Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2013, 02:07 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,073,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I don't understand, how people can be so hugely uninformed and quick to outlaw guns...I guess because it is their agenda regardless, so they make it seem like the guns are the lawless, instead of the people behind the guns, and what is scarey, is, that people actually believe this.

It is all about the victory. They perceive their political opponents to be "pro-gun rights" (we are, as we support ALL civil rights), so they oppose everything we stand for.

They are so, dare I say, Stupid, that they don't realize that their rights are also being taken. The RKBA applies to *******S and DemocRATS just as much as it does to regular Americans, and they will lose rights just as much as their opponents.

Their lack of foresight and long-term, big-picture thinking, precludes them from seeing this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2013, 02:22 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,325,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhemi View Post
Yup, its frightening to see how many people cant grasp the concept that its not the guns, its the people.

This OP is willing to sacrifice freedom and the constitution for security. And the security is actually a false sense of security because they believe its the guns doing the killings.

Personally, anybody who wants to sacrifice freedom for security deserves neither.
I haven't read the whole thread, I hope someone else has pointed this out, but I truly hope it's been said many times and you and others like you just ignore it. Anyway....

The NRA came up with a slogan years ago "Guns don't kill people, people do" somehow the followers of the gun agenda in this country have become convinced that people who believe in stricter laws ACTUALLY believe that GUNS by themselves kill people.

Let me make this perfectly clear NOBODY BELIEVES THAT A GUN BY ITSELF KILLS ANYONE OR ANYTHING.

Okay? Are we good? Now that we got that little bit of stupidity out of the way, let's face the fact that a gun can do FAR more damage than any other sort of weapon and if a murderer wants to kill people they will choose a gun over a rock any day of the week.

Of course, the rock, the knife, the rat poison, it's always going to be there. So we do have a lot about our culture to fix. Tens of thousands of murders a year is a lot for a country supposedly founded on Christian values. So there is a lot of work that needs to be done, but simply regulating the most lethal weapon common to people in our society is a pretty good start.

Old 04-05-2013, 02:26 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,292,547 times
The more the anti-gun wacko's threaten gun control, the more guns and ammo are sold and find their way into the hands of citizens.
So please by all means continue your hysterical rants because America's ability to stand up to their tyranny grows stronger by the day.

Old 04-05-2013, 02:29 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,829,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rob123 View Post
I haven't read the whole thread, I hope someone else has pointed this out, but I truly hope it's been said many times and you and others like you just ignore it. Anyway....

The NRA came up with a slogan years ago "Guns don't kill people, people do" somehow the followers of the gun agenda in this country have become convinced that people who believe in stricter laws ACTUALLY believe that GUNS by themselves kill people.

Let me make this perfectly clear NOBODY BELIEVES THAT A GUN BY ITSELF KILLS ANYONE OR ANYTHING.

Okay? Are we good? Now that we got that little bit of stupidity out of the way, let's face the fact that a gun can do FAR more damage than any other sort of weapon and if a murderer wants to kill people they will choose a gun over a rock any day of the week.

Of course, the rock, the knife, the rat poison, it's always going to be there. So we do have a lot about our culture to fix. Tens of thousands of murders a year is a lot for a country supposedly founded on Christian values. So there is a lot of work that needs to be done, but simply regulating the most lethal weapon common to people in our society is a pretty good start.
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

You can stop attacking my civil rights, for I have not committed a crime. I will not be put into a registry like a sex offender, I will not turn over my property, and I will not stop others from living their live as they see fit because they are different from me.

Old 04-05-2013, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

You can stop attacking my civil rights, for I have not committed a crime. I will not be put into a registry like a sex offender, I will not turn over my property, and I will not stop others from living their live as they see fit because they are different from me.
No need to hit me with the hyberbole of your overused, tired slogans.

We're not talking civil rights. We're talking about stricter laws for a nation that has seen far too many murders, some of them mass murders. What's so offensive about that?

Old 04-05-2013, 02:35 PM

Quote:
No need to hit me with the hyberbole of your overused, tired slogans.

We're not talking civil rights. We're talking about stricter laws for a nation that has seen far too many murders, some of them mass murders. What's so offensive about that?
Because you really are talking about civil rights. You are talking about my right to protect myself and my family. My right to defend my country.

What do you think needs to be changed and I will tell you why your wrong.

Old 04-05-2013, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Because you really are talking about civil rights. You are talking about my right to protect myself and my family. My right to defend my country.

Well that is a tremendous way to open up communication.

Let's start with background checks, why the hell should someone with a violent criminal record NOT be watched closely when buying a weapon of any sort, let alone one that claim the life of another human being?

Let's test the person to make sure that they know how to actually use the gun. Let's make sure that with all the responsible chit chat that people throw out there all the time, that they actually are not ignorant on the proper use and maintenance of the weapon they are about to purchase.

Let's make sure that the guns are easilly traceable. If you are a hunter or a hobbyist then it won't matter if the bullets you use are easilly traced back to you. If you are protecting your home from an intruder then it's going to be traced back to you anyway, so where is the concern.

Is there really any reason for multi shot assault rifles? Nope. Let's make them harder to obtain. If those types of guns are outlawed then it will be easier to find the outlaws who have them.

Now please, I beg of you, tell me how wrong I am. Can't wait.

Old 04-05-2013, 02:48 PM

Oh, and no this has nothing to do with civil rights.

Old 04-05-2013, 02:52 PM

50 posts, read 56,283 times
Quote:

If you want guns just say so, but please lets stop with this insane fantasy that you are actually going to be able to protect your family or defend your country with your little guns.

Shoot, if you pulled your gun out on a fellow like me you'd be in real trouble, real quick, so the best thing you can do is run away quickly.

Thank you.

Old 04-05-2013, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Well that is a tremendous way to open up communication.

Let's start with background checks, why the hell should someone with a violent criminal record NOT be watched closely when buying a weapon of any sort, let alone one that claim the life of another human being?

Let's test the person to make sure that they know how to actually use the gun. Let's make sure that with all the responsible chit chat that people throw out there all the time, that they actually are not ignorant on the proper use and maintenance of the weapon they are about to purchase.

Let's make sure that the guns are easilly traceable. If you are a hunter or a hobbyist then it won't matter if the bullets you use are easilly traced back to you. If you are protecting your home from an intruder then it's going to be traced back to you anyway, so where is the concern.

Is there really any reason for multi shot assault rifles? Nope. Let's make them harder to obtain. If those types of guns are outlawed then it will be easier to find the outlaws who have them.

Now please, I beg of you, tell me how wrong I am. Can't wait.
Universal background checks will not make a difference
1. The majority of crime guns come from straw purchasers or a stolen per the DOJ, this universal background checks wouldn't actually reduce crime.
http://www.nraila.org/media/10883516...olicy-memo.pdf
2. Even those who are denied during current background checks, where the majority of guns are already purchased, are not prosecuted. It is a felony to lie on federal form 4473. In 2010 of the 76k denials from the background check only 62 per prosecuted.
https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/bjs/grants/239272.pdf
3. The only way a universal background check system would work is if every gun is registered to its owners. Canada tried this and it was a complete failure. Why would a system that failed in Canada where they have less than 10 million guns and 35 million people work here where we have an estimated 300 million guns and over 300 million people?
Trudeau calls long-gun registry 'a failure' - Canada - CBC News
4. Criminals do not follow the law and will not participate in background checks and will get guns as outlined in item 1.
https://www.commonsense.com

Test to determine eligibility to vote (an enumerated right like owning a firearm) have already been found to be unconstitutional.

How would you make a gun easily traceable? They already have to have a serial number and micro stamping will not work. All you need is a file of to change a part out to make it meaningless.

"Multi shot assault rifles" are already highly regulated.
National Firearms Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You see the first ammendment is a civil right, the 5th amendment is a civil right, the 14th amendment is a civil right. Guess what, the 2nd amendment is a civil right.

I would love to hear some ore ideas on how to further infringe on my freedoms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies