Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 07:26 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,225,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Anyone who makes public speeches is going to eventually have a gaffe and the law of averages says that the more speeches one makes the more gaffes. Bush had loads of them -- so many, that the term "Bushism" was coined. ?
Yep,...Obama's ignorance is BUSH'S FAULT!!!

After eight years of Obama failures the left can always blame Bush,...or find someone else on which to pin the blame.

Anybody but Obama......

Old 02-19-2013, 07:26 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,085,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Yes, I am right.
Sure you are.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:28 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Here we go again. First he said 'Corpse-men' instead of Corpsman, then it was 'Sharpnel' instead of Shrapnel. Now low and behold in a Q & A live Fireside Hangout on Google yesterday with millions of Americans watching across the country, Obama was asked about the republican filibuster of Chuck Hagel. Obama said he was a extraordinary soldier who has two 'Purple Stars'. Good grief.

President Obama Participates in a Fireside Hangout on Google+ - YouTube
In the scheme of things, why does this matter? Is this going to help the economy or strengthen our borders?

Old 02-19-2013, 07:28 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Old Army Soldier's background is not germaine to the topic. The FACT is that Obama,...supposedly the military CIC,...is embarrassing himself with his lack of knowlege regarding the military. Obama is supposedly a great scholar and orator but stumbles over the simple concept of Purple Heart and the pronunciation of "schrapnel" and "corpsmen"?

The military men are laughing at him,...and his ignorance regarding the military doesn't build a lot of confidence in the ranks.
Right. Honestly, I just wish he'd stop TRYING to act like a Commander In Chief. The very notion that he actually holds that title is absurd to me. I was a military dependent when Clinton was in office, and I thought that was bad...little did I know what the future held...

First Bush with his ridiculous "military service" and now this goober. It's depressing.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Old Army Soldier's background is not germaine to the topic. The FACT is that Obama,...supposedly the military CIC,...is embarrassing himself with his lack of knowlege regarding the military. Obama is supposedly a great scholar and orator but stumbles over the simple concept of Purple Heart and the pronunciation of "schrapnel" and "corpsmen"?
Shall we scour every post you've ever made here and pick at your occasional errors of vocabulary, spelling or grammar? I'm sure we can slice, dice, categorize, list and spin them to some similar indictment regarding, oh, your embarrassing predilection for farm animals or obsession with the color of money.

Everyone makes these sorts of mistakes. Only idiots confuse them with "intelligence" or "ignorance."

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11
The military men are laughing at him,...and his ignorance regarding the military doesn't build a lot of confidence in the ranks.
He's the CIC. They'll get over it.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:37 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,431,748 times
Quote:
Obama needs to quit trying to use the military lingo, and stick to something he knows,.....like trashing the Constitution.
He called Butte, Colorado "butt-uh" while campaigning there...

Old 02-19-2013, 07:38 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,439,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Sure you are.
Why thank you for finally concurring I am right.

Glad that you finally came to your senses.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Thank you for finally concurring I am right.
Oh, of course I am concurring. The little emoticon with the rolling eyes also means "You are so doggone smart."

Old 02-19-2013, 08:07 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,225,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Shall we scour every post you've ever made here and pick at your occasional errors of vocabulary, spelling or grammar? I'm sure we can slice, dice, categorize, list and spin them to some similar indictment regarding, oh, your embarrassing predilection for farm animals or obsession with the color of money..
Get a clue,....I'm not the president or CIC, and Obama doesn't post on C-D. He's too busy playing golf.

If I were president and were posting here, I'd have an Englich major proof my posts before.

You can't compare an individual to the president of the United States. There is an expected difference in decorum between the two.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Get a clue,....I'm not the president or CIC, and Obama doesn't post on C-D.
No. You're not. That's why nobody is as pathetically idiotic about your trivial **** ups as you are about the President's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies