Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 06:27 PM

524 posts, read 400,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
DOW is a short list of stocks.

I am sorry that you did not understand the intent of my post.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:32 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrimol View Post
I am sorry that you did not understand the intent of my post.
I am sorry you fail to get your points across. There is a smiley for sarcasm, if that was your intent.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:34 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
ok, so the dow is up, how is gold doing?
Notice how the fed dumps a few months of $85 billion into the market, coincides with the price of gas going past $4 a gallon? The dollar exchange rate s the Euro has plummeted, not sure if it's dropping everywhere or not.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:40 PM

Quote:
I am sorry you fail to get your points across. There is a smiley for sarcasm, if that was your intent.
Sounds like you are a little butt-hurt. Maybe you should actually stick to your own requests and actually respond to the reading material that I provided at your request. You did not address our correspondence earlier regarding government intervention in the housing market, you just want to talk about the DOW and explain it to me as if I haven't a clue what it is, all the while detracting from our main discussion point. Stay on topic.

You asked for a link, I provided you with a link. Heck, a full-blown analysis has just fallen into your lap, you don't have to do anything except click on the link and comprehend.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:41 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Notice how the fed dumps a few months of $85 billion into the market, coincides with the price of gas going past $4 a gallon? The dollar exchange rate s the Euro has plummeted, not sure if it's dropping everywhere or not.

the more that gold goes up the happier I get. if gold would go past 3k an ounce, i could retire tomorrow.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:48 PM

Quote:
the more that gold goes up the happier I get. if gold would go past 3k an ounce, i could retire tomorrow.

Can we be friends??? Just kidding.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrimol View Post
Sounds like you are a little butt-hurt. Maybe you should actually stick to your own requests and actually respond to the reading material that I provided at your request. You did not address our correspondence earlier regarding government intervention in the housing market, you just want to talk about the DOW and explain it to me as if I haven't a clue what it is, all the while detracting from our main discussion point. Stay on topic.

You asked for a link, I provided you with a link. Heck, a full-blown analysis has just fallen into your lap, you don't have to do anything except click on the link and comprehend.
I am sorry but I have no interest in discussing a situation from three years ago, because it has no bearing to what we are discussing here.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Too bad it hasn't gone anywhere in the past couple of years.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:02 PM

Quote:
I am sorry but I have no interest in discussing a situation from three years ago, because it has no bearing to what we are discussing here.
So what you are saying is that the process of government intervention has no lasting affects? The policies that have been enacted for the last several years in the housing market have no ramification on the current state and future state of the housing market? Have you ever heard of the term time lags?

If you really believe this, then the argument that securities backed-mortgages and low-income mortgages caused the housing crisis to begin with is false, because well, they started lending a long time before things got sour.

You do realize that we (our federal government and central banks) are still implementing the same policies, right? It is worth discussing, otherwise, why did you even come on this thread? Was it to brag about your artificially inflated real estate business in South Florida?

Old 02-27-2013, 07:02 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I haven't seen prices increasing in Chicago. They've remained about the same. Some have dropped slightly. There's not a ton of construction planned, the issue is more of filling the current buildings with tenants. Could mean home improvements though Maybe other cities are starting to see more construction. Haven't traveled much lately, any other posters know?

From his 2nd paragraph I wouldn't say that would signal a recovery. That would just signal things are slowing. But even if things are slowing, and bottom out, what is the plan to increase wages? Inflation has not slowed and gas prices have not slowed, so Americans will still be in the same predicament. Possibly even paying more taxes.

I don't see the improvement in the housing market having much of an impact on the employment picture. I haven't traveled much lately though. Maybe some cities are building a lot of new homes. Either way, a small improvement is still an improvement. I agree with him that it could improve communities though. When people have ownership of a home they take more pride in it. Better care. They're also less likely to leave a place short-term.
After our governor raised taxes, I don't think people are dying to get into Illinois.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies