Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 03:36 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,571,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
Okay.Then take a position and have a discussion instead of coming into the thread assuming I was talking about you.

Old 04-22-2013, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Homosexuals can't get a will?
Where there's a will, there's a way for a lawyer to destroy it.

Where there's a marriage, it's bulletproof.

Old 04-22-2013, 03:39 PM

1,963 posts, read 1,823,701 times
Quote:
Okay.Then take a position and have a discussion instead of coming into the thread assuming I was talking about you.
Don't make blanket statements about an entire group, then complain when they don't all fit into your warped, narrow generalization.

What a terrific bit of irony.

Old 04-22-2013, 03:40 PM

977 posts, read 764,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
I see, so "dodger" is a term of endearment, is it?

What exactly do you hope to accomplish with these little rhetorical games?
No games here. I laid out my argument in the first post. And given the parameters I have outlined, you are a 'dodger'. You have yet to bring up a topic for debate and have dodged the spirit of this thread. And so far I am accomplishing exactly what I expected to accomplish. That many here on the left do precisely what I said they do. Now if the posts isn't up to your 'rhetorical' standards, ignore it.

Old 04-22-2013, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
Don't make blanket statements about an entire group, then complain when they don't all fit into your warped, narrow generalization.

What a terrific bit of irony.
Then prove me wrong! So far only a few lefties actually wish to engage without making me look like a genius with my first post.

Old 04-22-2013, 03:44 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,656,943 times
Quote:
.......without attacking the right's positions?

The right says lower taxes the left says "you don't care about others'.
The right says gun control does not work the left says "you want dead children'.
The right says work hard and strive to do better the left says "it takes a village" and "you didn't build that".
The right says character is important the left says "moral relativism and situational ethics".

That's the short list. It would be novel if for once the left actually could articulate why they believe what they believe without saying "b-b-b-but Bush". It would also be refreshing if they could make an argument based on the merits of their belief system without the nuance, dodge, ducking, obfuscating, straw man, demonizing or otherwise going after the right simply because we believe differently. For those on the left, for once try to say why what you believe is best for this nation has merit without attacking the right.

Republicans are starting to act like communists, and people who live in countries with a dictator.

On many occasions republicans have tried to stop me from talking about the past. When I speak about GW Bush republicans often complain. (They complain that I am talking about the past.)

I just noticed that in your second paragraph above, you are complaining about people talking about GW Bush. (This is America and we have free speech.)

And in (your) newest assault on free speech, you say "why can't the left defend their positions, without attacking the right's positions?"

You said "without attacking the right's positions."
You're asking democrats to not attack the rights positions.

Republicans are trying to stop me from talking about the past.
And now you're trying to get democrats to stop attacking republican positions.

My answer to both of the above requests is "NO."

If you want to live in a country where people can't talk about the past, and if you want to live in a country where people can't attack opposing political positions. Then you should move to a communist country or a country with a dictator.

Perhaps you should move to China or North Korea (they don't have free speech in those countries.)
This is America, we can talk about the past, and we can attack opposing political positions.

Old 04-22-2013, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I'll see you one and raise you one

Old 04-22-2013, 03:47 PM

Quote:
I'll see you one and raise you one
Good to see I'm finally speaking your language.

Old 04-22-2013, 03:47 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,654,874 times
Quote:
Well here is an opportunity in this thread for those on the left.
To address about 8 different points, each of which already has many threads on this forum?

Old 04-22-2013, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Republicans are starting to act like communists, and people who live in countries with a dictator.

On many occasions republicans have tried to stop me from talking about the past. When I speak about GW Bush republicans often complain. (They complain that I am talking about the past.)

I just noticed that in your second paragraph above, you are complaining about people talking about GW Bush. (This is America and we have free speech.)

And in (your) newest assault on free speech, you say "why can't the left defend their positions, without attacking the right's positions?"

You said "without attacking the right's positions."
You're asking democrats to not attack the rights positions.

Republicans are trying to stop me from talking about the past.
And now you're trying to get democrats to stop attacking republican positions.

My answer to both of the above requests is "NO."

If you want to live in a country where people can't talk about the past, and if you want to live in a country where people can't attack others political positions. Then you should move to a communist country or a country with a dictator.

Perhaps you should move to China or North Korea (they don't have free speech in those countries.)
This is America, we can talk about the past, and we can attack opposing political positions.
You didn't need to waste all of that bandwidth making my points about the left. Just say you can't stand up for what you believe without attacking what others believe. You have many friends here in that regard. You have every right to free speech as I do. Don't hide behind the flag in order to attack. I appreciate your free speech. It puts a spotlight on exactly what I was talking about. And you can stay out of the thread if it makes you that upset.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies