Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2013, 02:46 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Combining church and state into one, and enforcing the Christian version of Sharia law on American citizens and shoving the Bible down our throats.
What are you being forced to do or not do? Does someone come to your house every day and make you read the Bible? Are you forced to pray 5 times a day?
I can be around religious people or I can stay away and avoid them are you saying they surround you every day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Do you support Gay Marriage?
The last I checked the Tea Party didn't have this on their agenda..... Is gay marriage Constitutional or part of the Constitution?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2013, 02:46 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,514,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
Wonderful, the Saudi Ministry of Health has increased the amount of money spent in the health sector. That does not show the taxpayers are paying for it.

You realize Saudi Arabia's income tax rate is 2.5% right?
So what?

The corporate tax rate is 45% for most businesses.

Capital gains taxes are up to 30%.

And they don't have an income tax.

That 2.5% you are talking about is a tax on net wealth.

Foreign companies that do business in Saudi also pay extra taxes.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:47 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,229,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
What the hell are you talking about? You cant be that dumb

Energy in Saudi Arabia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Two ministries share responsibility for the energy sector: the Ministry of Oil and the Ministry of Water and Electricity

meaning GOVERNMENT

The General Electricity Corporation (GEC) had overall responsibility for the Kingdom's electricity system and had direct responsibility for the provision of electrical supplies to rural areas not then covered by the consolidated companies. The GEC represented the government equity holdings in all the independent electricity generating companies and was a source of finance for those companies' capital requirements

GOVERNMENT owns the oil, and thus it belongs to the people
As I already said, yes the government controls the oil. And that's where the money comes from. Not the taxpayer.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:48 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Thanks for proving me right. The money comes from the government controlled oil, not the taxpayers.

Glad we cleared that up.
Since when did government owned oil companies become a right wing ideology? Maxine Waters, is that you? Suggesting we should socialize the oil companies?

All you did was prove yourself wrong.. Ridiculously dumb...

Old 03-29-2013, 02:49 PM

Quote:
As I already said, yes the government controls the oil. And that's where the money comes from. Not the taxpayer.
Where the hell did you come up with the idea that government controlling oil is a right wing ideology?

Old 03-29-2013, 02:50 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
The weak attempts by the leftist trash here on CD to associate and/or link average American conservatives to murderous religious zealots from other countries is disgusting and shows the low levels that many of you are willing to go to push your unwanted agendas.
Its all they have.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Please don't go to any educated group of people and say that - heck, don't even say that at the GOP headquarters or to Reince Preibus. EVERYONE knows the Saudi Government is right-wing and the greatest proponent of the religious Sharia law.

But I guess plain ignorance of facts even when staring you right in the face is the hallmark of a Tea Partier
Yawn.

Right-wing does not mean Sharia Law. Who was the dumb ass was that made that crap up?

I'm not a Tea Partier ether.

The Saudi government is intrusive and regulates almost every aspect of individuals lives. That makes it big government which is the very definition of the left.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:51 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,229,704 times
Quote:
Since when did government owned oil companies become a right wing ideology? Maxine Waters, is that you? Suggesting we should socialize the oil companies?

All you did was prove yourself wrong.. Ridiculously dumb...
No... I never said the government owning the oil was right wing. I'd LOVE for you to point out where I did such a thing.

The ONLY thing I argued with you was that the Saudi Arabian government did not provide healthcare via the taxpayers. And I was right.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
No... I never said the government owning the oil was right wing. I'd LOVE for you to point out where I did such a thing.

The ONLY thing I argued with you was that the Saudi Arabian government did not provide healthcare via the taxpayers. And I was right.
The taxpayers own the assets, and thus when government sells assets OWNED BY THE CITIZENS, the people are indeed paying for them..

because the discussion we were having is the other poster claiming Saudi Arabia was right wing..

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-29-2013 at 04:58 PM.. Reason: rude

Old 03-29-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Where the hell did you come up with the idea that government controlling oil is a right wing ideology?
When George Bush was president it was right-wing to get the government out of the oil business altogether. Huge tax breaks, no regulation. Let them charge whatever they want. A free for all by the oil companies. Wild Wild West.

Now, we're told that government control of oil is right-wing.

Makes perfect sense.

Kinda like lug nuts on a doughnut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies