Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 09:35 AM

524 posts, read 400,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Show me the stats proving South Florida housing market is currently inflated, and then we can discuss.

Go ahead and go off topic. If that is what you really want then you should have stated it a long time ago, better yet, start your own threat about South Florida's housing market. You do realize that we are debating the Housing Market recovery. That does not mean it is specific to the market you live in.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:36 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post
That is only true if you're speaking of just the very recent past. If the biggest homebuilder in, say, Phoenix, or Tulsa, or Chicago, builds six new houses in a month, yes, that's an improvement over the same period last year when they only built two. But next month they might only build three. And those numbers are a drop in the bucket compared to what they were building prior to the recession; perhaps hundreds of houses a month.
Median sales price in Phoenix is up by 47%. Is that good, or bad?

Old 02-28-2013, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrimol View Post
Go ahead and go off topic. If that is what you really want then you should have stated it a long time ago, better yet, start your own threat about South Florida's housing market. You do realize that we are debating the Housing Market recovery. That does not mean it is specific to the market you live in.
It was your own claim, and when I asked you to back it up, your reply is "it's off topic"

I am not interested in game playing.

Final post to you. Enjoy your day.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:39 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,133,458 times
Have any posters here actually witnessed a housing recovery??

So far we have posters from Chicago and Orlando saying no recovery as of yet.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post

I have seen it in South Florida, and I posted the Orlando stats which clearly prove that recovery in under way. The Orlando person's claim is based on her walking around the block, and then declaring there is no recovery because the block didn't look too good. Phoenix median sales price is up by 47%. No recovery? Chicago condo inventory has collapesed. These are good signs, and anyone who ignores them or downplays them probably has other reasons for doing so.

11,998 posts, read 12,943,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post

I have according to market analysis but the housing market in Philadelphia has always been very stable and did not get inflated so wildly during the bubble like many other places. I also bought my house at a very good price and time IMO.

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Quote:
Someone is buying the condos, becuase the inventory is disappearing. Might be a good time a pick up a few and rent them out.
Of course they are selling.. but still at bargain prices, and the numbers are not accurate because they are not moving on the homes.. the house that just sold in my neighborhood, the owner did not pay the morgage for 5 years. Yes, 5 years... He lost his job as a sheet rock installer in 2007 and the home was auctioned off when they put it on the market.. they are trickling the homes onto the market to keep the people bidding higher at auction. Fact.. If they don't sell at auction, then they become an REO , bank owned home and many real estate people are buying them, flipping them usually investing under $5000 for fresh paint, new landscaping and power washing the outside , These homes don't even get on the market along with the ones auctioned off.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:47 AM

Quote:
I have seen it in South Florida, and I posted the Orlando stats which clearly prove that recovery in under way. The Orlando person's claim is based on her walking around the block, and then declaring there is no recovery because the block didn't look too good. Phoenix median sales price is up by 47%. No recovery? Chicago condo inventory has collapesed. These are good signs, and anyone who ignores them or downplays them probably has other reasons for doing so.
I don't live in Orlando.. the number of foreclosures speaks for itself..20 thousand of them ..

Old 02-28-2013, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Of course they are selling.. but still at bargain prices, and the numbers are not accurate because they are not moving on the homes.. the house that just sold in my neighborhood, the owner did not pay the morgage for 5 years. Yes, 5 years... He lost his job as a sheet rock installer in 2007 and the home was auctioned off when they put it on the market.. they are trickling the homes onto the market to keep the people bidding higher at auction. Fact.. If they don't sell at auction, then they become an REO , bank owned home and many real estate people are buying them, flipping them usually investing under $5000 for fresh paint, new landscaping and power washing the outside , These homes don't even get on the market along with the ones auctioned off.
Thanks fore sharing more observations from your block.

Why are the investors investing $5000 on fresh paint and landscaping if they are not going to sell them?

Old 02-28-2013, 09:53 AM

Orlando preforclosure list along with lis pendens or legal action coming.

https://www.google.com/search?source...nkc7AY84&pbx=1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies