Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2018, 03:01 PM

15,534 posts, read 10,507,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
I don't think either one is cool. And we already have problems with folks driving while drunk, now the pro-pot folks want us all to have to deal with driving while stoned?? And don't say that can't cause deaths - I can point you to two families in my area who lost teenaged children to an idiot who was stoned AND drunk and slammed into the car they were riding in, killing 2 of the 4 occupants, all of whom were high school students.
I really wish they wouldn't drive. The boys next door and their friends smoke pot everyday after school. And, everyday they hop in their cars to get home in time for dinner. Their rich ass parents apparently don't give a hoot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2018, 03:02 PM

21,868 posts, read 25,161,984 times
Personally, if I were to use marijuana I wouldn't smoke it. That alleviates much of the ill effect concerns. Probably still not great for you but the tar and stuff isn't a problem if you're not lighting it on fire and inhaling it.

Old 01-10-2018, 03:02 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
Because cigarettes are made out of rat poison, arsenic, tar, butane, lead, etc. Marijuana is just a plant that grows from the earth. Major difference. It does not take rocket science to figure out the answer to that.
1. You can buy organic tobacco.

2. Wait until marijuana is grown by corporate farms and then tell me about additives.

Old 01-10-2018, 03:03 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,792,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
No, I don't get it. You've created a red herring and false narrative and then argued against it. Please stay on topic. Why is smoking cigarettes bad, but smoking pot good? They're both carcinogenic, both stink like crazy and both are terrible for your body. Yet Neo Progs everywhere are advocating for recreational pot smoking and at the same time advocating against cigs.
People have answered your question many times over.

You are the one who is misinformed. There are hundreds of chemicals added to cigarettes that make them dangerously carcinogenic. Pot would be on par with campfires, barbecues, and blackened/charred food, all of which are carcinogenic as well.

Again, you are conflating one with the other simply because they share a single attribute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
1. You can buy organic tobacco.

2. Wait until marijuana is grown by corporate farms and then tell me about additives.
Pot is sold as the natural bud, except to those who can only afford rolled shake. No additives will be needed since the focus is on how well the plant is grown. Tokers know their strains very well, and they would know if the buds were messed with... leaving tainted buds on the shelves. It'll never happen.

Old 01-10-2018, 03:04 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,376,228 times
I identify with the left, and I abhor both marijuana and tobacco. Neither is cool in my book. And while we're at it, I'm not a fan of drinking alcohol either. To be succinct, though, I don't believe that any of the three should be illegal for adults.

Old 01-10-2018, 03:04 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,101,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Why do you want to throw people in a cage for smoking a plant?
Why do you want to mandate that people must bathe their cocker spaniels only on every other Friday?

Old 01-10-2018, 03:05 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,101,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I identify with the left, and I abhor both marijuana and tobacco. Neither is cool in my book. And while we're at it, I'm not a fan of drinking alcohol either. To be succinct, though, I don't believe that any of the three should be illegal.
Just to be clear, you do acknowledge that your position is very much in the minority among your political peers, right?

Old 01-10-2018, 03:06 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,456,284 times
Seems to me every cigarette smoker reek pretty bad. Now, the only time I was around pot smokers was back in college years ago. I don't remember them smelling bad.

Old 01-10-2018, 03:07 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,376,228 times
Quote:
Just to be clear, you do acknowledge that your position is very much in the minority among your political peers, right?
Not in my family. My parents are liberals, my in-laws are liberals, one of my siblings is a liberal, and my kids are liberals, and we abstain from all three practices.

Old 01-10-2018, 03:08 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times
Quote:
Legal pot is a conservative position. Please don’t confuse government conservatism with social conservatism (aka the religious right).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies