Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 10:41 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,439,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
The point is that this was their land..
No it wasn't. Where are their deeds that established ownership of property at the time? Where was their established government located?

On the other hand, we can look at this from a liberal point of view. If anything the pilgrims were bringing multiculturalism and diversity to a sickeningly homogeneous society and the "native Americans" were a bunch of Nazis, racists and haters for opposing them. Didn't they know "diversity is strength"? Tell me how your perception of Pilgrims are now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 10:59 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,744,539 times
Quote:
Oh goodness, please. Everyone in California is not ignorant. Do you know all Hispanics? Did they all tell you they want Blacks out? People need to grow up and get it together.

In terms of the past, like I said...they came here and forced their way into being the majority. Stop whining because someone is being truthful about it.

Are you serious?
Most people know about how LA hispanic gangs are waging war against blacks to keep them OUT, and if they don't know about it, they're ignorant. I have relatives in LA who instruct any visitors which neighborhoods to stay away from because of the war between hispanics and blacks.

Live together peacefully and assimilating into American culture as people have in the past? Don't think that's happening anymore. America is no longer a peaceful melting pot.

As far as people forcing their way into being the majority, that is what's happening now to America, and has been since the 1980s.

best,
toodie

Old 02-15-2013, 11:02 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,744,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
What immigration laws the Native Americans had?

They gave us Thanksgiving.

There's a movement to eliminate Thanksgiving because the Pilgrims were "bad." Another generation and they'll probably do it.

best,
toodie

Old 02-15-2013, 11:04 AM

1,137 posts, read 972,562 times
Quote:
Whatever makes you sleep better at night. At the end of the day, it was their land, not the Pilgrims land.
Indians didnt believe in the idea of ownership of the land. In order for something to be stolen, it must first be owned.

You fail miserably.

Old 02-15-2013, 11:08 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,179,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
No it wasn't. Where are their deeds that established ownership of property at the time? Where was their established government located?

On the other hand, we can look at this from a liberal point of view. If anything the pilgrims were bringing multiculturalism and diversity to a sickeningly homogeneous society and the "native Americans" were a bunch of Nazis, racists and haters for opposing them. Didn't they know "diversity is strength"? Tell me how your perception of Pilgrims are now?
Denial, denial, denial. Native Americans populated this region first. The Pilgrims were outsiders who became insiders. Get over it.

I am not a liberal either...and who said Native Americans were homogeneous?

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Are you serious?
Most people know about how LA hispanic gangs are waging war against blacks to keep them OUT, and if they don't know about it, they're ignorant. I have relatives in LA who instruct any visitors which neighborhoods to stay away from because of the war between hispanics and blacks.

Live together peacefully and assimilating into American culture as people have in the past? Don't think that's happening anymore. America is no longer a peaceful melting pot.

As far as people forcing their way into being the majority, that is what's happening now to America, and has been since the 1980s.

best,
toodie
Because all of LA is made of Hispanic gangs waging war against "blacks." Yea ok.

Try learning from the past. I know that difficult for some of you, but it could actually work if people would put in the effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
Indians didnt believe in the idea of ownership of the land. In order for something to be stolen, it must first be owned.

You fail miserably.
More denial. Native Americans populated this region first. The Pilgrims were outsiders who became insiders.

You fail miserably and need to get over it.

Old 02-15-2013, 11:09 AM

1,075 posts, read 1,773,178 times
Hard to produce a passport when, at the time, such a thing did not exist. The only "papers" the Mayflower Pilgrims might have had would be a colonial charter from the British government.

I suppose some sort of sensitivity training may be appropriate for USDA employees, since many meat processing plants and other agricultural sites are manned largely by immigrants, both legal and illegal. However, the style and substance of this guy's video in just plain wacky. Can't blame Obama for this, though, as this kind of nonsense has been in gov't for quite some time.

Old 02-15-2013, 11:12 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:
Well, it's true...

I want you to say that American was founded by outsiders – say that – who are today’s insiders, who are very nervous about today’s outsiders. I want you to say, ‘The pilgrims were illegal aliens.’ Say, ‘The pilgrims never gave their passports to the Indians.’” Betances also asked the audience, “Give me a bam,” after these statements, to which the audience replied in unison.

BAM!
LOL more reason for America to have a firm immigration policy with ironclad controls.

Old 02-15-2013, 11:14 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,179,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
LOL more reason for America to have a firm immigration policy with ironclad controls.
Well, it should. They need to act instead of talking. Republicans and Democrats will bicker about the current situation all day...but up to now, who has really done much?

Old 02-15-2013, 11:14 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
More of Obama's government waste of taxpayer money. How does this help the American people?
All these "emerging majorities" are going to do is reduced the USA to a larger version of modern day Detroit. Let them indoctrinate the sheeple. One day folks will wake up and all the goodies will be gone and then they'll say, "You know things weren't so bad back......"

Old 02-15-2013, 11:41 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Well, it's true...

I want you to say that American was founded by outsiders – say that – who are today’s insiders, who are very nervous about today’s outsiders. I want you to say, ‘The pilgrims were illegal aliens.’ Say, ‘The pilgrims never gave their passports to the Indians.’” Betances also asked the audience, “Give me a bam,” after these statements, to which the audience replied in unison.

BAM!
I know Betances...and he nails it every time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies