Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2013, 10:50 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
God bless him. He was doing his job trying to find the suspect. Did he shoot at the person in the window....no. We should commend him for his service and diligence.
Thanks for proving my point. Some people are just too stupid to be helped.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:50 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Really? You think that is how it would go down?

You know what would have happened, you just don't want to admit that you know.

So, in answer to this question:

Imprison means to put in, to confine. So, yes, those people WERE imprisoned in their own homes even though they were guilty of nothing. That is unconstitutional. Police forcing their way in, searching homeowners who were innocent, is unconstitutional.

As stated, the lock down did not catch the terrorist. A man going out of his house, after the lock down was lifted, after the police had already searched the area, to smoke a cigarette, a citizen who had done nothing wrong, is the one who found the terrorist.

How is it that you cannot see this?

If you CHOOSE to stay in your home, that's fine. That is your choice. But to have law enforcement make people stay in their homes on lock down, under the guise of "safety", which, in the end, didn't do a thing for a single citizen because the lockdown wielded exactly 0 results, is NOT fine.

That is the entire point of this thread.
Then go do something about it besides whining on the internet.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I've had cops point a loaded gun at my head while I was cooperatively answering their questions during an illegal detention - where I was doing nothing more than walking towards the transit center to catch a bus after work.

I guess that is was because I was "walking while white" in a majority Hispanic city.

The cops were both Hispanic.

So were the deputies who illegally arrested me when I would not consent to a search of my backpack per the 4th Amendment.

My guess is that urbanlife has never had a gun pointed in his face.

It isn't a fun experience.
Sounds like someone makes up pretty good stories.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:53 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Sounds like you might be acting the part of your typical criminal. But that doesn't change the issue, if this lockdown somehow violated your rights, what are you actually gonna do about it besides whine on the internet?
What the hell does this mean?

Old 04-26-2013, 10:54 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
Sounds like someone makes up pretty good stories.
Nope - I am telling the truth.

Sounds like you have a problem dealing with reality, and what really goes down on the streets of America on a daily basis.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:54 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Then go do something about it besides whining on the internet.
I take it then that you concede that it is indeed unconstitutional? Fantastic.

The first part of "doing something about it", is making people aware of constitutional violations. Just like any other issue or cause, the first thing one must do is make people AWARE of it.

When people have become aware of it, then we gather together and do what we can to prevent it from happening again. But first, we have to make people aware.

This is but one medium to do that. Or are you unaware of this new fangled thing called, "the internet"?

Old 04-26-2013, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Nope - I am telling the truth.

Sounds like you have a problem dealing with reality, and what really goes down on the streets of America on a daily basis.
Then why won't you tell us what you are gonna do about this lockdown that violated your rights, seeing you have a history with the law.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:57 PM

32,073 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Thanks for proving my point. Some people are just too stupid to be helped.
You know what, unlike you, I would never call anyone stupid just because I disagree with them. I may not agree but I do respect everyone's opinion and welcome the banter. But honestly, you had no point.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I take it then that you concede that it is indeed unconstitutional? Fantastic.

The first part of "doing something about it", is making people aware of constitutional violations. Just like any other issue or cause, the first thing one must do is make people AWARE of it.

When people have become aware of it, then we gather together and do what we can to prevent it from happening again. But first, we have to make people aware.

This is but one medium to do that. Or are you unaware of this new fangled thing called, "the internet"?
So in other words, you will do nothing about it besides whine in a random forum site, got it.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:58 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
Quote:
So in other words, you will do nothing about it besides whine in a random forum site, got it.
Have we had a single person chime in yet who actually had the police search their home during this manhunt?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies