Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2013, 10:34 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Pay attention please, I have no problem with their "voluntary lockdown" or whatever they want to call it. Tell people to stay off the streets for their own safety is fine with me, let people choose.

Going door to door with weapons drawn SWAT team style while forcing innocent home owners out of their homes at gunpoint to search them is what I have a problem with and so should you.

They were going door to door looking for the suspect. Did the swat team point their guns at homeowners....no. They were trying to protect them. What if the suspect was holding a family hostage and said if you tell anyone I am here I will kill you and your family. So should the police just knock on their door and ask if they saw anything suspicious. That's what you wanted them to do, right. What if the suspect had a gun to the back of the person who answered the door. Then what??

Old 04-26-2013, 10:35 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Don't play obtuse.

Answer the question:

Fourth attempt:

What would have happened to those people if they told the cops that they could not come in and that they were not coming out?
I do not have an answer to that question as I have already stated, but you can speculate all you want about what would of happened.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:36 PM

30,268 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I do not have an answer to that question as I have already stated, but you can speculate all you want about what would of happened.
You have speculated this entire thread about what would happen to the "tough guys" here if they did that. Why can you now not answer it as you have, previously?

Old 04-26-2013, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You have speculated this entire thread about what would happen to the "tough guys" here if they did that. Why can you now not answer it as you have, previously?
My guess, they would of asked questions and moved on to the next house, which is probably what they did with most of the houses.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:40 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
I have read it, I can also tell you that you will never get off your computer to do anything about this violation of your constitutional right, and you know it.
Does the same apply to me?

Are you saying that I have never asserted my 4th Amendment rights, and an honest cop did not search me when I did not give my consent?

Are you saying that in another incident, a dishonest cop did not take me to jail when i refused a search of my backpack, and I spend 8 hrs there, yet the DA refused to prosecute for lack of evidence?

How about the time I told a cop that i refused to answer any questions without an attorney present and asked if i was being detained?

He said that I was not being detained, and I wished him a good day, and rode off on my bike. He wasn't very happy, but at least he was an honest cop who read and understood the constitution, and his limitations.

That didn't happen?

I just told you incidents of when I have asserted my constitutional rights.

When have you done something other than be a sheeple, especially when it landed you in jail because some dishonest thug thought that he was above the supreme law of the land?

Huh, "tough guy" - or should I just say - sellout?

Old 04-26-2013, 10:41 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

They were going door to door looking for the suspect. Did the swat team point their guns at homeowners....no. They were trying to protect them. What if the suspect was holding a family hostage and said if you tell anyone I am here I will kill you and your family. So should the police just knock on their door and ask if they saw anything suspicious. That's what you wanted them to do, right. What if the suspect had a gun to the back of the person who answered the door. Then what??
This is a photo someone took from their window in Watertown during the search.

Have you ever had someone point a loaded automatic weapon at you while you were looking out your window?

Old 04-26-2013, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Does the same apply to me?

Are you saying that I have never asserted my 4th Amendment rights, and an honest cop did not search me when I did not give my consent?

Are you saying that in another incident, a dishonest cop did not take me to jail when i refused a search of my backpack, and I spend 8 hrs there, yet the DA refused to prosecute for lack of evidence?

How about the time I told a cop that i refused to answer any questions without an attorney present and asked if i was being detained.

He said that I was not being detained, and I wished him a good day, and rode off on my bike? He wasn't very happy, but at least he was an honest cop who read and understood the constitution, and his limitations.

That didn't happen?

I just told you incidents of when I have asserted my constitutional rights.

When have you done something other than be a sheeple, especially when it landed you in jail because some dishonest thug thought that he was above the supreme law of the land?

Huh, "tough guy" - or should I just say - sellout?
Sounds like you might be acting the part of your typical criminal. But that doesn't change the issue, if this lockdown somehow violated your rights, what are you actually gonna do about it besides whine on the internet?

Old 04-26-2013, 10:47 PM

30,268 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
My guess, they would of asked questions and moved on to the next house, which is probably what they did with most of the houses.
Really? You think that is how it would go down?

I present to you your own words:

Quote:
I am betting you would do what your told if that happened.
Quote:
Thanks for repeating what I just said, you would do what you were told if the police pounded on your door. All this attitude you have about all of this would of been thrown out the window the moment you began to pies yourself in fear.
Quote:
You can question the tactics all you want after the fact like an armchair quarterback but that doesnt change the fact that you would do what you are told if you were in that situation.
Quote:
So what would you do if a bunch of police pounded on your door during a lockdown?
Quote:
You would **** your pants if 20 fully armed cops pushed their way into your house. But thanks for the laugh, you really sounded like a true "tough guy."
Quote:
You talk big, but I seriously doubt you would have the guts to do anything if the police forced their way in. That being said, I doubt you were in Watertown during the lockdown, nor did you actually interact with the police during that lockdown.
Quote:
Oh you can question it all you want, like I have said before, you armchair quarterback away, you are totally free to do that, but if the police pounded on your door and wanted to check your house, you would do what you were told....as you have admitted.
Quote:
I just find it funny when you armchair commandos think you would have done something different or told the cops off during their hunt for a terrorist.
You know what would have happened, you just don't want to admit that you know.

So, in answer to this question:

Quote:
So the people of Watertown are now prisoners? And here I thought they were clapping and cheering when the terrorist was caught....silly people of Watertown, they didn't realize they are the new Gitmo.
Imprison means to put in, to confine. So, yes, those people WERE imprisoned in their own homes even though they were guilty of nothing. That is unconstitutional. Police forcing their way in, searching homeowners who were innocent, is unconstitutional.

As stated, the lock down did not catch the terrorist. A man going out of his house, after the lock down was lifted, after the police had already searched the area, to smoke a cigarette, a citizen who had done nothing wrong, is the one who found the terrorist.

How is it that you cannot see this?

If you CHOOSE to stay in your home, that's fine. That is your choice. But to have law enforcement make people stay in their homes on lock down, under the guise of "safety", which, in the end, didn't do a thing for a single citizen because the lockdown wielded exactly 0 results, is NOT fine.

That is the entire point of this thread.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:48 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:

Have you ever had someone point a loaded automatic weapon at you while you were looking out your window?

God bless him. He was doing his job trying to find the suspect. Did he shoot at the person in the window....no. We should commend him for his service and diligence.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:49 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:

I've had cops point a loaded gun at my head while I was cooperatively answering their questions during an illegal detention - where I was doing nothing more than walking towards the transit center to catch a bus after work.

I guess that is was because I was "walking while white" in a majority Hispanic city.

The cops were both Hispanic.

So were the deputies who illegally arrested me when I would not consent to a search of my backpack per the 4th Amendment.

My guess is that urbanlife has never had a gun pointed in his face.

It isn't a fun experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies