Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2013, 09:02 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
Let's not mince words: Everything you are seeing here are ingredients/pre-cursors to WAR.

Study history and you'll see this will eventually be settled militarily. It may take a few years, but there is no way out of this debt crisis. This is how the Nazis were born and gained power quickly (in fact they are already rising again in Greece).

The more the ECB/Fed/IMF etc. try to plug the leaks, 10 more spring up elsewhere, out of nowhere, with no warning. We can't continue to exist dealing with one emergency after another. Being in a constant state of crisis mode hurts everyone. Something has to give. The Russians now have a serious reason to be angry at the ECB/Cyprus. Syria is right next door. tick-tock... tick-tock...
Russia sending some warships back to the Med. Maybe this is what Obama was whispering he could help Putin out with after the election was over?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2013, 09:09 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
Quote:
You're right, it won't happen here, but we will definitely feel the effects of it happening elsewhere. Count on that.
Basically all that it did was speed the world currency revaluation efforts up even faster.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:15 PM

385 posts, read 615,471 times
Humor break...

Hitler Bails Out Cyprus - YouTube

Old 03-18-2013, 09:23 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times
If I lived in the EU I'd be giving serious consideration to putting my money under my mattress. I'm no financial genius but I could have predicted the bank run. How could they think people would react any other way?

Old 03-18-2013, 09:28 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,910,626 times
If you could have predicted it why didn't you? Or are you just trying to make yourself look better by claiming you had foresight you really didn't have?

BTW my prediction is this tax (which hasn't actually happened yet, remember) never actually gets implimented as the German government is forced to change the terms of the bailout. Personally, I'm giving it a 50-50 but leaning towards bankers in the other troubled states make Merkal back down.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:28 PM

Quote:
You're right, it won't happen here, but we will definitely feel the effects of it happening elsewhere. Count on that.
Yep. Things will only get worse. Governments can get too big - the euro was a terrible idea.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:31 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,788,452 times
Would Obama Supporters Support a "Cyprus Tax"?

Unlikely... because this one taxes them, too. Cyprus is confiscating from ALL savings accounts. Obama supporters usually only tax OTHER people, not themselves ("Soak the Rich!" "Punish the 2%!").

Well, perhaps I should say, the liberals with enough discipline and responsibility to put their money into savings accounts, wouldn't like the so-called "Cyprus tax".

Maybe that cuts down the number of Obama supporters who object, to 1/10 the number I named originally?

Old 03-18-2013, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
If you could have predicted it why didn't you? Or are you just trying to make yourself look better by claiming you had foresight you really didn't have?

BTW my prediction is this tax (which hasn't actually happened yet, remember) never actually gets implimented as the German government is forced to change the terms of the bailout. Personally, I'm giving it a 50-50 but leaning towards bankers in the other troubled states make Merkal back down.
I'm not trying to make myself look better, I'm saying they were idiots. I'm sorry, if I found out they were going to tax me 10% on my savings, just because it's savings, you better believe I'd be at the bank as soon as I could so that I could withdrawal all my money. Any sane person would, which is why they should have predicted the bank run. Why would I want to leave $100 in the bank and end up with $90 when if I get my money out I'd still have $100? They destabilized the Cyprus banking industry, if nothing else.

Old 03-18-2013, 10:21 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,910,626 times
Eurozone asks Cyprus to amend savings levy - Europe - Al Jazeera English

The ECB is already offering to change the terms of the bailout to at least spare people below $130,000 which would have been the max insured amount.

Old 03-18-2013, 10:37 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Redstribition means punishing the rich and taking their money to redistribute to others. The very word is class hatred

It's class hatred but also class jealousy. No matter how much greedy dems steal low life's are low life's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies