Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2013, 06:54 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times

Advertisements

It appears a new deal so folks with less than 100K will be safeguarded but those with more will have 15% stolen. I'm sure that will have folks lined up to deposit their money back into the banks. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2013, 07:01 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
It appears a new deal so folks with less than 100K will be safeguarded but those with more will have 15% stolen. I'm sure that will have folks lined up to deposit their money back into the banks. lol
Yes, I can't imagine why anyone would leave their money in the banks after this.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:10 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,553,551 times
Default Would Obama Supporters Support a "Cyprus Tax"?

Taxing bank accounts and just seizing the funds? Say on the rich, only, accounts over the insurance limit?

It seems the most fair way to get the rich to pay their fair share. The tax code has too many loop holes and work arounds implemented for political reasons.

As for corporations, the Supreme Court says they are people too, so...why not?

Old 03-18-2013, 07:20 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,864,594 times
I think it is funny when people say fair share... The rich pay their share and many of you as well... Its funny because you don't even pay your own share...

Old 03-18-2013, 07:25 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,130,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergofa View Post
Taxing bank accounts and just seizing the funds? Say on the rich, only, accounts over the insurance limit?

It seems the most fair way to get the rich to pay their fair share. The tax code has too many loop holes and work arounds implemented for political reasons.

As for corporations, the Supreme Court says they are people too, so...why not?

Well, I'm pretty much the polar opposite of an Obama supporter...

But nor am I rich.

I DO havever have over 100K in my savings account (Prepping to buy property) and I would have a SERIOUS PROBLEM with the liberals stealing some of it.

They already have stolen too much!

As to 'the rich paying their fair share'.... THEY ALREADY DO....AND THEN SOME!
MOST PEOPLE don't pay income taxes.... Howabout them!?!?!?!

Old 03-18-2013, 07:51 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,951,112 times
Let's not mince words: Everything you are seeing here are ingredients/pre-cursors to WAR.

Study history and you'll see this will eventually be settled militarily. It may take a few years, but there is no way out of this debt crisis. This is how the Nazis were born and gained power quickly (in fact they are already rising again in Greece).

The more the ECB/Fed/IMF etc. try to plug the leaks, 10 more spring up elsewhere, out of nowhere, with no warning. We can't continue to exist dealing with one emergency after another. Being in a constant state of crisis mode hurts everyone. Something has to give. The Russians now have a serious reason to be angry at the ECB/Cyprus. Syria is right next door. tick-tock... tick-tock...

Old 03-18-2013, 08:09 PM

The whole reason why the Cyprus issue made big news is because it does exactly the OPPOSITE of what banks try to do: instill confidence/safety.

The reason your plan (and Cyprus' plan) will not work is because it takes away any sense of safety from the financial markets. No one will put their money in the bank if there is even the tiniest chance they might lose part of it. They'll just put it in the mattress... or buy gold, land, etc. If everybody pulls out their money at the same time, it's called a Bank Run... go see the movie It's A Wonderful Life. The whole system collapses and we go back to the stone age then.

Old 03-18-2013, 08:10 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,085,613 times
No.

Old 03-18-2013, 08:13 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
I was wondering how along that it would take for someone to compare what happened over there to here. It will never happen, and if it did I figure that there would be alot of bankers who would be killed in the process, since the majority of the American people blame them in the first place for what happened .

Old 03-18-2013, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I was wondering how along that it would take for someone to compare what happened over there to here. It will never happen, and if it did I figure that there would be alot of bankers who would be killed in the process, since the majority of the American people blame them in the first place for what happened .
You're right, it won't happen here, but we will definitely feel the effects of it happening elsewhere. Count on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies