Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 11:24 AM

1,350 posts, read 2,300,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Does that give a green light to illegally come?

There are many other nations with vast empty land as well. Whats your position on those countries?

I said LEGAL immigration. LEGAL immigration from Western nations who are our allies and with people who are highly educated and skilled.

Do you have any idea the quality of people I've met who are from England, with master's degrees who want to come and live in the United States legally?

Old 04-26-2013, 12:20 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,846,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
They all did, its just you have an agenda so you'll refuse any links posted, including the NYT. Posters like you are a dime a dozen, no matter what is posted you will claim "that's not true" and simply ignore it...
How is asking you to provide a source for your statement (to which you are still offering Google searches of outdated references) an "agenda"?...

Quote:
...Math appears not to be your strong suit, since 3 1/2 years is within ten years. Second, even a cursory search of recently closed hospitals such as St. Vincent's in NYC show that they have closed due to non-payments/reduced medicaid payments for illegals. Given that illegals are swamping hospitals around the country for basic care - and often have no method of paying for it, the rational would grasp that they are damaging the health care system. Really not to hard to put the two together; lots of hospitals closing due to non-payment, and illegals have little/no method of paying for care

L.A. Emergency Rooms Full of Illegal Immigrants | Fox News

Study: Illegal immigrants cost Texas, hospitals $677 million - Houston Chronicle

Hawthorne Hospital to Shut Doors - Los Angeles Times
But you said "more hospitals closing than any other reasons", and want to use the irrationality of Cosman and old articles to try to prove the math...

Old 04-26-2013, 12:46 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
Quote:
We should have agreements with nations like Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the UK that allow a fast track process to get the right to work in the United States.
Why? You want in? Join the Commonwealth.

Old 04-26-2013, 01:12 PM

1,347 posts, read 954,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
How is asking you to provide a source for your statement (to which you are still offering Google searches of outdated references) an "agenda"?...
I've provided multiple sources, from numerous academic and media sources, all stating the many hospital and medical facilities that have closed due to non-payment by illegal aliens. Denying it or repeatedly asking for "evidence" over and over is a sign you'd prefer more to troll than debate.

Quote:
But you said "more hospitals closing than any other reasons", and want to use the irrationality of Cosman and old articles to try to prove the math...
I listed what, 5 different sources OTHER than that one article, but you're still singing the same tune? And any events within the last ten years fits what I said, you just have an agenda that you will push regardless of the facts. Not building a strong case for your credibility here.

Even more sources:

http://www.gopusa.com/commentary/201...ost-hospitals/

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/27/ny...anted=all&_r=0

"Hospitals Fear Cuts in Aid for Care to Illegal Immigrants
By NINA BERNSTEIN
Published: July 26, 2012

President Obama’s health care law is putting new strains on some of the nation’s most hard-pressed hospitals, by cutting aid they use to pay for emergency care for illegal immigrants, which they have long been required to provide.

The federal government has been spending $20 billion annually to reimburse these hospitals — most in poor urban and rural areas — for treating more than their share of the uninsured, including illegal immigrants. The health care law will eventually cut that money in half, based on the premise that fewer people will lack insurance after the law takes effect.

But the estimated 11 million people now living illegally in the United States are not covered by the health care law. Its sponsors, seeking to sidestep the contentious debate over immigration, excluded them from the law’s benefits.

As a result, so-called safety-net hospitals said the cuts would deal a severe blow to their finances."

=====================

At this point, if you are going to be an honest commentator, you are going to have to concede my point. If you are going to just troll and claim: "you have not provided sources", I will report you to the forum admins for trolling the thread.

Old 04-26-2013, 01:22 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Oh FYI Obama's dad came here before the law passed and had Obama before the law went into effect. It is a myth that there was no nonWhite immigration before the law passed but please keep posting your fact less diatribes.
that isnt the argument of the person you responded to, it is the argument of Ann Coulter.

Old 04-26-2013, 01:38 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prytania View Post
I said LEGAL immigration. LEGAL immigration from Western nations who are our allies and with people who are highly educated and skilled.

Do you have any idea the quality of people I've met who are from England, with master's degrees who want to come and live in the United States legally?
It doesn't have to be just "western" nations. The Vietnamese refugees have been able to adapt and fit in and there aren't many problems caused by them.

The whole "refugee" term is now in question because this family hated the USA and took so many trips back to their own part of the world that it's obvious they were not in any kind of danger -- refugee can just mean some lazy misfits who like the nice government handouts offered them by the USA.

Old 04-26-2013, 01:47 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,666 times
Quote:
The requisite name-calling and bile spewed against all and any who do not agree with the current legal/illegal immigration policies is a sign of an inability to follow your namesake, and the very nonsense against which you supposedly stand for.

There are a vast majority of those who, like me, want the doors closed - and we are far from racist - which usually is the last refuge of the failed Left when it is unable to defeat their opponents in the marketplace of ideas.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/26/us...html?ref=world

Optimism Dims for U.S. Middle Class

Mind you, I despise many aspects of the right, such as the corporate right, but that is getting off-topic.

I despise the corporate right too and am tired of the left calling anyone racist because they oppose illegal immigration. I would oppose illegal immigration of any race because it hurts other minorities who are American born. Not the mention all the legal and illegals who are taking jobs from Americans.

Old 04-26-2013, 01:53 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
It's one thing to live here it's another to do it on taxpayers backs. Those Boston bombers were living on welfare I believe if there are not enough jobs here then we need to stop allowing more poor people in, we have enough.

Welcome back
True. Quite frankly we can't afford to import poor unskilled immigrants who will just be on welfare, nor should we have to. Our middle class is disappearing, many Americans use assistance because they are unable to find jobs, teachers, cops and firefighters are losing jobs due to the economy. The last thing we need are people who never paid into the system coming here to sponge off the system.

What many don't know is that there have been problems with people coming here only to get welfare. This is why immigration welfare was tightened with the 1996 welfare reform. Unfortunately refugees still get welfare immediately which is how this freeloading terrorist family got assistance. We need to look at what is consider a refugee because these people obviously weren't.

Old 04-26-2013, 01:56 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
100% correct.

I would go even further and stop ALL legal immigration for at least a decade. This country is rapidly approaching critical mass, and in some areas, it has already surpassed it.

The idea of taking 3rd world peoples (no this isnt a race issue) and throwing them into our high tech, modern, and civilized society is not a good idea under any circumstances.

It will result in nothing but problems.
So basically what she is saying is that the US should admit only white immigrants with money ( because without money who'll be able "to make it" in America and who won't becomes a gamble.)
Oh well good luck with that.

Old 04-26-2013, 01:59 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceP View Post
Teddy Kennedy's 1965 immigration act so dramatically altered the kinds of immigrants America admits that, since 1969, about 85 percent of legal immigrants have come from the Third World. They bring Third World levels of poverty, fertility, illegitimacy and domestic violence with them. When they can't make it in America, they simply go on welfare and sometimes strike out at Americans.

In other words, admit only white people. Sorry shemale Coulter, these dudes were white girl.

Thanks Ann. First you said the terrorists were illegally in the country (not true) and now the problem is that they are immigrants (but she failed to point the fact they are/were white)

There is a lot of successful americans that are of russian/slavic descent. The terrorists are literally caucasian. The fact is the terrorists were sick, deranged individuals. Even some american born are sick deranged individuals.
According to Russian understanding these people ( Chechens) are not "white" - or rather not quite white.
The Caucasians are not regarded as "white people" in Russia, neither are Arabs. But America has different approach when it comes to determining who is white and who is not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies