Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2013, 11:27 AM

89,033 posts, read 44,853,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
I started around the two year line. Be grateful you started out closer to mid-field. You think egregious neglect has trivial consequences for children? Try learning something about child development.

You try growing up with a strung-out mother who was never available and who dragged you up to the roof so she could shoot up. And who then handed you off to flaming alcoholics. Yeah, that's the ticket.
So, explain to us exactly WHY a higher birth rate is financially incentivized (via a plethora of taxpayer-funded welfare benefits) among the least responsible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2013, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Don't fall for that being the only government user fee for the poor, not the very poor since taxes are not even possible with an effective surplus, but the marginally poor.
The poor pay FAR LESS user fees than anyone else while receiving FAR MORE government benefits.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:31 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,121,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
So, explain to us exactly WHY a higher birth rate is financially incentivized (via a plethora of taxpayer-funded welfare benefits) among the least responsible.
Because that money is to be used for the children. For whatever reason (probably hatred and ignorance) you assume nothing is going towards the kids. I would hate to be you... so angry and so ignorant.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:31 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,469,142 times
Quote:
Yeah, that's ridiculously low.

It is ridiculously low only the private sector is allowed to sell him a home he can afford to buy, thereby allowing him to escape the rent inflation which leaves him effectively poor and broke.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:32 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,371,367 times
Quote:
There are no regressive taxes. Look at the federal, state, and local government spending received by the poor per dollar of taxes they pay...
I see lots of recycled values based on government created monopoly with the 1% receiving the bulk of the net benefits.

For example if the government gave you a contract, is that going to show up on your tax chart? Do the government bailouts on Wall Street show up in the private bonuses? Are all the profits, unadjusted for risk, due to daddy da guberment factored in? May I gamble and win and have da guberment cover my losses? If I win, will free insurance show up on your chart?

Old 02-08-2013, 11:33 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,266,597 times
Quote:
It'll never happen. They're too uninformed and have no motivation whatsoever to change that fact. Sorry.

I should add that they have no motivation to inform themselves because many of them are paying little to no federal income tax, so they don't care one way or the other.

Remember... 47 to 51% of tax-eligible individuals/heads of households pay no federal income tax whatsoever. In their minds, there's no need for change.
How many of these households are students, elderly, or disabled?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Don't fall for that being the only government user fee for the poor, not the very poor since taxes are not even possible with an effective surplus, but the marginally poor.
True story.

Misconceptions and Realities About Who Pays Taxes — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

Old 02-08-2013, 11:35 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,371,367 times
Quote:
The poor pay FAR LESS user fees than anyone else while receiving FAR MORE government benefits.

Define government benefit.

I define benefits as a government service.

For example does a homeless person benefit from government patent protection services?

Old 02-08-2013, 11:36 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,121,492 times
Quote:
No sh*t...... I guess you just want to make the poorer for your own amusement....

Old 02-08-2013, 11:36 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,469,142 times
Quote:

PARENTS pay FAR LESS, childless adults pay a substantial amount, especially when inflated rent lus embedded excessive property taxes are considered.

I'm tired of getting casually lumped in with PARENTS who are egregious resource hogs.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Because that money is to be used for the children. For whatever reason (probably hatred and ignorance) you assume nothing is going towards the kids. I would hate to be you... so angry and so ignorant.
Again... explain to us exactly WHY a higher birth rate is financially incentivized (via a plethora of taxpayer-funded welfare benefits) among the least responsible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies