Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2013, 10:56 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,054,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I think they all should get gun training despite their parents wishes.

As an aside, kids are taught about STD's in schools and can get B.C. in many of them but yet the rate of pregnancies and STD's continue to grow.
Many people live their entire lives without ever laying a hand on a gun.....can't say that about having sex.

Not a good comparison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2013, 10:58 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Many people live their entire lives without ever laying a hand on a gun.....can't say that about having sex.

Not a good comparison.
How can you tell which will be which?

Old 05-02-2013, 11:03 AM

Quote:
We would have the current gun debate.
It would go way beyond that.

We wouldn't have one single drug on the market.....because someone, somewhere, had a bad reaction to it.

Old 05-02-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:
It would go way beyond that.

We wouldn't have one single drug on the market.....because someone, somewhere, had a bad reaction to it.
Basically this is your position. Because some are not responsible or some kids don't listen you want every single parent whether responsible or not bend to your way of thinking, screw their rights as a parent.

Old 05-02-2013, 11:09 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,306,124 times
Default Judge Orders Morning-After Pill Available Without Prescription to Those Younger Than 17

Maybe it has been answered before, but I am too lazy to look at all the previous posts;

How much of the nation is affected by this one judge ruling?

Old 05-02-2013, 11:10 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
LOL...keep deregulating meds. More work for me when they show up in the ED with all the untoward and unexpected effects.
You think people read side-effect profiles?
I think the pill should be available.
I don't think a 15 year old should decide whether or not it's applicable to her situation without professional guidance.
Most of the ones I meet don't even know what STD stands for...I am horrified at the prospect that the one thing that keeps them using condoms is to avert pregnancy. Now that they can pop a pill, how many of them do you think are going to plan to have condoms around?

Old 05-02-2013, 11:15 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Quote:
I am not talking about sexual standards.....I am talking about intelligence.

When I was 15 I was perfectly capable of reading a label and understanding what I was reading.

And...... I thought way beyond what I was going to do next weekend.
You're the exception.
Most adults I have met don't have any clue how to properly dose tylenol and motrin to their kids (so they have to use the package chart which usually results in underdosing).
A simple use of ratios yields the correct answer, but everyone will look at you like you're from the moon.

Old 05-02-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Basically this is your position. Because some are not responsible or some kids don't listen you want every single parent whether responsible or not bend to your way of thinking, screw their rights as a parent.
Knowing how to handle a gun is not a necessary skill.

Knowing about sex is necessary unless you want your life ruined by an unplanned pregnancy or an STD.

As I said before, you can't compare the two.

And for what it's worth, I wouldn't care if my child was taught gun safety in school.

People who do not know how to handle a gun do not have a huge impact on society, unlike teen pregnancies.

Old 05-02-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Knowing how to handle a gun is not a necessary skill.
So what? Shouldn't we make sure that those who opt to know how to safely?

Quote:
Knowing about sex is necessary unless you want your life ruined by an unplanned pregnancy or an STD.

As I said before, you can't compare the two.

And for what it's worth, I wouldn't care if my child was taught gun safety in school.

People who do not know how to handle a gun do not have a huge impact on society, unlike teen pregnancies.
How about the school giving your 15 year old a gun without your knowledge? Good with that?

Old 05-02-2013, 11:24 AM

Quote:
So what? Shouldn't we make sure that those who opt to know how to safely?

How about the school giving your 15 year old a gun without your knowledge? Good with that?
Gun regulations should address the gun training issue....not schools.

The schools aren't handing out sex organs or sex drives.....kids are born with them.

That said, I am tiring of this silly comparison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies