Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2013, 04:17 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'm not even close to being wrong. Where the hell did you learn that government owning oil companies are a right wing ideology? Come on, back it up by giving me examples.. You'd rather stand here and tell me I'm wrong than admit you're out in left field with this one..
Where did I say it was right wing ideology? I never made such argument. You composed that sentence, not me, so don't try to stuff it in my mouth.

I have said repeatedly that I do not see SA either left or right, because it is a weird mixture of both. It's a monarchy, where government services are financed by natural resources. The nations revenue is owned by a large royal family, which distributes the money to programs such as health care. It could be argued that it is charity, which is touted by the right wing as alternative for tax-payer funded welfare. But is it really charity? Yes, and no. Is the money really theirs? Yes, and no. Monarchies are different creatures because the royal families can declare that the land and everything in it is theirs, and they pretend to be generous enough to give some of it back to the people. To me it is not right wing or left wing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2013, 04:18 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Is the government owned by the Royal family?
The Royal Family IS the government. There are no political parties, there is only the royal family and they control everything.

Old 03-29-2013, 04:21 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Where did I say it was right wing ideology? I never made such argument. You composed that sentence, not me, so don't try to stuff it in my mouth.

I have said repeatedly that I do not see SA either left or right, because it is a weird mixture of both. It's a monarchy, where government services are financed by natural resources. The nations revenue is owned by a large royal family, which distributes the money to programs such as health care. It could be argued that it is charity, which is touted by the right wing as alternative for tax-payer funded welfare. But is it really charity? Yes, and no. Is the money really theirs? Yes, and no. Monarchies are different creatures because the royal families can declare that the land and everything in it is theirs, and they pretend to be generous enough to give some of it back to the people. To me it is not right wing or left wing.
Monarchies are not even close to right wing. The americans fought against a Monarchy in order to win our freedoms from government oppression. To say they arent left wing is completely false.

Old 03-29-2013, 04:24 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Saudi authorities have beheaded a murderer and crucified his body after he killed and raped a Pakistani national.
The kingdom's interior ministry announced the execution, stating that the man had murdered and sodomised another male. Both actions are punishable by death.

'The Yemeni citizen Mohammed Rashad Khairi Hussain killed a Pakistani, Pashteh Sayed Khan, after he committed sodomy with him,' said a statement carried by state news agency SPA.

Hussain was also convicted of robbery and carrying out a series of attacks.
The execution, in the southern city of Jizan, was followed by crucifixion, a punishment used by the ultra-conservative country for serious crimes.

I find many parallels with the ultra-conservative Tea Party/GOP and their harsh take on gays and religious subjects and the ultra-conservatives in Saudi Arabia. I am not saying they are the same but the more right-wing the GOP becomes the more they resemble the Saudi conservatives. Lets hope we don't turn into Saudi Arabia if the Tea Party somehow takes over America..

Saudi Arabia beheads murderer¿ and then CRUCIFIES his body | Mail Online
The TEA party is not a religious organization. A religious conservative zealot of Islam is in no way comparable to a Constitutional conservative in the US. but the left lives off of ignorance, hence your thread.

Old 03-29-2013, 04:29 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,483,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I agree, the teaparty in america is the same as the radical muslims in the middle east. Given the opportunity, I'm sure the teabaggers would love to implement their own kind of jihad on the nation.
Sorry to say but I agree. I think if they had the full reins on power they likely would implement some extreme measures and justify them in the name of public morality. It would take time for that power to go to their heads, but it would eventually get there, I'm quite certain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post

BTW....I thought you lefties LIKED the muslims?
Um...no. Conservative islamic societies are backward and socially regressive.

Old 03-29-2013, 04:31 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,948,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

Having said that, the Unites States used to have death penalty for sodomy, but Jefferson reduced it to castration. Personally I agree with Jefferson and think castration is sufficient.
I'm sure you also agree with Jefferson that powdered wigs, lace trimmed blouses, satin waistcoats and velvet breeches are appropiate attire for a gentlemen; and that slavery is fine and you have a right to have your slaves submit to your sexual desires, and they ought to bear your children.

Old 03-29-2013, 04:31 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,514,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Sorry to say but I agree. I think if they had the full reins on power they likely would implement some extreme measures and justify them in the name of public morality. It would take time for that power to go to their heads, but it would eventually get there, I'm quite certain.
You mean like Obamacare?

Or maybe confiscating privately owned guns?

Old 03-29-2013, 04:32 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
A) Sodomy in their country is illegal and punishable by death.

B) Murder in their nation is illegal and punishable by death.

C) Refrain from both in their nation.

BTW....I thought you lefties LIKED the muslims?
Why would we like Muslims?

If I've got no use for pious Christians and Christianity itself (and i don't), then why would you think that I'd have any use for an offshoot of Christianity (that would be Islam)?

Old 03-29-2013, 04:41 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,948,315 times
Quote:
I guess this puts Saudi Arabia off limits to the gays who travel the world looking for countries that turn a blind eye to the young boy sex trade, huh?
I'm very sure it isn't a fraction of the billion dollar heterosexual sex tourism of straight men roaming the world supporting female child prostitution. I remember a retired friend in Santo Domingo, the Dominican Republic describing how whole towns such as Boca Chica that were turned over to European and North American men looking for pretty and young Senoritas. Not to mention other places like Brazil, Venezuela, the Philippines, Cambodia, Thailand, Colombia, Russia, and so on.

Old 03-29-2013, 04:53 PM

10,029 posts, read 15,675,599 times
Please discuss the original topic, not taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies