Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 05:46 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,514,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
You want to blame one person but the middle class has been getting squeezed for the past 20 years. It is all coming home to roost while the "job creators" continue to hoard their wealth and stagnate this economy. We will thrive together or decline together.
Yawn.

I never said the middle class was in great shape before Obama was Prez.

My point was we were told those programs would help and they didn't.

Job creators can hoard their wealth all they want. It's their right. And it don't hurt anyone. They aint gonna create a job unless the job is necessary. Period. And they are under ZERO obligation to create jobs for the **** of it. The Soviets did that. Didn't work.

People like Mitt Romney and Bill Gates can keep every dime they have and it won't hurt the economy one bit. Matter of fact, they wouldn't have money in the first place had they not done something to improve other people's lives. They have done more for other people than you or me will ever do. But let's make 'em do more. **** 'em. They can afford it.

Maybe we should pass a law that requires everyone to spend every nickel they make on payday. I mean, hoarding money hurts everyone and should be illegal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2013, 05:52 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,514,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
And all that money being printed too...
That doesn't matter.

Money is this magic resource that doesn't obey the laws of economics.

This why we should just print trillions more. It won't lead to inflation. lols.

We should seriously be thanking these corporate "hoarders". If they were spending like people want and all this new money was in the supply we'd be paying $20 for a piece of bread by now.

Thank God for hoarders. They are doing what the feds won't and making life better for everyone. We should be praising them instead of blaming them.

Old 03-02-2013, 05:53 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,463,833 times
Wait a minute! I thought that the recovery that started a month before the elections was unstoppable. I have to find those posts (which also included charts and diagrams)....

Old 03-02-2013, 05:58 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
And all that money being printed too...
That is the money printing. When the middle class uses credit it essentially prints money. Problem is its hard to save when the only way to create money is to go into debt.

Old 03-02-2013, 05:59 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Yawn.

Job creators can hoard their wealth all they want. It's their right. And it don't hurt anyone. They aint gonna create a job unless the job is necessary. Period. And they are under ZERO obligation to create jobs for the **** of it. The Soviets did that. Didn't work.

People like Mitt Romney and Bill Gates can keep every dime they have and it won't hurt the economy one bit. Matter of fact, they wouldn't have money in the first place had they not done something to improve other people's lives. They have done more for other people than you or me will ever do. But let's make 'em do more. **** 'em. They can afford it.

Maybe we should pass a law that requires everyone to spend every nickel they make on payday. I mean, hoarding money hurts everyone and should be illegal.
It is the middle class that keeps this economy going. Our wages have not kept up with inflation; my beef is with corporate greed. Again you talk about one or two people (overly simplistic) and that is not the problem .

Old 03-02-2013, 06:00 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,736,880 times
Quote:
I'm not surprised. Nothing has 'trickled down' to middle class in the past 15 years .

more like trickle up..

Old 03-02-2013, 06:01 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,116,202 times
Quote:
Yawn.

Fine, it that's what you think. But I'm wondering what you'll be saying in the next thread where someone blames Obama for the job market or employee wages...

Old 03-02-2013, 06:02 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times
Quote:
That doesn't matter.

Money is this magic resource that doesn't obey the laws of economics.

This why we should just print trillions more. It won't lead to inflation. lols.

We should seriously be thanking these corporate "hoarders". If they were spending like people want and all this new money was in the supply we'd be paying $20 for a piece of bread by now.

Thank God for hoarders. They are doing what the feds won't and making life better for everyone. We should be praising them instead of blaming them.
The only problem is the middle class borrowed that into existence and they are going to need that cash to pay it back.

Old 03-02-2013, 06:04 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,477,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
#1 According to one brand new survey, 24 percent of all Americans have more credit card debt than money in the bank.

#2 J.C. Penney was once an unstoppable retail powerhouse, but now J.C. Penney has just posted its lowest annual retail sales in more than 20 years...

#3 In the United States today, a new car has become out of reach for most middle class Americans according to the 2013 Car Affordability Study...

#4 The founder of Subway Restaurants, Fred Deluca, says that the recent tax increases are having a noticeable impact on his business...

#5 Many other large restaurant chains are also struggling in this tough economic environment...

Consumer Spending Drought: 16 Signs That The Middle Class Is Running Out Of Money
I wonder if the Subway founder would acknowledge that cutting back on the meat has hurt his sales or the fact that they`ve been busted for not making a footlong sub an actual 12 inches? When you shortchange your customers it`ll come back to bite you.
Blaming their problems on imaginary tax increases?

Old 03-02-2013, 06:07 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
It is the middle class that keeps this economy going. Our wages have not kept up with inflation; my beef is with corporate greed. Again you talk about one or two people (overly simplistic) and that is not the problem .
Corporate greed isn't the reason for inflation (and yes it is high despite what the government says). It's because of the governments insistence that they must feed this greed. The greed alone would be pretty hungry right now if it wasn't for the government constant and non stop feeding it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies