabin in the woods you built where you jerk meat you killed then I don't want to hear about your crazy crap and how self reliant you are. Because you are not. Not at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies