Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2013, 03:09 PM

157 posts, read 102,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I like "their kind" a lot more than I like bigots.

I wonder if those bigots are christians.
Usually are.
Not even close to a christian. At least I am up front about who I care to be around...could be worse could be someone that hides their true feelings for people...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TapperCheck View Post
Are you serious ?? REALLY
Very serious yes.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:49 PM

334 posts, read 451,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfTheReich View Post
Very serious yes.

So you are trading one "indoctrination center" for another.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:54 PM

157 posts, read 102,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TapperCheck View Post
So you are trading one "indoctrination center" for another.
Only if they force my hand. I don't want to send my children to religious schools. I am anti religion. But I refuse to let them being brainwashed with homosexual garbage in school. My daughters teacher wrote in her agenda that she told a mexican girl she didn't want to be friend with her because she was mexican and she didn't belong here. I told her it was fine if she didn't want to be friends with her,she could be friend with whoever she wanted...I don't even need to teach my kids things,they naturally act normal and tend to stick with their normal friends...I am sure if they saw homosexuality in public they would ask me about it and I would explain its not normal but just to ignore them. I would rather Home School my kids if it came down to it. Either that or a secular private school.

Old 03-29-2013, 04:00 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,265,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
I'll be heading up to the baxendale compound that is in a secret location. Don't ask me where it is. I've got plenty of dry goods, ammo and VHS tapes of the 1950's shows like leave it to beaver.
Snort.

Old 03-29-2013, 04:14 PM

142 posts, read 120,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Your wrong. Currently if a gay married couples moves to a state that has banned same sex marriage what benefits do they get? None!!
If DOMA goes down then they would maintain their Federal recognition even though the state would not recognize their marriage.
No, I am not wrong. You have simply made a foolish assumption. You see, I was not speaking of same-sex marriages.

Marriage law varies between states, aside from the issue of same-sex marriages. Here's an example:
18 states currently allow first-cousin marriages without restriction. However, some of those states that do not allow such marriages will recognize those performed out of state, in some or all instances. Others do not. This creates a hodge-podge of conflicting marriage law between states and regarding federal recognition of such marriages.

Note that first-cousin marriages are not the only example. Other examples pertain to ages, time since divorced, and so forth.

The point is, our court system has spent over two centuries dealing with marriage laws that differ between states. There is a process for sorting out such conflicts. This contradicts your suggestion that striking down DOMA will suddenly create an unprecedented confusion. That exactly what you claimed right here, when you wrote:

Quote:
Of course a DOMA repeal will change same sex marriage. A legally married gay couple moves to a state that does not recognize their marriage, it would still be recognized by the FEDS. That will certainly create some confusion.
And you're wrong. The courts, as I've said, have long experience sorting out marriage laws which vary by state. There is abundant precedent for dealing with such scenarios. It is simply not the issue you either think it will be, or you want everyone to believe it will be.

Old 03-29-2013, 04:50 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,571,535 times
Since you insist we legalize gay marriage, why would you want to strike down the Defense of Marriage Act? I get that you don't like the definition, so how do you want it defined? Then that can be defended with The Defense of Marriage Act.
I know why, because you refuse to define what marriage is, it's anything anyone says it is, so therefore it means nothing! Let's go back to the Greeks where pederasty was the common way to mentor boys, girls didn't count for much.
The couples made great warriors.
We are taking giant leaps backward and calling this progress.

Quote:
Pederastic couples were also said to be feared by tyrants, because the bond between the friends was stronger than that of obedience to a tyrannical ruler. Plutarch gives as examples the Athenians Harmodius and Aristogeiton. Others, such as Aristotle, claimed that some states encouraged pederasty as a means of population control, by directing love and sexual desire into non-procreative channels, a feature of pederasty later employed by other cultures, such as the Siwan, and perhaps the Melanesian.

The rise of Christianity led to the suppression of pederasty, as it was one of the mainstays of a classical pagan culture which the church fathers saw as an obstacle to their proselytizing. This campaign was rationalized by quotations from the Old Testament, where Leviticus condemned homosexual activities, as well as by appeals to long-standing Israelite tradition.
Qwika - Pederasty

Old 03-29-2013, 05:22 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,221,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Since you insist we legalize gay marriage, why would you want to strike down the Defense of Marriage Act? I get that you don't like the definition, so how do you want it defined? Then that can be defended with The Defense of Marriage Act.
I know why, because you refuse to define what marriage is, it's anything anyone says it is, so therefore it means nothing! Let's go back to the Greeks where pederasty was the common way to mentor boys, girls didn't count for much.
The couples made great warriors.
We are taking giant leaps backward and calling this progress.

Qwika - Pederasty
Pederasty is man and child.
Same sex marriage is two CONSENTING ADULTS.

Marriage should be two consenting, not related, adults.

Old 03-29-2013, 05:47 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,303,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siskiwit View Post
No, I am not wrong. You have simply made a foolish assumption. You see, I was not speaking of same-sex marriages.

Marriage law varies between states, aside from the issue of same-sex marriages. Here's an example:
18 states currently allow first-cousin marriages without restriction. However, some of those states that do not allow such marriages will recognize those performed out of state, in some or all instances. Others do not. This creates a hodge-podge of conflicting marriage law between states and regarding federal recognition of such marriages.

Note that first-cousin marriages are not the only example. Other examples pertain to ages, time since divorced, and so forth.

The point is, our court system has spent over two centuries dealing with marriage laws that differ between states. There is a process for sorting out such conflicts. This contradicts your suggestion that striking down DOMA will suddenly create an unprecedented confusion. That exactly what you claimed right here, when you wrote:

And you're wrong. The courts, as I've said, have long experience sorting out marriage laws which vary by state. There is abundant precedent for dealing with such scenarios. It is simply not the issue you either think it will be, or you want everyone to believe it will be.
I am confused as to what the point is your are trying to make. So answer this;
Assuming the court strikes down DOMA, what do you think it will mean for a legally married same sex couple that moves into a state that has a ban on same sex marriage as far as both State and Fed recognition are concerned?

Old 03-29-2013, 06:04 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,568,864 times
My life will not change but I will enjoy hearing conservatives whine about how America has been destroyed as I have for the past 4 years.

Old 03-29-2013, 06:14 PM

142 posts, read 120,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
I am confused as to what the point is your are trying to make. So answer this;
Assuming the court strikes down DOMA, what do you think it will mean for a legally married same sex couple that moves into a state that has a ban on same sex marriage as far as both State and Fed recognition are concerned?
The exact same thing that it means now for a pair of first-cousins who married in, for example, Florida (where it is allowed) and move to New Hampshire (where it is not allowed and where such out-of-state marriages are not recognized). New Hampshire would not recognize that marriage; the federal government would. Since roughly 1-in-1000 marriages in the United States are between first cousins, and since there are approximately 60 million marriages (2010 Census Bureau estimate), that means there are approximately 60,000 first-cousin marriages in the United States. Considering how common domestic interstate migration is, there are undoubtedly thousands of first-cousin couples right now living in states that do not recognize their outstate marriage.

There is abundant precedence concerning federal recognition of marriages performed in State A but disallowed in State B, where the couple married in State A now resides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies