Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2013, 03:14 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,228,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Pot, meet kettle
Except we haven't called anyone names or insulted anyone. At least I haven't. I haven't searched through his posts, but I'm guessing he hasn't either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2013, 03:15 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,611,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
I said a large government.

And the left ******* about the size of the U.S miltary.

But they expand it and use it whnever tha can.

The Democrats use the U.S. military far more thsn Republicans. It aint even close.
Well, the Nazi government was all military, which is why it is referred to as "military dictatorship".

PS You can drop the "Democrats this, democrats that" with me, because I really don't care.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:15 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,093,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Monarchies aren't left wing.
The oil is owned by THE GOVERNMENT..

Old 03-29-2013, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
Yeah, that's the original source I found when I stated it was 2.5%. Go back and look, I said it. But your buddy said they didn't have one, and since that source is 4 years old I thought something may have changed.

Either way, 2.5% is minuscule, and it wouldn't support the purchase of oil companies, healthcare, etc.
Thats why they have a 20% corporate tax rate, and a tax rate of 85% for those who want to produce oil..

Do you think income tax is the only tax in society?

once again I ask you, where the hell did you learn that government ownership of the means of production, = right wing?

Old 03-29-2013, 03:17 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,808,411 times
Quote:
The oil is owned by THE GOVERNMENT..

Old 03-29-2013, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Thats why they have a 20% corporate tax rate, and a tax rate of 85% for those who want to produce oil..

Do you think income tax is the only tax in society?
No, but when one says "taxpayers" that generally refers to income tax. Corporations are not people, my friend.

And I guess I'll be the one to come out and say this is irrelevant to whether Saudi Arabia is left or right.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:21 PM

Quote:
No, but when one says "taxpayers" that generally refers to income tax. Corporations are not people, my friend.

And I guess I'll be the one to come out and say this is irrelevant to whether Saudi Arabia is left or right.
So now your argument is that Corporations dont pay taxes..

Then why did they set a tax rate as high as 85% for something which you now claim doesnt exist? Ooh and if the corporations dont pay taxes, then who is paying them?

Old 03-29-2013, 03:23 PM

157 posts, read 102,818 times
Amazing only a liberal can see fault in executing someone who murdered someone else....I love how ME countries deal with criminals. They execute them,chop off hands etc...makes them learn a lesson unlike here in the US where they are coddled,given light sentences,given tv,play time etc and then released back into society unchanged.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
So now your argument is that Corporations dont pay taxes..
What? ... I just... What? Where did you even get that idea from?

No, my argument was all based off wording. You said the taxpayers pay for their healthcare, and I said it's primarily the oil. The corporations pay taxes, but a corporation does not receive medical treatment. It's not a person. When I hear taxpayer, I think of a person. Never said the corporations don't pay.

Seriously, at this point we both agree on the point you're still trying to argue with me about.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:29 PM

Quote:
What? ... I just... What? Where did you even get that idea from?

No, my argument was all based off wording. You said the taxpayers pay for their healthcare, and I said it's primarily the oil. The corporations pay taxes, but a corporation does not receive medical treatment. It's not a person. When I hear taxpayer, I think of a person. Never said the corporations don't pay.

Seriously, at this point we both agree on the point you're still trying to argue with me about.
Funny, when I hear taxpayer, I think of those who pay actually pay taxes, while you somehow exclude the group who pay the highest rate and pretend they dont exist.

Thats pretty odd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies