Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 02:06 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,671,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
So basically what she is saying is that the US should admit only white immigrants with money ( because without money who'll be able "to make it" in America and who won't becomes a gamble.)
Oh well good luck with that.
No & you are spreading falsehood.

She is only saying we should have a temporary halt to our immigration system for all people.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:11 PM

26,793 posts, read 22,567,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
Higher crime, lower standards of living, lower property values, and more reliance upon government for starters.

Should I continue?
From what I remember these people were on government assistance because they've received refugee status; correct me if I am wrong.
I am not sure that the US government is accepting people in this country who go straight on public assistance, (unless they are refugees.) If they are refugees however, we are already talking the US politics, not just economy.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:16 PM

26,793 posts, read 22,567,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
No & you are spreading falsehood.

She is only saying we should have a temporary halt to our immigration system for all people.
Huh? Learn to read please before accusing anyone of anything.

Quote:
My thought is, maybe we should consider admitting immigrants who can succeed in America, rather than deadbeats.

But we're not allowed to "discriminate" in favor of immigrants who would be good for America. Instead of helping America, our immigration policies are designed to help other countries solve their internal problems by shipping their losers to us.

The problem isn't just illegal immigration. I would rather have doctors and engineers sneaking into the country than legally arriving ditch-diggers.
Those are her ( Coulter's) words.
The rest are the thoughts and ideas of OP.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:21 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,897,557 times
Quote:
So basically what she is saying is that the US should admit only white immigrants with money ( because without money who'll be able "to make it" in America and who won't becomes a gamble.)
The white thing aside, I think we should only be allowing people who are skilled or are married to an American. No we shouldn't be allowing in poor unskilled people because they offer no positives to our
society.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:49 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,736,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
The white thing aside, I think we should only be allowing people who are skilled or are married to an American. No we shouldn't be allowing in poor unskilled people because they offer no positives to our
society.
At a time when the economy has been royally trashed by 30+ years of Republican ideology, and jobs are at a minimum, the last thing we need is to be letting in skilled, trained, college-educated people to take the few good jobs there are out there.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:57 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,897,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
At a time when the economy has been royally trashed by 30+ years of Republican ideology, and jobs are at a minimum, the last thing we need is to be letting in skilled, trained, college-educated people to take the few good jobs there are out there.
Which is why we shouldn't be letting most people in. I don't support visaed workers but also do not support unskilled.

Old 04-26-2013, 04:18 PM

62,993 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Does that give a green light to illegally come?

There are many other nations with vast empty land as well. Whats your position on those countries?
Some people need to learn what the "carrying capacity" of a nation is opposed to large open unoccupied land masses. What utter fools they are not to know the difference.

Old 04-26-2013, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Except in the case of neocon Republicans, the extremist fringe element wackjob imbeciles were the very ones representing their party, often as the "luminaries", running for POTUS!

I mean, if a woman is raped, her body will prevent itself from becoming pregnant? Obama is a foreign national Islamist working towards jihad? Evolution is a myth? Homosexuality is tantamount to demonic possession?

Pfft.

You mean like when Saint Reagan signed the Immigration Reform and Control Act in 1986, granting automatic amnesty to millions of illegals?

Ronald Reagan on Immigration

Or how about Bush's special little plan? :

If you were better acquainted with history you would likely not come across as such a partisan hack hypocrite spreading misinformation.
Nothing but baldfaces lies! Extremists do not repesent the base of the GOP. Typical of the left to claim that though. Partisan hack hypocrite? Another lefty that can't debate without insults. Welcome to my ignore list.

Old 04-26-2013, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Since when do only white immigrants have money?

Old 04-26-2013, 05:33 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,756,050 times
I don't see the problem. The US already has rather picky immigration policies, just like most other countries. Nobody really wants unskilled, poor immigrants anymore. Those only come in the course of family reunification or because they are asylum seekers fleeing from someone or something.

The US is so big, population density is low in most parts. If politics were right and society in a better state, immigration would not be a problem at all. Immigration is mostly a mental problem, the fear of change etc. on the part of the established population.

Even terrorism is very overrated. There are millions of immigrants. There is one attack every couple of years or so. There will always be a few terrorists, we have them in Europe as well, they exist in India, in Russia, in China, everywhere...
In my view there are more nuts among the incumbent US population than among immigrants

The US is a somewhat cold country, very harsh and excessively competitive. I can understand that immigrants from certain regions and cultures feel lost in the US and start to dislike it there. One of the two brothers behind the Boston attack said he has not made friends with any Americans after 10 years in the country. That makes me wonder if there are no programs aimed at integrating immigrants into society. I guess it is important because you don't want to hurt or kill whom you like and understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies