Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 11:44 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,256,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
They aren't. There's not even a shred of evidence that says that Atheists are anything but overwhelming in their support for Gay Marriage.

Have you ever actually posted a fact? Support your wild claims with SOME kind of evidence...anything really. If you search online, there are no studies or facts which show any real atheist support for the anti-gay bigotry you love to spew.

I bet you'd be hard-pressed to find even a dozen atheists in this country who are actually against Gay marriage (without being completely anti-marriage). There are no arguments against gay marriage that are not based in either bigotry or in primitive religious superstitions like yours.
I agree. 5-10 years ago there may have been atheists against gay marriage, but not so today. A corner has turned the past few years in that nobody with a forward thinking mind period will be against it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2013, 11:59 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Baloney.

The 500 millionth bogus attempt to equate sexual behavior choices that offend our most fundamental sensibilities with race and gender. This "gay" obsession in the sick American culture of today is a fad, alright. An outgrowth of an era very near its end when we had way too much time on our hands.

And, for those so completely lost as to think that opposition to "gay" marriage is "big government", wake up and smell the coffee. It is only because of big government intervention that normal people by the tens of millions sit gagged and straight-jacketed in silence, carefully concealing their utter disgust with the idea of a man having sex with another man. Our culture has become so polluted and our freedom to challenge the decay so restricted by big government collusion with big business that truth and sensibility could get you fired.

Our very freedom to think is desperately gasping for air. But I suppose more and more today are unaffected by that and thus unconcerned.
That's the problem with conservatives. They think they can stop change. Read history and tell me if anyone was successful at stopping change. Black people have gotten rights, women have gotten rights, and much more. You know perfectly well that Biblical prejudices are simply that, and eventually gets left by the wayside, as so many Biblical prejudices have already.

The problem with the gay issue is that it's the current issue, the issue du jour, and you're a conservative in this era and not another. If you had lived back in the 1800s, your big issues would've been blacks and women, and their seeking rights, because conservatives always have to have a group they want to deny rights to. I don't think you right wingers would feel good about yourselves if you couldn't scapegoat somebody.

I don't believe for a second that you have a legitimate reason for wanting to deny rights to gays. What you wrote on your post is a series of irrational statements and emotional outbursts. None of those indicate a reason with any form of legitimacy. Here are the emotional words you used in your post:

obsession
sick
fad
outgrowth
offend
sensibilities
utter disgust
gagged
strait-jacketed
polluted
decay

Old 03-07-2013, 12:03 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,557,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
I agree. 5-10 years ago there may have been atheists against gay marriage, but not so today. A corner has turned the past few years in that nobody with a forward thinking mind period will be against it.
please go to Brighton Beach where there are many atheists who are against this.

Not to mention places like North Korea.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:06 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,557,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
That's the problem with conservatives. They think they can stop change. Read history and tell me if anyone was successful at stopping change. Black people have gotten rights, women have gotten rights, and much more. You know perfectly well that Biblical prejudices are simply that, and eventually gets left by the wayside, as so many Biblical prejudices have already.

The problem with the gay issue is that it's the current issue, the issue du jour, and you're a conservative in this era and not another. If you had lived back in the 1800s, your big issues would've been blacks and women, and their seeking rights, because conservatives always have to have a group they want to deny rights to. I don't think you right wingers would feel good about yourselves if you couldn't scapegoat somebody.

I don't believe for a second that you have a legitimate reason for wanting to deny rights to gays. What you wrote on your post is a series of irrational statements and emotional outbursts. None of those indicate a reason with any form of legitimacy. Here are the emotional words you used in your post:

obsession
sick
fad
outgrowth
offend
sensibilities
utter disgust
gagged
strait-jacketed
polluted
decay
I know (white) people who marched for civil rights for blacks yet are strongly against gay "rights".
please explain to me why (white) people who voted for politicians solely because of true civil rights now are voting against them solely because they support gay "rights".

Old 03-07-2013, 12:51 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
The more you thump the bible, the bigger social conservative you are.
So by your definition, the only real social conservatives are evangelical ministers. Those are the only people I've ever seen thumping a bible and even then it was in the movies.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:55 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:

obsession
sick
fad
outgrowth
offend
sensibilities
utter disgust
gagged
strait-jacketed
polluted
decay
Do you and your ilk have the courage to take credit for all the bad changes?

Old 03-08-2013, 12:58 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times
Quote:

obsession
sick
fad
outgrowth
offend
sensibilities
utter disgust
gagged
strait-jacketed
polluted
decay
Lol!

I see. So using the word fad or outgrowth or sensibilities is an emotional outburst? Somehow I don't think I'd escape that charge by you no matter what words I chose, while challenging the folly that you are programmed to repeat ad infinatum.

I don't deny any rights to "gays", nor have I advocated such. Marriage is an institution for a man and a woman....period. And I have no more right to marry a man than any man befuddled enough to want to.

Most importantly....THERE IS NO RIGHT TO THE APPROVAL OF OTHERS of the way in which we conduct our lives. I repeat....THERE IS NO RIGHT TO THE APPROVAL OF OTHERS - in the Constitution - or in any sane perspective on human relationships and life itself.

No rights are being denied.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies