Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 07:11 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrimol View Post
So what you are saying is that the process of government intervention has no lasting affects? The policies that have been enacted for the last several years in the housing market have no ramification on the current state and future state of the housing market? Have you ever heard of the term time lags?

If you really believe this, then the argument that securities backed-mortgages and low-income mortgages caused the housing crisis to begin with is false, because well, they started lending a long time before things got sour.

You do realize that we (our federal government and central banks) are still implementing the same policies, right? It is worth discussing, otherwise, why did you even come on this thread? Was it to brag about your artificially inflated real estate business in South Florida?
I don't agree the housing market is artificially inflated in Florida, and your three year old article did nothing to support that view.

Old 02-27-2013, 08:55 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
After our governor raised taxes, I don't think people are dying to get into Illinois.

I have friends in Aurora, and they are trying to leave.

Old 02-27-2013, 08:56 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Too bad it hasn't gone anywhere in the past couple of years.

it has gone nothing but up since I bought all mine at less than $300 an ounce.

Old 02-27-2013, 08:58 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Bernanke: Housing Market Has Hit Bottom, Is Recovering | Fox Business

He said that house prices had crept up over the last year, and that there had been significant improvement in new housing construction.

Mr. Bernanke said the numbers of foreclosures, while still too high, are declining as were the number of homeowners who are underwater, a term meaning they owe more on their mortgages than their homes are now worth.

He said the continuing improvement in the housing market would have a positive impact on the employment picture, both by directly creating more jobs in home construction and factories that make home goods, and also indirectly by improving peoples' sense of wealth
The same Bernanke that has the printing presses going full steam propping up the stock market making the rich richer and making your money drop in value. Are you referencing that Bernanke?

You people still don't get it do you lol

Old 02-27-2013, 09:02 PM

22,665 posts, read 24,614,838 times
This has little to nothing to do with true improvement in the economy.

Cheap money is pumped into the economy, investors have no choice but the stink-market, bubbles are forming yet again in the housing market..........just more stupidity for The United States Of Idiocracy.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:27 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,473,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
the more that gold goes up the happier I get. if gold would go past 3k an ounce, i could retire tomorrow.

I continue to be fascinated by the idea that people can acquire wealth without actually producing anything.

Old 02-28-2013, 05:13 AM

524 posts, read 400,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
This has little to nothing to do with true improvement in the economy.

Cheap money is pumped into the economy, investors have no choice but the stink-market, bubbles are forming yet again in the housing market..........just more stupidity for The United States Of Idiocracy.
I think it has everything to do with the improvement in our economy. The Government has been doing nothing but intervening in our so-called free market. You are spot on regarding the devaluing of our currency by the Federal Reserve, which in return we get hyperinflation. The Government has been doing nothing but pumping money into various markets so that they can keep from going under. This affects all areas, all bubbles, all things that are supposed to be financial sound and sovereign.

If you don't believe that everything is interconnected, then tell me how did the Global Financial Crisis happen??

Old 02-28-2013, 05:28 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,943,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
I continue to be fascinated by the idea that people can acquire wealth without actually producing anything.
What do you think the majority on Wall Street do? They are simply money changes and manipulators. Nothing more than middle men. The majority produce nothing yet earn significantly more than doctors, engineers, scientists, etc.

This is what happens when you worship a piece of paper that a private entity prints non-stop.

Old 02-28-2013, 05:30 AM

524 posts, read 400,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
What do you think the majority on Wall Street do? They are simply money changes and manipulators. Nothing more than middle men. The majority produce nothing yet earn significantly more than doctors, engineers, scientists, etc.

This is what happens when you worship a piece of paper that a private entity prints non-stop.
That's kinda what he was talking about. I do not believe his statement was specifically toward and only about the housing market.

Old 02-28-2013, 05:39 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,943,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Banks are navigating new government regulations that have crimped some old sources of revenue, like issuing credit cards to students. The banks have also said that complying with the new regulations is costing them more money.

Poor banksters.

JPMorgan Chase, as well as Goldman Sachs/sux is cutting 17,000 jobs in the next two years

JPMorgan Chase To Cut 17,000 Jobs Over The Next 2 Years - Careers Articles

The move could signal a new direction for staffing: JPMorgan already shed about 1,200 jobs in 2012, after adding jobs in 2011 and 2010.

Bank of America, Citigroup, Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs all trimmed jobs in 2012. Morgan Stanley's current round of job cuts has focused on senior ranks and investment bankers. Bank of America has also said it needs fewer people to work through problem mortgages, .....

Shares of New York-based JPMorgan Chase & Co. ended Tuesday down 10 cents at $47.60.
LOL, I sold my GM dividend reinvestment stock ten yrs ago for triple that.

Bernankes doing damage control.
On a positive note, karma is being returned to investment banks
I hope so! I have family and friends that work on Wall Street and they tell me they are not really bringing in new employees-it is almost a dying business in many ways. My friend that is not as established works long, long hours and is threatened with job cuts everyday. I could NEVER do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies